You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: The BATMAN Thread

tejastech08 wrote:

I managed to record TV Spots 3 and 4. Enjoy:

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

TV Spot 4 has arguably the coolest Batman shot we've seen in the movies since the introduction of Keaton's Batman in the opening scene of the 1989 film.

czD70.gif

Feels like something straight out of the comics, which is great to see.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-tal … 04827.html

Christian Bale’s comment opens the door for another ‘Batman’ movie
By Claudine Zap | Movie Talk – 3 hours ago

Christian Bale may not be ready to hang up his Batman suit, after all. Time and again, the star of the Christopher Nolan-directed "Dark Knight" movies has said that the third installment of the Batman trilogy will be his last.

Fans have been having a hard time saying goodbye. "The Dark Knight Rises," out this summer, is said to be the last of the Bale-Nolan dynamic duo. And Bale has steadfastly given  no reason for hope. In November, when the movie wrapped, he said, "Everything's finished. It's me and Chris (Nolan) -- that will be the end of that Batman era."

But maybe the Batman era will live on.

In an interview with Empire magazine, the actor leaves an opening, however small, that another movie could be in his future. He tells the publication, "My understanding is that this is the last one. I think it's appropriate, I think it's going out at the right time. But ... if Chris came to me with a script and said, 'You know what? There is another story' then I would love the challenge of making a fourth one work."

But in the same interview it doesn't sound like Nolan is exactly on board. He says, "What drew me to Batman in the first place was Bruce Wayne's story, and that he's a real character whose story begins in childhood. ... That, for me, became a three-part story. And obviously the third part becomes the ending of the guy's story."

But what if the guy's story is re-invented -- in, say, a Justice League movie? In the hit "The Avengers," Robert Downey Jr.'s "Ironman" served as the familiar character in Marvel's group movie. Perhaps Bale could be persuaded to bring his caped crusader to the DC Comics' book version of its team superhero project. The "Justice League" could include Bale's Batman, along with Superman, Green Lantern, and even Wonder Woman. At least, superfans of DC Comics can always hope.

And hope springs eternal -- searches on Yahoo! have surged for "Justice League Movie" with the success of "The Avengers."

Joss Whedon, who directed "The Avengers," was recently asked how to make a Justice League picture work —- something that has been discussed for years. Whedon joked, "Call me," adding, "It's enormously difficult to take very disparate characters and make them work. DC has a harder time of it than Marvel because their characters are from an old, bygone era where characters were bigger than we were. Marvel really cracked the code in terms of 'Oh, they're just like us.' Marvel really started with 'Iron Man.' I think you need to use that as your base."

Let's hope someone at Warner Bros. has the batphone on speed-dial.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Bale is totally yanking the media's chain, haha.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah there's no way he's doing another one, because Nolan isn't doing another one. There's nothing left for him to tell. It's done. Nolan is gonna be more interested in taking his creative juices over to the Superman universe.

My guess is WB let's it sit for awhile (not too long though), and does something more comic-heavy to revive it, but with Nolan-sensabilties. Basically a live-action version of the Arkham video games.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Think Nolan would ever entertain the idea of a Justice League movie? he's done Batman and is now doing Superman. My guess is that'd be harder to do and do well then The Avengers

Personally I don't think he's yanking anyone's chain. The headline is misleading. Basically all Bale is saying is IF and it's a mega IF Nolan had more to give in the Batman story he'd be in. I believe him. It's not a role he'd turn down if Nolan came back to him with another script. Obviously at this point Nolan has no interest but ya never know what happens down the road.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Nolan isn't directing Superman, Zach Snyder is. Nolan and his Batman co-writer David Goyer came up with an idea and pitched it to the studio. Beyond that, Nolan handed the entire thing over to Snyder and hasn't touched it since. He's been too busy making the Batman movie to worry about Superman. I think Nolan would be spinning his wheels if he keeps making comic book adaptations. I want him to do other types of projects.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

My guess is WB let's it sit for awhile (not too long though), and does something more comic-heavy to revive it, but with Nolan-sensabilties. Basically a live-action version of the Arkham video games.

Rumor is that's exactly what WB wants. I wish they would hand it over to Bruce Timm and Paul Dini as producers and let them do a live action version of Batman: The Animated Series.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Nolan isn't directing Superman, Zach Snyder is. Nolan and his Batman co-writer David Goyer came up with an idea and pitched it to the studio. Beyond that, Nolan handed the entire thing over to Snyder and hasn't touched it since. He's been too busy making the Batman movie to worry about Superman. I think Nolan would be spinning his wheels if he keeps making comic book adaptations. I want him to do other types of projects.

No way Nolan is over on Superman if he doesn't have creative control. Why bother?

Either he, or Jonathan Nolan are calling shots. Guaranteed. Ever watch "Person of Interest" with Jim Caviziel on CBS?

It's basically a Nolan Batman/Inception TV series. It was created by Jonathan.

Superman will be as Nolanverse as it can be with an alien superhero.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

No way Nolan is over on Superman if he doesn't have creative control. Why bother?

Either he, or Jonathan Nolan are calling shots. Guaranteed. Ever watch "Person of Interest" with Jim Caviziel on CBS?

It's basically a Nolan Batman/Inception TV series. It was created by Jonathan.

Superman will be as Nolanverse as it can be with an alien superhero.

Nolan's wife said in December that they had handed it over to Snyder because they were too busy with Batman. I think the hype surrounding Nolan as "godfather of the Superman reboot" was a deliberate attempt at propaganda by WB. Yes, Nolan was involved in coming up with the story. No, he's not anywhere near as involved in the production as Jerry Bruckheimer would be or Nolan would be for a movie he directs. They wanted to create some goodwill for their reboot so they oversold the idea of Chris Nolan saving Superman from the abyss. Has a good ring to it if you're a studio executive who wants to create good will with fanboys.

I have seen Person of Interest. Pretty good show.

Board footer