You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Chris Cornell - No One Sings Like You Anymore Vol. 1

James wrote:

Another round of lawsuits....

This is ridiculous. They're going to drag this out for so long that no one will care about that final album.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

I trust the remaining SG members over this woman all day, every day and twice on Sundays.

Happily married men don't hang themselves. Have a listen to the general theme of his last album 'Higher truth'. She's a cancer reaming his legacy with little to no regard for his children, legacy and fans.

James

James wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

I trust the remaining SG members over this woman all day, every day and twice on Sundays.

Happily married men don't hang themselves. Have a listen to the general theme of his last album 'Higher truth'. She's a cancer reaming his legacy with little to no regard for his children, legacy and fans.

Yeah she was a parasite. Her mother was/is supposedly just as bad.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the last thing he did before hanging himself was talk to her on the phone.

He had went through a first shitty marriage and divorce with his first wife and the thought of going through that all over again was probably too much to deal with.

He was amazing but he had shitty taste in women. He should've stayed single.

Their story, what little I know of it, is terrible..
He met her right after coming out of a drug haze. Thought she was God's gift...couldn't live without her...has her move in with him, and she quickly turns into a money hungry diva.

I have a feeling that the only reason he lasted as long as he did is he kept himself busy with projects and touring.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Wow, didn't know this but I've been seeing her/them in various news reports (FB, Yahoo etc) and couldn't piece it all together. I don't read the articles, come off like gossip and hard to imagine it resorted to this, especially so quickly. I think you're right tho, her being difficult seems the likely scenario, those 3 guys all seemed so chill.

Ashame this happened to Chris, not saying you're 'last night' thing is completely true or why he did it (could've been pushed over the edge in a vulnerable time, being on tour, away from the kids too much, potentially losing custody as a result) but yeah I think maybe this was a toxic relationship.  Funny, compared to all the glam of the 80s, Chris & Eddie Vedder seemed like they would find suitable marraiges &/or relationships.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

I just discovered a live version of "Like A Stone" that was a bonus for their 2nd album.

Amazing performance, amazing voice.

I'm not much of a fan of non-Audioslave Cornell but the dude was just an incredibly talented guy.

R.I.P.

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

Good news - hope the remaining members get to do what Kim said in a previous interview - flesh their parts out , record in proper studio etc and it’s not just released as a pile of demos

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi … 10236/amp/

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

I really hope this approach is taken with the isolated vocals extracted and not just the raw demos released. From Kim:

“It is entirely possible, because that’s what we were doing… We definitely have another record in us. Stuff that’s written, stuff that’s demoed and recorded – certainly. All it would need is to take the audio files that are available. I’d tighten up the guitar stuff that’s on there, add other stuff. Ben [Shepherd] does the bass. Matt [Cameron] is able to get the drums he wants. We can get the producers we want to make it sound like a Soundgarden record. And yes, we can totally do that.”

James

James wrote:

Another thing that can easily help flesh this out into a full length album is they held back a portion of unheard demos from the old days. They should've been added to Echo of Miles...now maybe it's a good thing they didn't.

Summation
Beast
Ocean Fronts
Open Up
Dirty Candy
No Shame

jimmythegent wrote:

I really hope this approach is taken with the isolated vocals extracted and not just the raw demos released.

If they have to...Peter Jackson could help with this. He used some crazy technology to clean up some old Beatles songs.

I'm assuming the material is in better condition than early 60s Beatles music though.

The option is there if they need it. There's no reason anymore for major bands to release shit sounding songs/bootlegs.

Edit

Definitely enough for a full length album...

New songs to finish:

Road Less Travelled (Cornell/Cameron) - 4:10

Orphans (Cornell/Cameron) - 3:18

At Ophians Door (Cornell/Cameron)- 5:05

Cancer (Cornell) - 4:00

Stone Age Mind (Cornell)- 4:22

Ahead of the Dog (Cornell/Thayil) - 3:47

Mermas (Cornell/Shepherd) - 4:32

Old songs:

Summation
Beast
Ocean Fronts
Open Up
Dirty Candy
No Shame

That's an album. Finish it... quickly....and wrap it in cellophane.

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:
James wrote:

If they have to...Peter Jackson could help with this. He used some crazy technology to clean up some old Beatles songs.

I'm assuming the material is in better condition than early 60s Beatles music though.

The option is there if they need it. There's no reason anymore for major bands to release shit sounding songs/bootlegs.

I think the main thing in the legal wranglings was getting hold of the session files of the new stuff that she had possession of. Session files are multitracked - so you can easily isolate each instrument including the vocals. Cornell had a state of the art home studio so there is no concern from me that they can't complete these songs properly and have them sound state of the art - fleshing out the music around the existing vocals

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

There are unreleased Audioslave songs too

Board footer