You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: L.A. Guns release new video "Speed"

James wrote:

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

[/embed]

Pretty cool...just curious...who all is an original member?

James

James wrote:

Technically just Traci. While Phil was the singer on their debut album, he's not the original singer....Paul Black was.

Funny thing about this LA Guns reunion is that its almost identical to the GNR reunion but on a tiny scale. This current LA Guns lineup is just a merging of two LA Guns lineups and without a couple of the classic members.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Technically just Traci. While Phil was the singer on their debut album, he's not the original singer....Paul Black was.

Funny thing about this LA Guns reunion is that its almost identical to the GNR reunion but on a tiny scale. This current LA Guns lineup is just a merging of two LA Guns lineups and without a couple of the classic members.

Even at their highest heights...they only had a couple radio hits, am I right?

In Chicago, we have this place called Reggie's on the near southside of Chicago. It's a kinda rough neighborhood but it's an awesome place.

My buddy went there on a whim one night and Tracii Gunns' band is playing to seven people in a venue that could hold hundreds. He said it was so awesome and they were so good....but 7 fuking people?

I felt bad for him.

James

James wrote:

Funny shit. Traci's lineups in the 2000s have been incredibly sad. About 7-8 years ago, he got some female singer reject from some talent show to front his version of LA Guns. The novelty of it probably warranted a buzz but it was like your buddy said....playing to 10 people at pizza parlors. They traveled in some beat up van and fought 24/7. She bailed and mocked the whole thing.

The version with Phil singing got better crowds but not much. Having 2 different lineups touring at the same time is pathetic, waters down the product, and is ripping off their own small fan base.

It was a smart move to merge lineups, label it a reunion, and go after the remaining fans. They're doing club tours and so far its considered successful.

LA Guns debut album is considered by quiet a few rock fans as being on par with AFD but simply didn't catch on. I'd disagree but it certainly deserved more attention than it got. They got big with Cocked and Loaded....this was the big hit....

My favorite song....

A couple other minor hits...

Grunge wiped them off the pop culture map and that vid above their last hit. I've never heard any of the albums after that(91-92).

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

That new song Speed, sounds pretty good instrumentally, but my god, that vocalist is terrible. Is that the best guy they could find...?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Funny shit. Traci's lineups in the 2000s have been incredibly sad. About 7-8 years ago, he got some female singer reject from some talent show to front his version of LA Guns. The novelty of it probably warranted a buzz but it was like your buddy said....playing to 10 people at pizza parlors. They traveled in some beat up van and fought 24/7. She bailed and mocked the whole thing.

The version with Phil singing got better crowds but not much. Having 2 different lineups touring at the same time is pathetic, waters down the product, and is ripping off their own small fan base.

It was a smart move to merge lineups, label it a reunion, and go after the remaining fans. They're doing club tours and so far its considered successful.

LA Guns debut album is considered by quiet a few rock fans as being on par with AFD but simply didn't catch on. I'd disagree but it certainly deserved more attention than it got. They got big with Cocked and Loaded....this was the big hit....

My favorite song....

Grunge wiped them off the pop culture map and that vid above their last hit. I've never heard any of the albums after that(91-92).

In the ballad of Jane video, Tracii is playing a left handed guitar upside down, lol... He is a right handed player lol.  Lefties have to do that some because it is hard to find left handed guitars.. I thought it was funny.  He was doing it Jimi Hendrix style.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I'm not familiar with LA Guns, but that Ballad of Jayne, was just terrible. The band looks like a bunch of bad Nikki Sixx impersonators, trying to copy the November Rain video style.... And like SG just said, that upside down Fender looks dumb... what is the point of that? Just use a right hand guitar

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I'm not familiar with LA Guns, but that Ballad of Jayne, was just terrible. The band looks like a bunch of bad Nikki Sixx impersonators, trying to copy the November Rain video style.... And like SG just said, that upside down Fender looks dumb... what is the point of that? Just use a right hand guitar

I actually like Ballad of Jane and Never Enough. However never enough sounds a lot like this song in the chorus.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

My favorite song....

In the ballad of Jane video, Tracii is playing a left handed guitar upside down, lol... He is a right handed player lol.  Lefties have to do that some because it is hard to find left handed guitars.. I thought it was funny.  He was doing it Jimi Hendrix style.

Thanks for posting all these James! I will partake!

Board footer