You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Lay Your Cards on the Line

bringbackadler wrote:

I am a Guns N Roses fan.   21

bba

more accurately, you are fan of what Guns N' Roses WAS (past tense)
http://www.chopaway.com/rov2/viewforum.php?id=3

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

See, most people are middle of the road-like me and you James. But, certainl people who won't come clean and answer simple questions, like to point the finger and call people nutswingers when they, in reality are the definition of nutswingers. If you are a nutswinger, be one and be one proudly, like Jim Bob....not a guy who tries to play nice on all the boards when in reality they HATE everything going on in the Gnr world. I could handle a reunion scenario like you suggest James, but I would have him do it before the age of 50...you can always do the side projects when you get really old. 16

Yeah, but a reunion before 50 would mean only getting one(or zero) albums. I would be willing to sacrifice a reunion pre-50 if it means getting to hear at least half of what is supposedly in the vault.

The reason I suggest solo and/or side projects is to allow some distance to build between CD era GNR and classic GNR. Also the demand would grow with their being something in between.

I don't remember how old the Stones were during Steel Wheels, but I'm going to assume they were in their early 50's, and the tour was a huge success(media and fan wise).

I think Axl might be able to pull off the classics at that age, although I will be the first to admit playing Jungle and Out Ta Get Me in his 50's is really pushing it. This is when alot of the UYI material would really come in handy(especially the slower songs).

madagas wrote:

See, most people are middle of the road-like me and you James. But, certain people who won't come clean and answer simple questions, like to point the finger and call people nutswingers when they, in reality are the definition of nutswingers. If you are a nutswinger, be one and be one proudly, like Jim Bob....not a guy who tries to play nice on all the boards when in reality they HATE everything going on in the Gnr world. Worst case scenario, I could handle a reunion scenario like you suggest James, but I would have him do it before the age of 50...you can always do the side projects when you get really old. 16

i wuld prefer to say I am supportive and stand behind the band regardless of what is going on because they are my fav band, Axl is my fav singer, Robin is my fav guitarist.    I dont swing from any testicles.

Robman
 Rep: 5 

Robman wrote:

1. Who broke up the old band?
Theres no way to answer this with those choices, all 3 are incorrect.

2. Do you want a reunion before Chinese Democracy-all original members only?
No

3. What is holding up Chinese Democracy?
a. Axl's perfectionism

4. If it is business matters, who is at fault?
b. Axl

5. Assume Chinese is a smashing success, after all the current material is released, would you still want a reunion of the original band?
a. Yes

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
bringbackadler wrote:

I am a Guns N Roses fan.   21

bba

more accurately, you are fan of what Guns N' Roses WAS (past tense)
http://www.chopaway.com/rov2/viewforum.php?id=3

Dude, grow up.

I can be a fan of Axl's new music without behaving like I'm in a cult. (cough..cough htgth)

I consider me and James logic similar on alot of things. Some would call it negative.... others realistic.

Some of you just choose to believe anything, and I do mean anything that you are fed.

Just like the whole making additions with new band members crap. I'm sorry but like James said, Christ himself is not going to make a difference at this point. If you choose to believe BBF and Frank are "the bomb" and are going to make some major difference...good for you........ but I'm sure most would disgree. There's a shitload of good guitar players out there, I don't think that means that they all need credits on Chinese D.

If any of you honestly believe Axl has no role in this album's hold up, I'm sorry, but yes, you are most certainly not being very logical.

bba

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

deadhorsekr9.gif

Cmon guys, lets keep the hijacking to a minimum. I have nothing against off topic discussion, but this same thing is happening in like 3 threads. This is actually a good thread where a variety of issues can be discussed and a simple quiz on what you think has caused us to be at this point.

briggsy
 Rep: 19 

briggsy wrote:

d. All of the above. It was def fate, everyone knew when the band started it could be only a matter of time before things errupted. There was tension when the band first started, just look at the numerous times each member worked with each other, and getting sick of one another and splitting again to form different bands, eventually all getting together and just putting up with each other due to the fact they all created a great vibe in a band together. They stayed together for so long because of the success they knew they could have and then they did have, eventually the tension was too much.
Also you can also throw in the fact after Izzy left more tension develpoed in the band and they never recovered. One of the final blows was Axl deciding to bring in Paul Huge for SFTD, which pissed off Slash (No I am not saying this is Axl's fault, Slash could have just eccepted it and moved on with the band, but at that point things were getting heavy...) Also, one last point, it is def hard to pin the break up of the band on any one particular member in this case, every band member had their part in the break up really.

b. No. I def want to hear Chinese Democracy with what Guns N' Roses is now, plus being a VR fan it's great having the possibility of 2 major rock bands out there for awhile. There is plenty of time to think about a reunion long after Chinese Democracy.

d. a & b. We all know the fact that Axl is a perfectionist and wants any and all of his records to be perfect in his mind. Also, no doubt there are a lot of business matters to figure out.

c. both a & b. Again we all know Axl is difficult to work with, so even if the album tracks were done and only mixing/producing needed to be done, you know Axl will hold this up (again perfection). Also, the record company is of course in charge of moving things along as smoothly as possible, and working with Axl I am sure the record company would like to put their input into the album(s).

