You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Tarot Card Readings

AtariLegend wrote:

I know it's kind of pathetic in a sense, but after the last few weeks some things, that have happened, have changed my life, not nessarily for the better. I wasn't sure what to do, so I've spent an increasing amount of time looking stuff like astrology, in this case Tarrot Cards (not psychics)

Although some of it seems to be pretty accurate, to an extent, it seems to all be based upon my worst fears.

I'm just wondering does, anyone else believe in this kinda thing...?

http://www.llewellyn.com/free/tarot.php

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

I have three sets, read them for myself and other people who ask me.

Once, the same result came out for me by me and two friends did it for me and the same result came out from them too.

Each time, a 72 cards tarot had been used.

So threee different people, same outcome.

And yes, to an extent, i do believe in tarot, more in my oracle ( i have two sets of tarot and one oracle).
I also believe in ancient runes and dictionnary reading ( another form of " divination" through a dictionnary)

AtariLegend wrote:
the_real_jessica wrote:

I have three sets, read them for myself and other people who ask me.

Once, the same result came out for me by me and two friends did it for me and the same result came out from them too.

Each time, a 72 cards tarot had been used.

So threee different people, same outcome.

And yes, to an extent, i do believe in tarot, more in my oracle ( i have two sets of tarot and one oracle).
I also believe in ancient runes and dictionnary reading ( another form of " divination" through a dictionnary)

Do you feel the intial outcomes you ever get, for either past or present ever reflect you're life?

No examples, of course, just curious.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Some friends of mine hold a cool Halloween party every year, and someones sister did tarot cards one time. She researched it & everything & most people said it seemed pretty accurate. I went up, and right away she said "Wow your very pessimistic" or something along those lines. Which is true. She went on, most seemed fairly accurate, but it was awkward in knowing her, & hearing her say some of the things (lacking love life, disliking my job etc). Overall, being she was only a novice, I was pretty impressed.

I also went to a palm reader down the shore on a whim with friends. She mentioned when I will live until (78, but I really didn't care to hear that). The one thing of note, apparently my fate line or destiny line isn't there (deals with love life) basically isn't there. It runs straight up your hand into your middle finger). So I can blame that for likely never getting married. Anyway befor eleaving she asked if I had any questions. At the time I really liked/loved this girl who only wanted to be "just friends". I asked her if anything will ever come of it, and she looked me in the eye, and said I really like this girl, but maybe it isn't meant to be. I was saddened though, not because of her answer, but because I knew she was speaking to me just as a person, giving advice, no mystique about it. So it really seemed to negate everything she previously told me.

Overall, I think the Tarot seemed more accurate than palm reading. Just MHO.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I do not believe in that sort of thing.

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

I am open minded about it.  A while ago I posted that I was thinking of visiting a medium.  I still haven't gotten round to that but it's something I think I will do.  Part of me thinks that, accurate or not, this type of thing might be best left alone as it can maybe raise more questions than it answers and you can read things into it that aren't really there.  It does interest me though.

Nyd - Reversed
in the Past position.

A card in the left position indicates what has happened to affect your question in the past.

Nyd reversed foretells failure and despair. Stress-related problems surround you. You may feel you are experiencing insurmountable difficulties from which you cannot seem to free yourself. Learn to be honest with yourself. You may be failing to use your personal fate creatively.

Tyr Tyr
in the Present position.

A card in the middle position indicates what is affecting your question at this time.

The Tyr card stands for matters of personal ethics and integrity. Faithfulness and loyalty to a promise are essential if you are to win in the end. High principles must be maintained and adhered to if you are to count on justice being done. Should you choose to deviate form those high principles, expect to reap your just desserts.

Ur Ur
in the Future position.

A card in the right position indicates your questions future.

This rune stands for a determined effort of the will, and that you will experience strength, good health, and energy. Your focus, as well as your strong desire, shapes your circumstances and places you in a powerful position. You are in for positive changes

That's what I got from Atari's link.  It could all pertain to a lot of things. 

Thanks for the foretelling of failure and despair by the way Nyd.  If I wasn't stuffed full of happy pills, I could been quite upset by that!

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I believe there's a lot of truth to it. Did the test linked in the first post, pretty accurate that it would predict what I thought about. Exactly on the spot.

AtariLegend wrote:

So am I the only one who didn't get positive readings...

Mine suggest the same thing as Jessica's custom title.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

No. Mine also said i'm basicly fucked sad

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I have found that it is easy to be "directed" to put dots together and paint pictures that aren't really true.  Nostradamus created a legacy by having people "want" to see the logic and hidden truths where none existe.  His ambiguity was/is fodder for those who try to put reason to the random and I think the same is true for Tarot Readers and those who believe these people have enlightened them with mystical knowledge.

Board footer