You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Ozzy Osbourne Discussion

metallex78 wrote:

I was hoping for some at least No More Tears quality stuff on Black Rain with Zakk back properly, but it's really bland. Haven't heard Scream, aside from the single they released, so can't really say anything about that album.

That I Never Had from Down To Earth is one my favs, and sounds like a Randy era tune to me.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Oh yeah I completely forgot about Pride and Glory and his solo album Book of Shadows! Yeah...See You On The Other Side is a great song.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

The solo in See You On The Other Side is killer too! 3

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Crazy Babies is another awesome song that showed off Zakk's potential as an example who sets a great riff and keeps it at a solid rhythm while going all out on the solo. Laced with Ozzy's double tracked vocals, the sound effects, featuring the amazing Bob Daisley on bass who has played on Ozzy's best albums and who is a solid songwriter. The legendary Randy Castillo on drums. You can't form a better rhythm section for a solo metal band.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Very bizarre and unique show to release. It's basically the short lived version of Ozzy's band post-Randy/pre-Jake, that not much is ever spoken of or heard from, and has been long forgotton.

Honestly? I'm just glad it's something without Randy Rhodes. No disrespect to Randy, but ENOUGH. God, i'm a diehard Ozzy fan, and i'm sick of hearing about Randy Rhodes.

"RIP Randy" signs in 1990, were already years past their prime. Now? Let it go man...

I feel like a total asshole saying that. Am I wrong? Or has Ozzy beat the Randy thing into the friggin' ground?

I understand. That's just how shit goes, man... It's no different than any other dead musician. (Dimebag, Cliff Burton, etc.)

Make no mistake.. I completely agree. That's why you N' me are boys, Axlin. We're on the same wavelength...

EXAMPLE: I just watched "God Bless Ozzy Osbourne" the other day... 70% of the film was great. The other 30% was the same, boring Ozzy bullshit we've all heard a million times. Including, but not limited to, the Randy shit. Look.. We get it. You were down in the dumps, after being fired by Sabbath, and the kid came in and renewed your career... He was brilliant, and amazing, and a really nice guy, and your best friend, and he was taken from you too soon.

Enough, already...
One cannot help but wonder, that if Zakk Wylde had died, tragically, back in 1993 if Ozzy would have been sayin the same shit about him. The fact is... Even though the dude is still with us, he should be, anyway.

After Randy died, Ozzy began a slow descent into addiction, insanity, relative obscurity... and extreme parody. He became a caricature of himself, and almost irrelevant. Then, in '88.. This 19 year old gas station attendant from Jersey joined his band, and together, they reclaimed Ozzy's artistic integrity, and produced some of his finest work in "No More Tears" and.. to a lesser extent, "Ozzmosis".

Zakk is just as responsible for resuscitating and revitalizing Osbourne's career as Randy... Yet, he almost never recieves any credit.

Mr Wylde has since, sort of turned into a parody if himself, as well.. But there is no denying the fact that back then... he pulled Ozz out of the malaise of the mid 80's and ushered in a new era of back-to-basics quality Hard Rock. He was the perfect combination of Randy and Jake, while bringing a certain "Slash-ness" to the mix, as well. He could play fast without sounding like a fucking show off, and wrote amazing songs with the old man... Until he bounced to do "Pride & Glory"...

Just ONCE, I'd like to hear some "Ozzy Historian" acknowledge Wylde's historical significance... Not just Randy's...

*EDIT* And, for the record... Nobody will ever touch that touring lineup of Ozz/Zakk/Inez/Castillo...

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm partial to Randy, but it has nothing to do with anything other than being amazed by his musicianship.  I think he did things that others didn't at the time...more people do it now, so people tend to take it for granted; add to that Ozzy bringing up his death every chance he gets and I get why people forget how amazing a talent he was. 

I think Ozzy's best work (by far) was with Randy.  There may have been reasons beyond just Randy's talent that makes that the case, but that's how I feel...nothing against Zakk, who is an amazing talent in his own right.  I even prefer it to Sabbath with Ozzy.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

Oh, by no means am I saying Zakk's work with Ozzy is superior to Randy's...

I just get tired of the standard "Ozzy was nothing... Then Randy came along.. And every other guitar player since are all equally irrelevant" bullshit that is repeated ad nauseum since forever....

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Randy was amazing, but his worship does get old, and Zakk is a mother fucking animal in the guitar, doesn't get enough credit.

Board footer