You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: 11-21-2012 The Joint, Las Vegas (Being filmed in 3D)

Neemo wrote:

Told u guys to not get excited...like I said if u don'tplan on releasing it the stfu, they've been filming stuff since 2002, and no official live releases yet!

So I see "we're filming this show!", I say "Congratulations u have cameras, welcome.to.the 21st.century"

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Oh come on... FUCK RIGHT OFF with this BULLSHIT.

The band announced themselves that THE SHOW WOULD BE FILMED IN 3D.... why film in 3D if you have no plans to doing anything with it???

Jarmo posted this response:

The only explanation I can come up with is that somebody went ahead and created a Facebook page a bit too soon.
Don't promote something when there's no release date confirmed by the band!

Yeah, because promotion for an upcoming product is such a BAD thing ain't it.... 10

It's 2012, and the whole mysterious "will they or won't they" bullshit doesn't work anymore. Fuck, even if it's not coming out for another 6 months, surely there is no harm in hyping the product NOW.

Only in the land of GN'R would this continue happen... 17

Beyond lameness, but in Jarmo's defense -- he's a "White House Spokesman" for GN'R at this point. Everything he says is political, with a slight edge, and ALOT OF BIAS.

He lost credibility years ago and there's no reason to take a thing he says seriously. He didn't even know the band confirmed it ages ago, or he plum forgot because there's so much "on and off" bullshit with this band releasing stuff, that he can't keep track of it anymore. None of us can.

And i'm sure, somehow it'll be someone else's fault. 14

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Ali wrote:

Was there ever an official confirmation of this show's recording being released on home video, Blu-ray, 2D, 3D, etc.?

Ali

Well, not really a confirmation with a releasedate. But they did officially say they were taping the show in 3D.

In every other setting with any other band, when you give this kind of information straight to your fans, it means "buckle up bitches, something wicked your way comes!"

@gunsnroses: #GNRIndia Tour 2012 is going 3D balistic! Who's comin to get somethin that they haven't had yet? http://bit.ly/QTP8wF  pic.twitter.com/L02jbtdm

@gunsnroses: The happiest place in the world. 3 shows left. Tonight's a special 3D taping @TheJointLV be here http://bit.ly/RgYpzB  pic.twitter.com/GWfuFYxe

metallex78 wrote:

The band announced themselves that THE SHOW WOULD BE FILMED IN 3D.... why film in 3D if you have no plans to doing anything with it???

The only explanation I can come up with is that somebody went ahead and created a Facebook page a bit too soon.

Yeah, because promotion for an upcoming product is such a BAD thing ain't it.... 10

It's 2012, and the whole mysterious "will they or won't they" bullshit doesn't work anymore. Fuck, even if it's not coming out for another 6 months, surely there is no harm in hyping the product NOW.

Yeah, it's kinda sad.

Seems like they want NOBODY promoting this thing just in case it all falls apart. Then they can always fall back on the good old excuse "well, WE never mentioned anything about a releasedate."

That fb-page was prolly shut down because I saw the guys producing it starting to post "coming real soon", or something like that. And you can't really blame them for thinking that. They are prolly used to that when they get hired to produce this kind of stuff and they know they are close to wrapping up the edeting, the ball starts rolling.
neutral

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

It was filmed for Axl's private purposes. He'd have loved to watch a 3D GN'R show in his living room. It's never meant to be released, his loved ones tried to surprise him. Axl didn't know about the show being filmed.

But Perla stole that tape, Duff and Matt made the trailer and Steven uploaded it. Of course, the evil mastermind behind all, was Slash. Needless to say. He, Stephanie Seymour and Victoria Hamilton.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Beyond lameness, but in Jarmo's defense -- he's a "White House Spokesman" for GN'R at this point. Everything he says is political, with a slight edge, and ALOT OF BIAS.

He lost credibility years ago and there's no reason to take a thing he says seriously. He didn't even know the band confirmed it ages ago, or he plum forgot because there's so much "on and off" bullshit with this band releasing stuff, that he can't keep track of it anymore. None of us can.

And i'm sure, somehow it'll be someone else's fault. 14

Haha! Jarmo is the Ari Fleischer of GN'R. 16

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I'm more pissed at Jarmo's comments, that he thinks us to be complete idiots for expecting something like a Bluray or cinematic release from Guns N' Roses telling us that they're filming in 3D.

