You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: If there is a reunion, where do people stand?

bringbackadler wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Attacking is using words like, "I don't get you people", your answer of wanting one is noted and respected however it's all in the way you type it and the words you use that you know are going to put people on the defensive.    Also, when I say defend, I mean the constant bringing up of the old band.

This is a reunion thread. You permitted it to be in this section. I think it makes sense that I would bring up the old band in this thread. I mentioned Slash in the Fortus thread because someone took a shot at him.

Take a look at my reputation level. Look at how many people are giving me negative rep because they disagree with me. I have some that say  "fuck off" and "you're a dick". Is that ok for others to do that shit ?

bba

You are still missing my point.  It's in the way you word most of your posts, it's in an attacking way.

but lets stick to the topic now.

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

Here's how I want it:

2008 - Chinese Democracy, huge tours whole year
2009 - Reunion in Summer

A perfect world.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

lol you're such a troll dude.    you always give the neg rep first.     anyone who doubts that, look at his log and notice the times.     in fact you are the only member here who is constantly giving people bad reps, the ones you get are just people responding to it.

banned from here today AND mygnr.  Why do you think that is?

How many times haves you been banned from mygnr ? Jim Bob, Beaver Bob, Dr Bob.

And those are just off the top of my head. You want to keep talking, trollboy ?  yikes

bba

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Once Axl intends to not release albums I'd like a re-union. But if he wants 4 or 5 with this band, or another version, that'd be preferable. I'd rather have a studio Axl than a touring one, but either is great, really.

Communist China wrote:

I'd rather have a studio Axl than a touring one, but either is great, really.

both would be great. cool  i hope sooner than later he starts putting out the 4 albums Baz says he has ready and hits the road again.    i'm ready to see GNR again, its been almost a year.

bringbackadler

Communist China wrote:

Once Axl intends to not release albums I'd like a re-union.

So, basically a reunion sounded good for the past 15 years then ?  16

bba

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

BBA although an album has not materialized, the leaks, among other things, prove his intent to create and release an album. It's pretty clear that its just insecurities and road-bumps along the way that have prevented him from releasing something already.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I am a GNR fan. I support the band, not individuals. I want to hear CD. If hearing CD means there is no reunion, then that's what I want. I've lost all respect for everyone associated with the original lineup except for Izzy. So, if Slash or Duff or Matt or whoever never touches anything associated with GNR again, I won't give a shit.

I lived through the original GNR hype. It was great. It can never be duplicated, so a reunion won't live up to the expectations.

Also, as has been previously said, if they get together just to tour, it's clearly for the money, and I don't respect that. And before you say that's what Axl is doing now, we know he is creating music by the leaks, so don't go there.

bringbackadler

bigbri wrote:

Also, as has been previously said, if they get together just to tour, it's clearly for the money, and I don't respect that. And before you say that's what Axl is doing now, we know he is creating music by the leaks, so don't go there.

I respect your opinion, bigbri.

But, this logic makes absolutely no sense.

The leaks prove that Axl has went into a studio and did some recording in the past 15 years. It proves absolutely NOTHING else.

The only thing that we do know for certain is that Axl and his band have done 3 separate tours in the past 6 years, and still no album release. So, as of right now, all we know is that they are definitely touring, and it's most certainly for the money. Now, do you respect that ?

bba

any tour is for money.  thats how bands make money and earn a living.   

the difference is, a reunion would be a bunch of guys who don't like each other, sucking it up and touring for the money.   with GnR, these guys have amazing chemistry, Axl gets along with them, they are making music together (whether or not its released, they've been making music together), and there is no need to break that up to let guys back in the band who either fucked up and don't deserve to be in the band, or choose to sign their rights away and abandon the band.

Board footer