You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saudade
 Rep: 0 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Saudade wrote:

Essentially, this is Axl being a troll. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like it.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I seriously didn't plan on or expect the overwhelmingly positive response and public support for my decision regarding the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. With such a generous outpouring of solidarity from fans, media outlets, writers and other artists, I'm truly humbled, blown away and unbelievably relieved!

What the hell is he talking about? He's being ripped by the fans.

well, in general a negative person will complain in the easiest way possible.
someone with an attempt to reach out to axl in this situation may pick up the phone or send an email or message via website, etc. you wouldn't hear about those. the supporters may also go unnoticed because everyone is a hard ass online. having said that, i am sure the overwhelming majority stance is the obvious one.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Thanx for posting Russ!

I kinda liked this part!

russtcb wrote:

ANOTHER statement from Axl:

...Now that the smoke's cleared a little, any desperate, misguided attacks have been just that, a pathetic stab at gossip, some lame vindictiveness, the usual entitlement crap, he's obsessed, crazy, volatile, a hater. I once bought a homeless woman a slice of pizza who yelled at me she wanted soup. We got her the soup. You can get your own.

Seems to me some people and (some) fans should go get THEIR soup!

Also liked the closing bit!

...Unlike my open letter to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It May Concern this was written for GNR's official website, Facebook account and my personal twitter account and not intended as a press release. If anyone does choose to pick this up as has been done previously I'd appreciate if you'd run in full including this paragraph so as not to give a partial picture, have things taken out of context or to imply or inadvertently give the impression this was intended for other outlets.

Thanks in advance. Peace-

johndivney wrote:

Way to let sleeping dogs lie...

Sometimes I feel like he's beatin a dead horse..
an I dunno why he keeps bringing me DOWN.

enough w/this attn whore shite.
the drama outweighs the output. another sad truth of this mess.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Axl felt the anger and hatred and wanted to explain his motives...but he hasn't. I don't get it. He's very careful to be civic, but still says nothing. The 'congratulation to the other artists' sounds still disturbing to me. He could have thanked the other ex-members and the others. Maybe it's just me, but why he didn't say (in the first place) that 'This is my past. Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven, Matt and Dizzy..we had a helluva band. Thanks for the great times, but my present and future is DJ, Ron, Tommy etc. I don't have any interest to revisit my past, it'd be too painful for a lot of reasons, so I'm not going. Thanks again and enjoy the show'. Or whatever. But it's clear that the HOF still bugs him.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
war wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I seriously didn't plan on or expect the overwhelmingly positive response and public support for my decision regarding the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. With such a generous outpouring of solidarity from fans, media outlets, writers and other artists, I'm truly humbled, blown away and unbelievably relieved!

someone with an attempt to reach out to axl in this situation may pick up the phone or send an email or message via website, etc. you wouldn't hear about those. the supporters may also go unnoticed because everyone is a hard ass online. having said that, i am sure the overwhelming majority stance is the obvious one.

Jarmo cleared HTGTH then Beta let Axl take a look at the 'fans' comments'.

war

war wrote:

axl has a "with me or against me" attitude. once old guns became associated with hall or vice versa it became too much for him to deal with internally.

war

war wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
war wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Jarmo cleared HTGTH then Beta let Axl take a look at the 'fans' comments'.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
war wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

someone with an attempt to reach out to axl in this situation may pick up the phone or send an email or message via website, etc. you wouldn't hear about those. the supporters may also go unnoticed because everyone is a hard ass online.

Great post, War!

war wrote:

having said that, i am sure the overwhelming majority stance is the obvious one.

Yes, because standing on the outside looking in, not knowing what's going on behind the scenes, it's easy to cast a judgement that suits you.

Board footer