You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

Re: Interesting read on Axl, touring, albums in Slash's biography

Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

I'm not realy interested in having these discussions.. I dont give a shit about any of that shit you are talking about!

Why are you in this thread then ?

This thread is for the people who support what made Guns N Roses what they are today.

bba

bringbackadler

bringbackadler wrote:

This is the GnR section for the current GnR lineup and thats what I'm here for.  Sorry if i don't bow down and worship your lil hero.   I'm simply not interested in it.

No offense, but if we were only to discuss the late breaking news surrounding the new band, and their musical accomplishments, it would only take 1 thread.  yikes

bba

well no offense but clearly you don't know how to fucking read because theres 2 pages worth of topics on the band in this section dedicated to this band.

Half of them are about Baz's lame ass, the other half are theories and speculations.

Where's the threads that we can discuss all of the latest press releases concerning the new band and their extensive musical catalogue ?

bba

bringbackadler wrote:

I'm not realy interested in having these discussions.. I dont give a shit about any of that shit you are talking about!

This thread is for the people who support what made Guns N Roses what they are today.

bba

this thread is in the current GnR section, so expect some different opinions.  If it was in the VR section or even the old GnR section, then you'd have a point.   Unlike you, I'm only sticking to the sections about bands I'm actually interested in and support.

bringbackadler

bringbackadler wrote:

bba

this thread is in the current GnR section, so expect some different opinions.  If it was in the VR section or even the old GnR section, then you'd have a point.   Unlike you, I'm only sticking to the sections about bands I'm actually interested in and support.

I am interested in and do support Guns N Roses.  21

Why do you go into the VR section at htgth if you're not interested in them ?

bba

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Saboteur wrote:

Sad but true bba.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Lets not do this again guys.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

This thread is hi-jacked, as the last full page of posts is about how it should or shouldn't be in the GnR section. if the mods move it they'll move it. In the meantime can people discuss the outtake from the book.

bringbackjunkie: htgth is a different board, entirely different.   if you wanna talk about htgth, go there and talk to me about it.

pas: i'm not suggesting the topic get moved,  I see the logic in keeping it here because it deals w/Axl.  i'm defending myself against the forum troll who thinks this section is for the original lineup and that we are all supposed to bow down to Slash. 

private eye: sorry, i wont post in this thread any more.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

This thread is hi-jacked, as the last full page of posts is about how it should or shouldn't be in the GnR section. if the mods move it they'll move it. In the meantime can people discuss the outtake from the book.

Yeah really. I posted this somewhere on the last page but it got lost in all the bullshit:

"As far as Axl's behavior goes, I've always felt the same way: he only gets away with what people let him.

If the band was so bothered by him they could've fired him. If the management thought he was such a pain, they could've dumped him (same for the label). At the end of the day, these type of artists are allowed to do these things because they're essentially everyone else's meal ticket."

I tried to ignore it the first time, but since you posted it again, I'll comment.

I don't think the band saw Axl as their meal ticket.  They definately recognized his talent and that he could help them reach the next level (Marc Canter's book sheds some light on this), but I don't think any of them looked at Axl as the savior and that they'd be lost without him. 

Hindsight says they were correct too.  They've all accomplished more than he has since the band fell apart.  He might have had the voice to carry them, but they had the music and the style to support him and kept him from imploding for the most part.  As much talk as I hear about Axl being all focused and driven, the past 15 years say otherwise.  I know there are other factors, but the fact that he hasn't released an album since TSI and none without the other guys says a lot.  Axl was great, but he was hardly alone in making the band what it was.

Board footer