You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: gunsnroses.com (Merch store now open, SALE!)

James wrote:
-D- wrote:

i can't think of many logical reasons why I support this band as much as i do.

I have zero reasons so I no longer support them.

Bullshit nostalgia acts with scab lineups with their track record aint my cup of tea.

Soundgarden will do more this year than this band will do in the next five, and Axl and the hangers on had a 4 year head start since CD's release. I don't even care about the scraps in the vault anymore. It's mid 2012 and this "band" is still coasting on AFD and UYI under the disguise of an average album released four years ago. NO THANKS.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

well said James

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
-D- wrote:

Bullshit nostalgia acts with scab lineups with their track record aint my cup of tea.

Soundgarden will do more this year than this band will do in the next five, and Axl and the hangers on had a 4 year head start since CD's release. I don't even care about the scraps in the vault anymore. It's mid 2012 and this "band" is still coasting on AFD and UYI under the disguise of an average album released four years ago. NO THANKS.

Lofton returns, flips the Austin middle finger and walks out the door.

I knew he was the man to do it. Absolutely agree. It's a fucking joke anymore. "Yeah but they're recording NEW music"

Keep dreaming. There's so much more going on right now, Soundgarden's return, AIC's got a new album at the end of the year, I think Pearl Jam's working on something, Slash, Ratt, i'm sure there's others i'm not thinking of...

Time to move on

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think you guys are getting too close to it.

Ironic from me - a huge GNR nerd myself...but the thing with music is..
Luckily we don't have to have one at the expense of the other.

It's not like we have to pick a team to win or something.

I've been getting into AIC so i'm excited for a new record, and it's only 3 weeks till Slash's new record....looking forward to it.

But I enjoy Axl's songs, and it takes him how long it takes him. Sure I'd love some shit this year...but from how shit goes down it's more likely to be 10 years huh...I'd prefer it comes sooner but I'll be interested to hear it whenever...

I think getting frustrated doesn't help...it's like trying to watch a kettle boil...just makes it seem to happen slower. Reality is Axl will do shit in his own sweet time - it might be soon, it might be mid term, or he might not do it at all.

So my way of looking at it is like when I buy a lotto ticket. I'm not expecting anything much to happen...but sometimes it does and that's cool when it happens.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

really enjoying your posts people!

The admins should turn this forum into a book where all the best posts are gathered under certain GNR topics.

There have been a few one liners here worthy of television. Lately I think I'm more into reading what you guys say about all things GNR more than GNR themselves.

BIZARRE!!!

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
-D- wrote:

Lofton returns, flips the Austin middle finger and walks out the door.

I knew he was the man to do it. Absolutely agree. It's a fucking joke anymore. "Yeah but they're recording NEW music"

Keep dreaming. There's so much more going on right now, Soundgarden's return, AIC's got a new album at the end of the year, I think Pearl Jam's working on something, Slash, Ratt, i'm sure there's others i'm not thinking of...

Time to move on

The cult!

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I think Axl is a master psychologist.

That quiet period where we heard nothing, beat us down to the level where we will now accept and slop up any thing he gives us and say thank u may i have another?

Are we being selfish?

I try to distance myself and ask myself that question. When I do though, it makes me think of what i said above.

I once started a thread at HTGTH about 8 years ago saying GNR fans have beaten wife syndrome.

so now, we feel like assholes criticizing GNR touring cause immediately people say,
"It beats the alternative."

BUT does that make it ok?

I am dubbing this the S.O.S. tour or the Same Ole Shit tour if it is exactly the same setlist etc.

but guess what? Its better than the alternative, so people will have their fanatic optimism and smile........... hoping our master will deem us worthy to deliver something new...

Fuck that shit. I will have open eyes and ears for first couple shows, if its SOS, i won't follow it anymore.

Sky Dog wrote:

...can't say I disagree

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Axl is NOT a master sychologist. Nothing he has done post Illusions has been anything but a  clusterfuck and the actiosn of a guy who has NO clue what he's really doing. To suggest any of ths has been part of his masterplan is just completely dellusional at this point. However the fanbase has reacted has been completely indavertant. Axl didn't plan any of this

Board footer