"Yes, of course we told you we're recording in 3D, but how stupid and foolish of you fans to assume that something will come from that!"

17 17 17

Joking aside, I think what Mikka wrote about Axl wanting this 3D concert filming just for himself, scarily doesn't sound too far from the truth... 10

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Naltav wrote:
Ali wrote:

Was there ever an official confirmation of this show's recording being released on home video, Blu-ray, 2D, 3D, etc.?

Ali

Well, not really a confirmation with a releasedate. But they did officially say they were taping the show in 3D.

In every other setting with any other band, when you give this kind of information straight to your fans, it means "buckle up bitches, something wicked your way comes!"

@gunsnroses: #GNRIndia Tour 2012 is going 3D balistic! Who's comin to get somethin that they haven't had yet? http://bit.ly/QTP8wF  pic.twitter.com/L02jbtdm

@gunsnroses: The happiest place in the world. 3 shows left. Tonight's a special 3D taping @TheJointLV be here http://bit.ly/RgYpzB  pic.twitter.com/GWfuFYxe

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, it's kinda sad.

Seems like they want NOBODY promoting this thing just in case it all falls apart. Then they can always fall back on the good old excuse "well, WE never mentioned anything about a releasedate."

That fb-page was prolly shut down because I saw the guys producing it starting to post "coming real soon", or something like that. And you can't really blame them for thinking that. They are prolly used to that when they get hired to produce this kind of stuff and they know they are close to wrapping up the edeting, the ball starts rolling.
neutral

Thank you.  That's exactly why I was asking. I honestly forgot about that tweet from the official GN'R Twitter.

Hopefully, this project will continue and when it's ready, a release will be announced.  We shall see.

Ali

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

^ GOT ME....but it's telling that that genuinely shocked me wink

I guess what I'm saying is....I'm warming myself up to listen to "it was never planned officially" as the reason it vanished....and it gets thinner each time....

like this: http://villagecinemas.com.au/Movies/Gun … -Arena.htm

Read that publicist style blurb, watch that expensive proshot trailer...take a moment to absorb how cool it all looks....and then remind ourselves that apparently it was never official or whatever....because cinema chains often decide to promote things on speculation....

I don't mean this insultingly to you Ali...but here's what puzzles me in a nutshull....I see you as a guy who tends to apologise for the band when these sorts of things happen...but what gets me about it...surely if you'll stick up for them in nearly any circumstance you must be a hardcore fan of the music like i am...so surely it must grate you as much as it does everyone else?

Surely one day you too will tire of the way things are managed. Or do you have limitless patience?

I love Axl and the guys and their music, but I really get sick of the way almost every opportunity is squandered, and/or management seem to screw up PR stuff over and over again.

I don't know what happened with the London O2 show release in theaters.  I never said anything about THAT show's release in theaters being unofficial.  I wasn't planning on attending the theater release.  If you were, I'm sorry that it fell through for you.

As far this Las Vegas show, perhaps Jarmo is right.  Perhaps the FB page was pulled because the video is not done, a release has not been confirmed with a set date, etc.  I don't know, but it's possible.

As far as I go, sure it grates on me sometimes.  But, I learned a long time ago that there is absolutely nothing I can do about DVDs/Blu-rays being released, music being recorded and released, more communication from the band, etc.  Absolutely and completely out of my hands.  So, I had an epiphany a while back that there is no sense in lamenting on these message boards and I'm better suited by just letting go of concerns over which I have no power.  That only causes frustration for me.  Frustration without the power to enact any change that would diminish that frustration seems like a no-win situation to me.

Honestly, I feel that if the complaints of the online fanbase, whatever fraction of the overall fanbase that we may make up, had the power to enact change, then we would've gotten Chinese Democracy sooner than in late 2008. 

So, I just let go.  I hope to get new music someday.  If I do, I'll be thrilled.  If I don't, I'll continue to enjoy the live shows because I always have an amazing time at a GN'R show.  If no more shows were to occur, I'll always have many wonderful memories from GN'R shows over the past 20+ years.

Ali

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Let's not forget the Izzy/London O2 show was originally supposed to be a PPV on the website that was suddenly cancelled at the last minute with no explanation AT ALL.

So it was a PPV cancellation before it was a theater cancellation before it was a Bluray cancellation, etc.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Alright that's a hilarious way to look at it. Plus, I got to give you the Number of the Beast! Win/win!

Board footer