You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Re: UYI Box tracklist unveiled?

Blackstar wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I thought both Erin and Stephanie joined forces to take Axl to court over what he supposedly did to them both. I didn’t know Erin was ever on Axl’s side after they split up.

It's a bit weird, yes.

Erin was subpoenaed for Stephanie's case, so she was kind of dragged into it. But then she filed her own lawsuit and she - or at least her legal team - seemed to seek publicity, apparently as a way to get a good out of court settlement (whereas, on the other hand, Stephanie's side supposedly didn't want any kind of publicity). Erin's lawyers issued a press release and set up a press conference, and then hired a high profile PR guy who arranged the interview in People Magazine and made sure it would make the cover. There were no more interviews and press releases after that, though, and both cases were quietly settled out of court (until Spin and Rolling Stone dug up the court documents/depositions in 1999 and 2000).

It's unknown what (if anything) happened in the following years until Erin showed up at the GN'R show in Atlanta in 2011. In 2012 she seconded Axl's C&D letter against a photographer who was about to exhibit a picture of a "hate message" that Axl had supposedly spray-painted on Erin's garage door in the early '90s. And later she implied in conversations with fans on social media that she had been used by Stephanie (I haven't read those comments myself, as she has now shut down her social media or made her accounts private).

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

When it was rumoured that Erin was at the show, I always hoped for Axl’s sake, that he and Erin could have gotten back together, or at least made peace.

I think that may have helped Axl greatly from how heartbroken he was from Stephanie.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
Blackstar wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I thought both Erin and Stephanie joined forces to take Axl to court over what he supposedly did to them both. I didn’t know Erin was ever on Axl’s side after they split up.

It's unknown what (if anything) happened in the following years until Erin showed up at the GN'R show in Atlanta in 2011. In 2012 she seconded Axl's C&D letter against a photographer who was about to exhibit a picture of a "hate message" that Axl had supposedly spray-painted on Erin's garage door in the early '90s. And later she implied in conversations with fans on social media that she had been used by Stephanie (I haven't read those comments myself, as she has now shut down her social media or made her accounts private).

I remember that picture 48028-eight.jpg

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

2016 Axl was good on LALD…

It's pretty close to 2002. He also did his longest Jungle scream since 2006 that year.

Makes me think he can still sing pretty decent when he wants to. If he can preserve much of his power from 2002 to 2016, how credible is it that he lost most of his voice in the last 5 years? With AC/DC he sang better than he's done since the 90s.

Probably can't sustain it long which is why we don't see it live, but maybe a studio recording.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:
Aussie wrote:
Blackstar wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I remember that picture https://a.scpr.org/i/bab3c60e2a5f1c30ca … -eight.jpg

Holy shit, we always knew he could be a crazy basterd but shit man..

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:

I have doubts that Axl wrote it. It doesn't look like his handwriting style at all as we know it from notes, letters, lyrics, etc.. Of course this is spray-painting, but still he has never used lowercase letters or a mix of uppercase and lowercase like this.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

They soundchecked (a bit of) Don't Damn Me!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I don’t think Axl could pull that off, but I’d love for them to play it so we could see Slash rip through all those tasty guitar parts!

Wilco
 Rep: 1 

Wilco wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

When it was rumoured that Erin was at the show, I always hoped for Axl’s sake, that he and Erin could have gotten back together, or at least made peace.

I think that may have helped Axl greatly from how heartbroken he was from Stephanie.

Beta would never allow that. As long as Beta and Fernando are in Axl’s life, he will never have another significant romantic relationship. He will never have children. These would be a threat to the Lebeis’ inheritance. I can almost guarantee Beta has probably (without Axl knowing) sabotaged relationships that got **too** serious for her liking since 1994. It’s too risky to her and her kids’ position for Axl to have a real family.

Board footer