You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: American Horror Story

smoke wrote:

I also read that the girl who played Violet in S1 will be back.

What the fuck they didn't mention Evan as a strong player in that article. He was incredible this season and even had some great lines in Season 1. 17 Him, Frances,  Zack, Jessica, Sarah, and Lily are the true gems of the show that keep it together.  How any of those actors & actresses can transition into the exact opposite of who they were is beyond amazing. I can't wait to see the setting and theme for Season 3 and hope for many more in the future. Yeah..I heard that as well. Hope they do some great things with her new character. I look back at having Season 1 only her and Vivien to root for in the end which is what Murphy wanted from the audience I guess.  Hell..even Dylan stepped up and his character was better and portrayed stronger emotion especially in that finale. I could hear the pain and anger and that brought chills. Lily was so much fun to watch on screen in her role and she improved over her small role last year. Jessica, Evan, and Sarah can keep doing what they're doing.  I do hope they bring back Chloe or Lizzie this season since Chloe's time ended too soon  in Asylum. Lizzie was fantastic and had great chemistry with the cast. They seemed to be enjoying themselves a ton in Asylum and want that energy to keep moving forward later on this year.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I read Evan will have a big part next season, probably back to being his psychopath self.

Okay, I had about five episodes on my DVR that I just finished watching. I think this entire season was so much better than the first, but the ending left me a bit cold. Probably because I always looked at Lana as a quasi-villain, or maybe I just didnt' like her. I was actually rooting for Bloodyface Jr. to take her head off. smile

I think I would have really appreciated seeing the modern day asylum filled with ghosts. And that final episode seemed a bit rushed. We find out Pepper (they never explained her alien nanny character) died in a conversation. We never understood the Alien thing anyway. Plus, I was anticipating a bigger end for Jude. Kit, even though I'm happy he had a good life, I wish there was something else, or at least, more time spent with him. I loved the season, but a little depressed over that last episode.

Me_Wise_Magic

I can see where you're coming from. For alot of people it was hit or miss. Finales for a 13 episode arc for a show like this are going to be hard to pull off due to many characters and plot lines that come up. I personally was emotionally satisfied and felt touched by most of the characters ends when the finale came around. Yeah Lana was a bitch. Felt extremely sympathetic for Johnny especially some of those line executions and power into those hurt feelings that drove him to madness. Discovering the truth and having to have that chip on your shoulder. Dylan brought great delivery with only little screen time. I personally enjoyed Evan's performance this season even better than the first to an extent. His role was quite good last season especially in the Halloween episodes. I'm glad he can play both good & bad character roles and work with them. I do hope they bring Lizzie back. I actually thought this finale and this series was much better than last's. So I agree with you on that. I just cared more about the characters. Zack Quinto is always great at being the villain. The supporting cast & alumni gelled really well with what they had to work out with especially Dylan and Frances.  Left more out there to think about. I know aliens weren't fully addressed or answered; but hey I think Kit is an much happier place where he belongs instead of being in pain. I guess that's what you could take out of it. Having the aliens help him by giving him wonderful offspring and taking him away to someplace out there (...on their spaceship, whatever lol) after going through all that chaos in the Asylum, the Bloody Face accusations, and the deaths of his previous wives/love interests. Alot of time went by. I thought Jude's exit with Death and before that with Kit's kids was quite heartwarming. That's what I came out of it after watching the finale a few times for each season storyline so far. cool

Me_Wise_Magic

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/16/ … 7978000014

More details on Season 3. It will be called AHS: Coven. May contain witches and some glam thrown in there. Kathie Bates is one of the main leads coming in. Hopefully it keeps the forward momentum going! smile Now release Asylum on DVD/Bluray, already.

Me_Wise_Magic

http://screenrant.com/american-horror-s … ey-sidibe/

Some new star talent thrown into the mix. I've seen some cameos of hers in recent TV and film. I think she's hilarious and has great acting chops. Would love to see where she is going to be in with the rest of the AHS family.

misterID

misterID wrote:

sounds good to me, thanks for posting that.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

No problem guys! Happy to provide info. Glad you guys are excited as I am. I'm liking that they are always changing things up abit in this show every season. Keeping it fresh and interesting. Loved Season 1&2, and I know this season is going to be a ton of fun to watch. I want this to top both seasons. Especially with the new cast members and ideas.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I didn't think I'd like the idea of changing characters/story and settings each season, but I really love this approach. It only works because they're using the same core characters.

Me_Wise_Magic

Agreed. I think it was either Murphy or one of the other producers that wanted to expand the AHS name by doing graphic comic book novels done by professional publishers like Dark Horse or maybe something like that. Of course be a different story from the one being shown on TV at the time. Hoping to get a AHS shirt online since I missed out on it being sold in stores during last fall and they weren't in my particular size.  He wants the American Horror Story show itself to carry on with new themes, horrors, and characters for many years. If it lasts that long depending on if Season 3: Coven and later ones are even greater feats, then bring it on. Especially since there isn't a whole lot of variety like it out there at the moment and eventually they are going to run into copy cats. Like what Jamie Foxx is doing for SyFy. The only thing for Coven is that let another person step out and be the star. Even though the stars last year were quite compelling and transcended what they were given with Murder House & Asylum.

Board footer