You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

AtariLegend wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Hidden Text:

okay, so a lot of people think Snow is a Targarian. Holy shit. So half stark, half Targarian. Ice and Fire? Wolf and Dragon?  Was the old man at Castle Black that died last episode placed there to be a mentor?  Is he the half brother to Kalesi?  If True, like I predicted earlier, Jon Snow will rule the 7 Kingdoms as he should. Dude is a total fucking badass. His sword is made of that Targerian Valerian Steel, Dragon Steel. Damn, if true nuts.

Hidden Text:

Jon is Danny's nephew, Rhaegar's son. Which makes him the true heir if Rhaegar married Lyana Stark in secret. However given only Ned is the only character who would definitely know and possibly Howland Reed (who is Jojen/Meera's father... the kids who are with Bran) who has not appeared yet. It's kind of hard to prove.

Aemon is Jon's great Uncle in the TV show version (it's great, great in the books), however Aemon doesn't know or even suspect. Aemon is at the Wall, by choice. He's been there a long time. He's a Maester (basically a scholar/teacher/doctor).

Jon of course is a man of the night's watch of course meaning he forsake all his claims and will stay with the Night's watch until death, even if he or anyone else even knew.

AtariLegend wrote:

Didn't like the Danny/Tryion meeting. Too unrealistic, another book deviation. In the books Danny/Tyrion will definitely meet early in the next book probably early on, however it's a bit of a suspension of disbelieve that she'd trust Tyrion this fast and well Tyrion in the books probably wouldn't have been that impressed with Dany's speech.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Wow!  Last night was an amazing episode!!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Great theory, but how is Dany's nephew se age if not older than her?  Her brother was young and Lynna was in her late teens when's she died and Snow is in mid to late 20's. the math is throwing me off. He appears to be maybe 10-15 years younger than Jamie and Cersei.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I have given up trying to spell all these names properly. Sorry...

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Hidden Text:

The show has taken a LOT of liberties with timelines and ages. In the books, Jon Snow is only 15 when he originally goes to the wall and somewhere around 17 or 18 when he becomes Lord Commander. The actual story picks up about 14 years after the battle when Rhaegar was killed by Robert. For that matter, Khaleesi is only 13 when she's sold to Drogo.  But in TV I would never guess that. Snow looks too old to be a son of Rhaegar and Lyanna.

AtariLegend wrote:

Should use spoiler tags before APE has a heart attack tongue. Yes to your last post ^^.

Character ages are all over the place, I don't think the show even addresses what age the characters are. It doesn't really make sense, best not to think about it.

In fairness though George RR Martin originally intended after the 3rd book (after the end of season 4) for there to be a 5 year gap between to where the story currently is, before he decided against it. He said one of his regrets when writing the books was that the Stark kids weren't a bit older.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Time for Dany to start moving North to Westeros. Ready for Boulton vs Stannis. Ready for Cersei to get revenge on high sparrow.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I found my confusion.  I had Rhagar confused with Viserys http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Rhaegar_Targaryen

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Excellent episode this week, I wondered when we'd see the walkers again.

Hidden Text:

surprised the long haired walker got killed he'd seemed like the leader up to that point. Was Jon able to kill him because his sword is valyrian steel then, as its not dragon glass?

Ep 9 next which is traditionally a big one, can't wait!

Board footer