Similar to the re-recording of Appetite around that time, I imagine it was more in line with breaking down a Guns staple in the studio, in the interests of playing it live. But in saying that, it's a very simple song.
I can't imagine it being anything other than that.
#2 Re: The Sunset Strip » GNREvo's Favourite Album of the Century so far, Elimination Round 1 » 12 days ago
How did it get whittled down to those? Most of the truly exceptional albums of the century aren't there and they were nominated? Amy Winehouse - Back to Black, Beck - Morning Phase, Bob Dylan - Love and Theft to name just a few???
I voted Portishead - Third regardless - has absolutely no business being on any best-of the century list. Dummy however, is brilliant
- Get Axl on a proper healthy diet and exercise regime
- Request access to whatever material is in consideration for an album
- immediately cull any Paul Huge rave-ups
- Push for them to record their absolute A-list material (hopefully there is a bit of this) fresh in the studio (if they haven't already) - no CD rehash (as in using old recordings - songs from this era are re-recorded by this band from the bottom up) - this NITL band recording the best songs they have now - with an emphasis on getting a 'band' sound - an esteemed producer and a cohesive sound. As above, Uncle Axl will be in shape and at his best performance wise.
- Try and get some Izzy songs secured in this set and give him some cameo appearances on the record
- Promote the hell out of the album
- Tour the hell out of the album
#4 Re: The Sunset Strip » RIP Eddie Van Halen » 2 weeks ago
The 2020s are going to be a terrible decade when it comes to the loss of the surviving icons from the 60s-80s.
I shudder to think the day a GN'R member passes. I will be devastated and it could be sooner than we think with the way these guys lived in the day and the way some of them still do.
#5 Re: The Sunset Strip » RIP Eddie Van Halen » 2 weeks ago
#6 Re: The Sunset Strip » Greatest Album of the 21st Century Elimination Series, Nominations » 5 weeks ago
Others that have since come to me that should be in the mix also (imo):
System of a down - Toxicity
Daft Punk - Random Access Memories
Elliot Smith - Figure 8
At the drive in - Relationship of command
Bjork - Vespertine
David Bowie - Blackstar
Outkast - Stankonia
Radiohead - Kid A
The Strokes - Is this it?
Arctic Monkeys - Whatever people say I am, that's what I'm not
PJ Harvey - Stories from the city, stories from the sea
#7 Re: The Sunset Strip » Greatest Album of the 21st Century Elimination Series, Nominations » 7 weeks ago
The White Stripes - Elephant
Green Day - American Idiot
Beck - Morning Phase
Queens of the stoneage - Songs for the deaf
Soundgarden - King Animal
Kendrick Lamar - To pimp a butterfly
Bob Dylan - Love and Theft
Amy Winehouse - Back to Black
Chris Cornell - Higher Truth
TV on the radio - Seeds
The Killers - Sams town
Janes Addiction - The great escape artist
Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy