You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: New Brain Interview on Buckethead (including Tom Zuzat)

AtariLegend wrote:

At least I think it's new. I don't know the story, but some of it at least involves GNR, which why it's in this section.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

I’ve listened to a lot of BH / Brain stuff so will have to check this out when I have some spare time.

I’ll write up notes if someone else doesn’t beat me to the punch.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Haven’t listened to it this so guilty as charged if I’m wrong, but the recent interviews with people who were involved with GnR decades ago have given nothing new or noteworthy. Fortus and Freese come to mind immediately.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The Fortus interview was pretty good.... essentially admitted that new GNR wasn't a real band....the so called "haters" had been mocked for years saying the same thing.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
James wrote:

The Fortus interview was pretty good.... essentially admitted that new GNR wasn't a real band....the so called "haters" had been mocked for years saying the same thing.

I think Nu Gnr or whatever stopped being a band when they never followed up OMG in 99 or whatever.  That, to me, was kinda the end of Guns. You could maybe make a case for 06-07 with Robin & touring, Hammerstein etc. But to me, that became almost a rehash, or at least, it became it once Ashba & Bumblefoot were onstage at the same time. CD was ok, but it failed to live up to 17 years of hype.

Board footer