You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Re: Thoughts on this? (Alleged Zodiac clip)

Son of a Gun wrote:

It has " fake" written all over it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

Sorry guys, I hate to disagree but I really can't see how the word 'Zodiac' could be cut and pasted together from the multitracks (or elsewhere) whilst maintaining the level of multi layering so evident in much of Axl's studio tracks.

I admit my desire for new music may be clouding my judgment but I just got a good feeling about this one. I remember when nemus leaked Madagascar and evening thought it was BS. So the Soulmonster guy has a bit of a history.

Maybe he got lucky this time. He does, after all, have (or had) a copy of the Grenade version of Chinese.

I'm hearing "Zodiac took me, Zodiac took you".

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I dunno. But I do dig that piano melody. It's Axl but can't really make it out. Could be either way I say.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

Sorry guys, I hate to disagree but I really can't see how the word 'Zodiac' could be cut and pasted together from the multitracks (or elsewhere) whilst maintaining the level of multi layering so evident in much of Axl's studio tracks.

I admit my desire for new music may be clouding my judgment but I just got a good feeling about this one. I remember when nemus leaked Madagascar and evening thought it was BS. So the Soulmonster guy has a bit of a history.

Maybe he got lucky this time. He does, after all, have (or had) a copy of the Grenade version of Chinese.

Pick any "So" of ANY song on chinese democracy. Mix it as a fade in. There's your Zo and that's exactly what's on the track, by the way.

The "Di" is cutting any "the" and "is", pasting them together, mixing and putting a strong fade out on the is. They took this part out of Catcher, by the way. Also, you're really think that Axl would sing a single word changing tone by syllable? Take the "the" and "is" or even a "this" from Catcher. mix them together and you'll even notice the tones differ, like they do on this track.

The "ac" out of Zodiac was the most dissicult part to find and I'm not quite sure where it came from, if from the "back" of Madagascar or from another song.

I really don't have the time to look into the piano, but sounds to me as something inverted and sped up.

And yes, your desire for new music *IS* clouding your judgment. This is a complete different beast from Blood In the Water which, by the way, I know people tried and were able to, reverting some syllables out of some songs, spell "Blood In the Water' using the mixes we had. Only the melodies sounded off, which kinda proves that the vocal track for that particular song is somewhere somehow.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
otto wrote:

It's fake. It's vocal parts cut and pasted, probably extracted from the multi tracks..

I can come up with a fake part like that in 30 minutes and still sound like a new track (with Axl "vocals" on it).

WELL THEN WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?? 16

I don't want to be arrested for leaking songs that do not exist! 16

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
otto wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

Pick any "So" of ANY song on chinese democracy. Mix it as a fade in. There's your Zo and that's exactly what's on the track, by the way.

The "Di" is cutting any "the" and "is", pasting them together, mixing and putting a strong fade out on the is. They took this part out of Catcher, by the way. Also, you're really think that Axl would sing a single word changing tone by syllable? Take the "the" and "is" or even a "this" from Catcher. mix them together and you'll even notice the tones differ, like they do on this track.

The "ac" out of Zodiac was the most dissicult part to find and I'm not quite sure where it came from, if from the "back" of Madagascar or from another song.

I really don't have the time to look into the piano, but sounds to me as something inverted and sped up.

And yes, your desire for new music *IS* clouding your judgment. This is a complete different beast from Blood In the Water which, by the way, I know people tried and were able to, reverting some syllables out of some songs, spell "Blood In the Water' using the mixes we had. Only the melodies sounded off, which kinda proves that the vocal track for that particular song is somewhere somehow.

I agree pretty much, I always thought the Blood in the Water vocals were spliced, and with this one I believe the word Zodiac is spoken by a seperate entity from fuck knows where and random Axl syllables from the CD mogg files are spliced underneath the word Zodiac.

The piano is nice though, would love to know where it comes from.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:
otto wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

Aaaaaand hopes crushed.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

No kidding! Otto, that was a sound thrashing, but well explained. smile

Board footer