You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: There Was A Time

Sky Dog wrote:

nice....that needs to go in the album's lyric section..

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

madagas wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlCSqVet … re=related
99 IRS....notice the lead solo where Bucket's now is...sound familiar? I think it is Robin's solo on the final version. They just cut and paste Robin's in there for the 2008 leak version and the final CD version....unbelievable....recorded in 99.

In any case, I like the drumming on these demos and the roughness of the songs.

Ah, the 1999 IRS. The one thing that I miss on the new version is Robin's fucking cool choppy rhythm guitar from 1:38 onwards. It's there in the album version, but inexplicably Axl's stuck an effect on top of it and buried it in the mix. Should've been left exactly as it was on the 1999 version... damn shame.

AtariLegend wrote:

www.brianmay.com said years ago, that he played on "Atlas Shrugged", "Catcher In The Rye" and "There Was A Time".

If May recorded that stuff in '99, then the alleged '99 Demo might even be from '98.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
madagas wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlCSqVet … re=related
99 IRS....notice the lead solo where Bucket's now is...sound familiar? I think it is Robin's solo on the final version. They just cut and paste Robin's in there for the 2008 leak version and the final CD version....unbelievable....recorded in 99.

In any case, I like the drumming on these demos and the roughness of the songs.

Well spotted, I dont think I've listened to that version since it first leaked.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

i really dont think there is anything wrong with the cut and paste of that solo. if these demos hadn't leaked nobody would have known.

you want to talk about shitty cut and paste btw go check out the CITR vocals.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Whoa... could you imagine TWAT with May on guitar?!??! 11

Board footer