5. Assume Chinese is a smashing success, after all the current material is released, would you still want a reunion of the original band?
a. Yes. Eventually anyway, let Axl finish the whole Chinese Democracy thing, maybe release a 2nd album with the current band and do a good few years of touring. Also, VR is a great band (and yes I know many of you guys may not like the band, but facts are facts they have 2 very well selling albums and are doing well with touring. When things start to run down a bit for both bands, or maybe during the middle while both bands may be recording new albums they can take a break and do a reunion tour.

bringbackadler

Jameslofton wrote:

http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/1024 … rsekr9.gif

Cmon guys, lets keep the hijacking to a minimum. I have nothing against off topic discussion, but this same thing is happening in like 3 threads. This is actually a good thread where a variety of issues can be discussed and a simple quiz on what you think has caused us to be at this point.

Sorry James.

I posted in another thread responding to JB before reading your request/demand.

My bust.

bba

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:

a. Axl

a. Yes

a. Axl's perfectionism or his inability to finish the job
b. Business Matters
c. Axl is not happy with the material
ALL OF THE ABOVE

a. The Record company
b. Axl

ALL OF THE ABOVE

a. Yes

Okay, here are my reasons:

1.)  Axl made the original members sign over their rights to the name or he'd not play anymore.  He threatened on many occasions to end Guns n' Roses while all the others were too spaced out of their mind to even think straight.  His reasons were they all were too fucked up to keep it together and he had to do something.  I have no problems with him doing this but I do have a problem with him making them sign stuff when they were so out of it had they been sober, they never would have done it.  It's Axl's way or the highway as we have seen my the multitude of producers who have come and gone on CD and if no one caters to Axl's needs, you won't cut the mustard.

2.)  Yes, bring on a reunion because that is the true Guns n' Roses and that is the only way every fucking idiotic thing Axl has done will make him look good again in the public eye.  You can sugar coat it all you want, but the majority of the people know Guns n' Roses as Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Matt or if you are a true gunner then Steven.  Not taking away from this new incarnation at all, but let's face it, we on the boards have waited since what 2000 for CD to be released and we've been lied to and fucked with so imagine how the current members feel.  Hell, they even (or Tommy said) that he would WELCOME a reunion of Axl was up for it (funny how that article mysteriously disappeared off of HTGTH) but I assure you it was there.

3.) Every fucking thing in life is holding up CD.  We'll never know exactly what is holding it up because the music business lies to the fans and tells us all what we want to hear and then they go silent and people speculate and shit.  But Axl's scared to release it because he is searching for that proverbial pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and there is never an end to a rainbow.

4.)  It's all about the $$$$$  Whoever thinks Axl is not in this for the $$$$ he'd get from the release of CD and all the other shit he has recorded is in serious denial.  The Record Company is also in it for the $$$$ and only when they can agree on the $$$$ aspect, just maybe we'll get a release date.

5.)  CD won't be a smashing success because it won't be released.  It's the same thing over and over again.  We get a tour, they hide.  We get an update, then it goes silent.  It's the same circle of bullshit every fucking year so I say bring back the original band and if you are going to be stuck in the 80s at least have the original members play those hits.  Again, no disrespect to the new members, but it's like when you have a fight with a friend and then start hanging around new friends and you do that to piss off the one that hurt you and then you suddenly make amends with your friends.  A reunion will happen.  It's all a matter of time and remember that is not Eastern, Pacific, Central, or Mountain time but Axl time.

bringbackadler

Abbey_Road wrote:

Okay, here are my reasons:

1.)  Axl made the original members sign over their rights to the name or he'd not play anymore.  He threatened on many occasions to end Guns n' Roses while all the others were too spaced out of their mind to even think straight.  His reasons were they all were too fucked up to keep it together and he had to do something.  I have no problems with him doing this but I do have a problem with him making them sign stuff when they were so out of it had they been sober, they never would have done it.  It's Axl's way or the highway as we have seen my the multitude of producers who have come and gone on CD and if no one caters to Axl's needs, you won't cut the mustard.

2.)  Yes, bring on a reunion because that is the true Guns n' Roses and that is the only way every fucking idiotic thing Axl has done will make him look good again in the public eye.  You can sugar coat it all you want, but the majority of the people know Guns n' Roses as Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Matt or if you are a true gunner then Steven.  Not taking away from this new incarnation at all, but let's face it, we on the boards have waited since what 2000 for CD to be released and we've been lied to and fucked with so imagine how the current members feel.  Hell, they even (or Tommy said) that he would WELCOME a reunion of Axl was up for it (funny how that article mysteriously disappeared off of HTGTH) but I assure you it was there.

3.) Every fucking thing in life is holding up CD.  We'll never know exactly what is holding it up because the music business lies to the fans and tells us all what we want to hear and then they go silent and people speculate and shit.  But Axl's scared to release it because he is searching for that proverbial pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and there is never an end to a rainbow.

4.)  It's all about the $$$$$  Whoever thinks Axl is not in this for the $$$$ he'd get from the release of CD and all the other shit he has recorded is in serious denial.  The Record Company is also in it for the $$$$ and only when they can agree on the $$$$ aspect, just maybe we'll get a release date.

5.)  CD won't be a smashing success because it won't be released.  It's the same thing over and over again.  We get a tour, they hide.  We get an update, then it goes silent.  It's the same circle of bullshit every fucking year so I say bring back the original band and if you are going to be stuck in the 80s at least have the original members play those hits.  Again, no disrespect to the new members, but it's like when you have a fight with a friend and then start hanging around new friends and you do that to piss off the one that hurt you and then you suddenly make amends with your friends.  A reunion will happen.  It's all a matter of time and remember that is not Eastern, Pacific, Central, or Mountain time but Axl time.

+ 1

bba

Board footer