You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Oh My God

Olorin wrote:

During the Axl chat when he was denying Chinese Democracy was his solo record, because a solo record of his would be much more instrumental, he said:

"The instrumental I wrote for End of Days that’s more a solo effort at least presently."

Is he talking about Oh My God or a proper instrumental featured in the film that isnt on the soundtrack?

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

I'm reading the chats again by the way, another question or muse:

The name helped the music more than you could ever know and I’m not talking in regards to studios or budgets I mean it as in being pushed by something and having to get the music to a place where I can find my peace regardless of what anyone says. And that wasn’t fully achieved until the last round of mastering and swapping out a version of a track at the pressing plant that had gotten inadvertently changed at the last minute.

I missed this, I guess this is where the 15 track rumour came from. He said a version of a track was swapped, not a track was removed.
So what do ya think it was? I hope it wasnt Catcher... sad

LoneSalBugz
 Rep: 3 

LoneSalBugz wrote:

I remember him speaking of the instrumental, it's name was something shocking and bizzare, although I can't remember the details, I chuckled and felt it was typical of Axl.

Anyone ?!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I have no dea what he means by swapping out a track. Interesting...

I think the solo Oh My God thing was a track called "Mommy can we sleep with the Devil" or something close to that, I believe.

Neemo? wink

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Quote from: yorch on Today at 12:07:05
I love Oh my God, but it really sounds like a demo, why? I'm sure we all would love a new version.

Because that's all it was, only at the time having just got it together only Jimmy Iovine knew that who wanted it to sell their soundtrack. I saw segments of the movie which were good. As a whole later not so much but it wasn't ready yet then. I did write an experimental piece inspired by the bits I'd seen called "Daddy Can the Devil do Mommy and me?" ;D

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Ahhh that must be the instrumental he meant, cheers guys smile

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I would love to hear an Axl instrumental album.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

I wouldn't, just because I'm very, very concerned that it would sound close to My World.

I love Axl as much as anyone here, and I think he's a genius, but my god, that might be the worst thing ever put to tape.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

An Axl solo and/or instrumental album would be a clusterfuck and he knows it. Its why he didn't do one in 1988 when he said he wanted to, and why he doesn't do one now.

The guy's amazing, but he needs other amazing talent surrounding him to get things done. Even then, it takes forever.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The funny bit is he might have done one and we wouldnt know.

I don't deny it might take forever, but the instrumental stuff we know of his shows promice to me, like This I love is pretty awesome, and, hate on me for it, but I actually really like "My World" it captures a certain mood and state of mind really well I think.

So i'd listen to more.

Board footer