You are not logged in. Please register or login.

rose22
 Rep: 12 

Re: guns in 2009

rose22 wrote:

i've never posted a topic before so be easy on me. i'm assuming that axl will tour at some point to promote the album. under that assumption i really hope bucket will be a part of it. i think they should do smaller venues without over charging until the album picks up steam. i know axl lies ( for lack of better words ) about alot of shit but at some point he said they would tour for a long time while the album is out and then drop a second and even a third album. i am hoping he performs on a letterman type show but what i really want to see is a vh1 storytellers. i think it would be an incredible way to talk about the album while performing the tunes that have been worked on for so long. of course it wouldn't be the same without buckethead so i'm really hoping the musical star of this album would be a part of it. lets face it, who wouldn't want to see buckethead on vh1 storytellers ? anyways, just like to see what you all think will happen in 2009 and beyond. not really what you hope will happen but what you could see happening. axl has been away for so long and has turned away so many people but i truely believe there are ways to repare his image while making this new gn'r more relevant. thanks and i look foward to seeing what you have to write.

I really don't think Bucket will be back in the band,I don't think he would do it,I could be wrong ofcourse,hell for all we know Axl may not even promote the album,he hasn't yet and he has said nothing about it so who knows.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

A VH1 Storytellers show would be amazing but sadly would never happen.  I dont' think much is gonna happen. Unlike others I dont' think there is a secret masterplan. I predict a long period of silence and then possibly a  reunion. If they(current band of whoever) tour it'll be the same old AFD rehash with a  few new songs like before.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

james and i were talking about this the other day...a storytellers would be a great gig...axl could explain his story, fully introduce the band and get the new material out to alot of people all in one fell swoop

rose22

rose22 wrote:

if you are right bono and you may well be then i will say that this all was the biggest waste of a career, biggest waste of original gn'r, biggest waste of what could have been of new gn'r, biggest waste of everyones time. if they reunite ( original gn'r ) i don't see them playing any of these new songs live. what the fuck was this all for ? my god what a waste. as usual i'll hope for the best and what would probably make the most sense but instead i'll get the worst from this crazy fucker. damn.  to quote axl himself, " some things didn't work so well. " you got that right.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

the era if gnr isnt over yet...2009 isnt far away we may well see a big tour coming...in fact if i ever have expected anything from axl it would be a support tour for this album..if gnr doesnt tour it then it will be lights out for sure

but they cant afford not to take this on the road...no matter who is in the band

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
rose22 wrote:

if you are right bono and you may well be then i will say that this all was the biggest waste of a career, biggest waste of original gn'r, biggest waste of what could have been of new gn'r, biggest waste of everyones time. if they reunite ( original gn'r ) i don't see them playing any of these new songs live. what the fuck was this all for ? my god what a waste. as usual i'll hope for the best and what would probably make the most sense but instead i'll get the worst from this crazy fucker. damn.  to quote axl himself, " some things didn't work so well. " you got that right.

I honestly think Axl is already the biggest waste of musical talent in the  history of mankind. The guy wasted nearly 15 years.

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:

There are certainly a lot of shots to take at Axl at this point, and many of them have some validity to them.  Me, I'm truly happy to have a great album of new songs to listen to.  As much as I love Appetite, I have been hungry for new, modern music from Axl and Co. for a long time now.  No matter what happens from here on out, I'm glad the record was finally released.  Having no press, no Bucket, etc. is far from ideal, but it will have to be enough.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

i dunno about bucket being the ultimate saviour to CD like some peopele claim...i still think hes too bizzare of a figure to have mass appeal

dont get me wrong he's a huge talent, an enigma, but he's just too weird for the the famous Joe and Jill Public to accept IMHO

rose22

rose22 wrote:
bazgnr wrote:

There are certainly a lot of shots to take at Axl at this point, and many of them have some validity to them.  Me, I'm truly happy to have a great album of new songs to listen to.  As much as I love Appetite, I have been hungry for new, modern music from Axl and Co. for a long time now.  No matter what happens from here on out, I'm glad the record was finally released.  Having no press, no Bucket, etc. is far from ideal, but it will have to be enough.

don't get me wrong, i am happier than a pig on shit to have this album and in most ways it has at least met my expectations if not exceeded them. however, a long or perhaps even a permanant period of silence is a rotten thought.

Board footer