You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

johndivney wrote:

Better episode of friends reunited. At least this time they sat around talking for a bit. Usually the scenes are truncated with 7/8 lines of over earnest dialogue and meaningful stares. This time we got Tormunds origin story.
Still a lot of padding, unsullied guy and one who used to be in hollyoaks. Hound and Beric.

Like how Bran just nopes out of going to the crypt but doesnt warn anyone else off it. Crypt being safest place to be got mentioned like 8 or 9 times. Maybe th zombie starks will rise to protect those people.. maybe theyll eat them. Gilly looks like shes put on a few pounds.
Brienne is dead as fuck now. So too that unsullied guy. Take your pick from who else.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

One of the best episodes in GOT history. The dialogue was off the charts. A farewell to many characters we love.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Fucking loved it. Amazing episode. Arya getting naked just felt off.

I’m hoping the dead Stark kings rise to defend everyone, but they could just as easily be used a fodder. Over 8k years of dead Starks down there.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I feel like everyone is out of character now

I also have a feeling we will have 3 episodes of battles then all the ends neatly tying up in episode 6

The problem with setup and hang-out episodes...there is only 6 episodes this season and alot of plot to resolve...what are they waiting for?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I feel like everyone is out of character now

I also have a feeling we will have 3 episodes of battles then all the ends neatly tying up in episode 6

The problem with setup and hang-out episodes...there is only 6 episodes this season and alot of plot to resolve...what are they waiting for?

Ummm, there are people at the other end of the swords. This show is just about battles and shit. It is about people. The fire side chat was so damn glorious. Having Brienne get Knighted, Sam giving his sword to Jorah, Jon telling Dany who he was, Bran and Tryion having a talk, Brienne saving Jamie’s ass, Sansa having a talk with Dany (Sansa is a dark horse for the Iron Throne), it was all great.

I was fine with the sex scene. Arya has a great lil bod.

It’s like they have a GOT dream team located at Westeros prepping for a battle to save mankind. Outstanding episode.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

It was so good. I dig all of these reunions and discussions and stuff. We have to spend a little extra time with these characters now to make their death sting just that much more.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

It was so good. I dig all of these reunions and discussions and stuff. We have to spend a little extra time with these characters now to make their death sting just that much more.

Not everyone has to the ability to realize they are watching a masterpiece of brilliant art in cinematic history. You, myself, and Flagg are blessed with this gift. Last night was incredible.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I've really enjoyed both episodes.  I admit that other than the fantasy aspect of it, it was the boobies that got me to watch the beginning of the series (the show was 3 seasons in at that point I believe)...but it was the characters that got me hooked.  That doesn't mean that I liked all of them, but they all had unique characteristics that made them interesting.   Yes, some of it got a bit out of control once they ran out of book material and like Star Wars I don't agree with all of the decisions they made, I've still enjoyed it immensely.  I am not a big fan of the violence, so I don't think I'm going to like that aspect of this episode; having said that I think it's going to be fantastically done and almost anything can and will happen.  Key people will die.  People you think will die won't (yet).  What will be interesting is what happens to the key players when they die...as Luke said nobody is really gone.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Not everyone has to the ability to realize they are watching a masterpiece of brilliant art in cinematic history. You, myself, and Flagg are blessed with this gift. Last night was incredible.

I haven't been this "all in" on a series since Breaking Bad, and I know people have mixed feelings about that series, but I thought it was one of the best things ever put on film.

Board footer