You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Roger Waters Discussion (NEW ATD vinyl coming!)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I think a casual or NON fan would still be blown away by this show.

it certainly is a spectacle for the ages.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Ill share more thoughts after everybody sees it.

impossible to review without blowing all the cool shit. So once everyone sees it, let's discuss.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

russtcb wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

Shooting for July 12'th! big_smile So siked!

I've got a buddy that lives in DC. I don't think he knows the first thing about Floyd or Waters, but I'm gonna encourage him to go anyway.

I'm doing the same thing with one of my close buds. He's only heard a little of Pink Floyd from me and other friends & family. With the kind of music and performances he's into with other artists, I think he will thoroughly enjoy this show. If not then I may find a girl or someone to bring. I will make sure to post a review if I do go. It will probably be posted the following day. It's going to be mind blowing for me personally since I've become a big fan of the Floyd and since they offer some of the Roger's solo albums on the internet, I may give them a listen especially the one you recommended in this thread, Russ. big_smile

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Went to see the show on Friday night and there's not much I can say that hasn't already been said.  It is an experience for sure, and I would certainly recommend.  The music itself is so great, but the added artistry and storylines enhance it that much more.

I will say though, it's tough to compare it to other concerts because it's unlike any other concert.  And to be honest, I prefer other concerts, as far as going and just rocking out.  This show, I felt reserved.  Sat down the whole time, barely sang along.  It was just a different experience, and I think I prefer acting like a drunken idiot at concerts on the whole.

Aside from that though, no complaints.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

Buying my tickets tomorrow once I activate my new card! Got my party set up and we are going to hit some good food in China town before we head to the Verizon Center show! So siked!

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

Yeah the DC show isn't till next Thursday night! Going to get my mind blown by THE WALL!! Then after the show got to get some sleep cause my classes are going to be the following morning. So totally worth it though! After next Friday, feel free to post any spoilers or any other details you want. I will post my reactions whenever I'm free next Friday.

Me_Wise_Magic

Purchased the tickets for next Thursday night! The problem was a had to spend a little extra because someone bought out all the cheap seats at the last minute when the price seating was just fine for me when I checked yesterday to be safe and FUCK TICKETMASTER AND LIVE NATION! 17 So I used the DC box office website and found some good seats for me, my friend, and her bf. They are going to pay me back some of the money for their seats which is great! I know I'm going to have an amazing time and since it's Roger's last show performing any material from Pink Floyd I decided to go for it. Comments from my experience will be posted a day after the concert whenever I'm done with class.

Board footer