You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: If there is a reunion, where do people stand?

Intercourse wrote:

I am interested to know if those who love the new band would support the old line up if Axl called a reunion?
There are many who no longer like Slash or conversely have moved to supporting VR over nuGNR because of Axl/new line up/ musical taste gripes etc.

Chances are slim but I am interested to know if the whole thing turned 180 from where it is today where would that leave certain forums and fans who have been vehement in their dislike of either side of the old GNR fault line (Axl vs Slash, Duff, Matt, with Izzy outside the whole thing)?

Would we see the same level of in-fighting as we currently see between GNR fans? Would it all melt away if Axl & the rest of the band said the hatchet was buried and all was roses in the garden.

Just a hypothetical discussion..
Peace,
IC

The only reason I am keeping this here is because it's directed to people who support the new band and not all members go into the TWAT section.

I'd be upset if the this band broke up because I really want to see what they have accomplished and get more from them.   I want to know what they are like together once CD finally hits the light of day, when they are free to speak about it, tour with it and maybe make vids for it.

With that said, if a reunion was to happen, it I would support that as well and definitely go the concert, I mean that would be a sight to see.

AtariLegend wrote:

I'd prefer "Chinese Democracy".

An album by this band.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I would love to have "Chinese Democracy", but a reunion would trump all of that. In a perfect world for me, we would get CD, a succesful tour, and then a GNR reunion shortly thereafter.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I want to hear CD. But not an album of TWAT, IRS, CD, Better, Maddy, Blues CITR etc... If I get that, plus 3 other songs, I'll be pissed. I've heard them already. Chances are that's what we'll get, & if so, I'll be disappointed.

It'll be hard for me to consider these guys GnR. Axl's too late IMHO. 2002 with Korn, Limp Bizkit, Kid Rock, Manson etc being big was the time. I don't see this album being huge. I've also become annoyed with the delays. I'm more looking forward to Metallica & U2. With Rick Rubin producing Metallica, I think that album will be awesome.

Anyway, I'm with NYG, I wanna see CD released (preferably 2 discs, either simultaneously or a year apart) a tour, then some time off. Then reunion talk & happening. 

To answer your question about fans, I guess people would have to be the same way, either get on board with GnR, or jump ship. Even moreso if a reunion ever happened, it'd be pretty hard to make arguments for Robin, BBF, Frank, Tommy etc if Axl was back with Slash & co.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

I don't get you people who say you have no interest in seeing a reunion.

I'm sorry, but to me that means that you are an Axl Rose fan ... not a GN'R fan. This project of Axl's  has had no solid lineup and no album releases. How in the hell can you say that you prefer that to the real deal ? Don't you people like bands who are able to maintain the same band members and release music ?

I agree with what James said yesterday about respecting other's opinions, and it makes the forum a more interesting place, but I honestly don't understand how anyone can say that they prefer this nu era when they really haven't done much of anything. I'm definitely interested in hearing Axl's album, but at the same time, I'm pro reunion all the way.

For all of you guys that said that you'd rather see Axl and his guys on payroll, ask yourself this question ...

Do you normally prefer coverbands to the real thing ?

bba

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

If there was a reunion, everybody would be happy.  Well, almost everybody.  They might be happier if they had gotten CD, but no Guns N' Roses fan should be mad or boycott the prospect of a reunion.  If Axl had a press release tomorrow saying he wanted to reunite the Original Lineup (or some form of it), Guns N' Roses would soar to the top search lists instantly of all the search engines and even those fans supporting Axl 100% would have to be onboard because it's what Axl wants.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Of course i would like to see a reunion....i'd like for the current band to get their chance to shine first though, but if a reunion fell out of the sky next year, i wouldn't be upset

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
bringbackadler wrote:

I don't get you people who say you have no interest in seeing a reunion.

I'm sorry, but to me that means that you are an Axl Rose fan ... not a GN'R fan. This project of Axl's  has had no solid lineup and no album releases. How in the hell can you say that you prefer that to the real deal ? Don't you people like bands who are able to maintain the same band members and release music ?

I agree with what James said yesterday about respecting other's opinions, and it makes the forum a more interesting place, but I honestly don't understand how anyone can say that they prefer this nu era when they really haven't done much of anything. I'm definitely interested in hearing Axl's album, but at the same time, I'm pro reunion all the way.

For all of you guys that said that you'd rather see Axl and his guys on payroll, ask yourself this question ...

Do you normally prefer coverbands to the real thing ?

bba

In their defense I think they are mostly saying "for right now, they have no interest in a reunion" and want CD 100%.  That's not to say 5+ years from now they wouldn't accept a reunion.

Board footer