You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Rimov
 Rep: 10 

Re: Slash in Moscow, 16th, Feb 2013

Rimov wrote:

Can't wait upcoming Slash's show in Moscow, already bought tickets, this Saturday should be fantactic for me and my friends.

Here i will post any interesting things about Slash in Moscow 2013, and short review after the gig.

By the way, I impress with the fact that WTTJ became part of encore in each show of European tpur 2013, it's amazing with Todd's vocal, much better then Axl singing for the moment.

What i really would like to hear is We All Gonna Die, with Todd's vocal it's also brillant. But during this year's concerts  they not played it...

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Cool mate hope ya have a good night

Rimov

Rimov wrote:

One day before the show... Moscow in living as usual.  The only ads i have noted was announce on the Rock FM radio station... No any show bills, very few and very short articles in newspapers. Tickets is still on sale, except of VIP. Cost is about $70, for VIP it was about $170.

Capacity of venue is about 3500 persons.... Several days ago there was a HUGE crown in provincial Poland's town Katovize... 10 000 - 12 000 at leas. Sorry, but in the Russian capital audience will be in several times less .

Anyway, i sure that all who will visit Arena Moscow will enjoyed!

Will keep in touch.

Rimov

Rimov wrote:

Sorry guys for the delay with the review which I promised by myself.  Finally, here it is.

In several hours before the show Slash twittered about his suggestion of a “intensive gig”. I should tell that the gif was MORE THEN INTENS IVE.

It seems that Slash consider Russian shows as something special, so he shake up set list. I do not know how it could be, but all expectation for the songs which me and my mates would like to here was satisfied.

Personally my most desired songs was WE ALL GONNA DIE which is quite rare on this tour, and not played earlier in 2013. Twice I re-tweeted  to Slash my asking to “let Todd to sing WE ALL GONNA DIE”, and they really  play it! I would like to think that it was really because of my asking… Let’s suggest that Slash told to the band something like “someone from Russian fans reminds us about this fucking song….Todd, why not to sing this instead of Doctor Alibi”? By the way, on the St-Pet gig one day later, Todd sings his usual song.

Another wishes from my friends was “Civil War”, “Serial Killer” and “Bad Rain”. All this songs are not playing in each show, but there was in on Moscow gig!

The venue was more than full; I could estimate that number of people was even more then on GNR in 2012, when the venue was more spacious. It need taken in mind that there was 2 shows of GNR, but anyway, with very poor advertizing crowd was serious.

There was no any video screens, any pyro or fire, no additional lights, like on GNR show, but energy was extremely high. I should tell that new songs of Slash was more recognized by crowd then GNR songs from CD.  Sound was much very good and mush better that on GNR, where sound was absolutely terrible.

Myles starts very good, like real rock hero, but in the end of shoe he became too soft. No questions about his vocal (I not like his manner, but he sing clear) but his behavior sometime is not according with music. That’s why Todd sing all charismatic song like Out ta Get me or WTTJ or We all Gonna Die of Doctor Alibi…

Interesting that in this European leg of tour Slash cut all his special solos and leave only big solo in Rocket Queen, absolutely amazing. All other solos was the same as in album versions.

Finally one day after the Moscow show Slash had a tweet about possible Russian tour next spring. Good idea!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Great review mate!!!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Great review and so glad you got all those songs....I was thinking "we're all going to die" was a long shot to ask for! wink

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Good one mate \m/

Rimov

Rimov wrote:

Here is Moscow performance of We All Gonna Die, amazing IMHO

And here is the same song some days after in Helsinki with Michael Monroe, then - cover of Steppenwolf

I not suggest any other perfomances WAGD at this leg of the  tour

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

This song fucking slays!!!!!  This is probably the most rocking Myles can get..  Slash's feel and tone on this song is pure balls and power.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I love how Myles grabs his guitar and plays on WTTJ!!!!!  Remove Todd, and they fucking NAIL this instrumental.. Killer!!!!

Board footer