You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: We don't really expect a new setlist do we?

metallex78 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Slash played the CD songs better than Axl sang Slither tongue

Hahahahaha

This is so damn accurate!!!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah it makes me sad.

Like I always wanted to hear the GNR guys do the VR/solo songs and how it would improve them.

But my brain needed 2006 Axl (if not 1993 Axl lol) turns out by 2017 that VR is the better band sad

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

It's Axl's own fault he chooses to sing Slither's chorus with his falsetto.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

And puts the emphasis on the wrong syllable in the verse.

Scott:"That's the spot/Where you run to me"

Axl: "That's the spot/Where you runtome"

WHY, AXL? WHY? Just sing the fucking song like Scott did, in your It's So Easy voice.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Though to be fair, I can see how Axl defaults to his falsetto in the chorus. Scott's chorus is perfectly pitched in the awkward range between the high end of Axl's low-register voice and the low end of his falsetto, and he can't really scream the chorus.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think some of the problem also is that despite those errors he's actually trying to be too faithful to them in a way....

It's like Axl trying to sing like scott would, I guess out of respect for the dead? whereas what we always wanted to hear was Axl sing them the way Axl would.

Like I want Angry 2006 Axl to get screamy in them or something...and make it his own the way GNR LALD isn't the wings version....the fun bit of GNR covers was how they made the songs GNR...

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

And puts the emphasis on the wrong syllable in the verse.

Scott:"That's the spot/Where you run to me"

Axl: "That's the spot/Where you runtome"

WHY, AXL? WHY? Just sing the fucking song like Scott did, in your It's So Easy voice.

Ahhhhh fuck, I absolutely HATE that he does that.

And to think on mygnr there are some people who defend Axl’s choice to sing that part that way, as if it has some artistic merit to it, when it really just sounds like he doesn’t know how the fuckin song goes!

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 1 

davegnfnr2k wrote:

Axl sings Slither like a person singing karaoke of a song they are hearing for the first time and is just reading the teleprompter while singing.

Haters Gonna Hate
 Rep: 1 

They mightttttt play Hard School though Axl sounded like he was going to die during that rehearsal. I could see Pretty Tied Up being played as that was also rehearsed and  not that hard too sing. Think About You too because they also rehearsed that in Miami. But no, I think the set will stay mostly the same with maybe one or two rotating UYI deep cut. One song they should play is Bad Obsession, very easy to sing but they just refuse and play So Fine instead lol.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It's been a while since I've heard it, but I don't ever remember hearing Slash butcher a new era song. Maybe he struggled on that TWAT outro? I don't know. But like how they rearranged Better's and Hard Schools intro, I can see them doing the same to the others. I'd really love to hear Slash's take on Atlas Shrugged and State of Grace.

Board footer