You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Will backfire if

Hidden Text:

he

doesn't come back. Hopefully they are not that stupid. After season 5 I have my doubts about that though.

Hidden Text:

Season finale should be Dany landing in Westeros, no?

Tyrion's storyline could be very interesting, and I hope we see more of Littlefinger than we did last season.

How much is left of the books? Isn't the dude supposed to write like two more?

Hidden Text:

You can't seriously believe that he's not coming back?

After season 4 they had 2 books AFFC/ADWD (Which take place simultaneously, but feature different sets of characters)... almost 2000 pages worth of material. They turned it into a mess by trying to streamline and cut out certain stuff and change others. However Jamie's story at least and certain other characters that will make an appearance will have their character arcs circled back to material from those books. Jamie's never went to Dorne in the books.

Danny's story is a unknown it's assumed that's what will happen, however I think her end game will be different to whatever happens in the books. I personally hope part of the end game is

Hidden Text:

Jon vs. Danny.

Tyrion in the books is outside Meereen while a Siege (that never happens in the show is going on). Tyrion's trying to win certain people to Danny's side, however he hasn't met Danny yet. Theirs also no guarantee that she'll be happy when she does meet him unlike the happy route the show goes.

George plans to write 2 more books "The Winds of Winter" that'll hopefully be in 2016 and a final book.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Hidden Text:

my theory was always that Jon and Dany would be married and unite against lannisters. the long running rumor is that Jon is the son of Danys brother and Ned's sister

Also

Hidden Text:

Bran is setting up to be some kind of white walker king where Dany ultimately looks to side with the fire priests. ..fire and ice

AtariLegend wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Hidden Text:

my theory was always that Jon and Dany would be married and unite against lannisters. the long running rumor is that Jon is the son of Danys brother and Ned's sister

Also

Hidden Text:

Bran is setting up to be some kind of white walker king where Dany ultimately looks to side with the fire priests. ..fire and ice

Hidden Text:

I'd be shocked if Jon/Danny end up together. Seems more like the dream of TV show fans and completely not in line with the story.

Danny is guided by and increasingly more obsessed with prophecy during the story, but none of those prophecies point towards her ending up as Queen.

Jon will almost definitely take up the crown at some point before the story ends. In his penultimate ADWD chapter theirs the dream of standing atop the wall alone wielding a burning sword wearing black ice killing the dead climbing the wall while the raven calling him King Jon Snow, Corn King. Then theirs Melisandre praying for a glimpse Azor Ahai while trying to find Stannis, only too see "Snow".

In the TV show version of the House of the Undying, theirs the vision where Danny walks into the Throne Room and sees Snow falling on the Throne.

Danny's dream of another battle of the trident in ASOW "That night she dreamt that she was Rhaegar, riding to the Trident. But she was mounted on a dragon, not a horse. When she saw the Usurper’s rebel host across the river they were armored all in ice, but she bathed them in dragonfire and they melted away like dew and turned the Trident into a torrent. Some small part of her knew that she was dreaming, but another part exulted.

Theirs way too much foreshadowing about Jon ridding south in the books.

As for the Lannisters, who is there for them to unite against? In the books Cerseri is pretty much fucked, she's on her last legs. Aegon's about to take Stormsend and they're aligned with Dorne at the start of TWOW. The faith militant are running rampant in King's Landing and the only other army there is the Tyrell's who are obviously only going to step in if Margaery losses her trial.

Jamie is no longer on Cerseri's side and on his own redemption arc (assuming he survives Stoneheart). Meaning most of the Lannister army is in the Riverlands with no leader.

No idea what happens with Bran though tongue.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I too think Snow and Dany team up and unite and that one of the dragons is for him.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Hidden Text:

Also

Hidden Text:

That's an interesting theory. And the white hair, purple eyed family were very much into...

Hidden Text:

incest

So that would make sense about Dany & Jon, and I expected that's the route they go, she would be his cousin, so it fits...

I always thought...

Hidden Text:

Bran would turn into a wolf, so the white walker King potential blows my mind…

AtariLegend wrote:

All the Stark kids except Sansa (who's Direwolf is killed at the start story of the story) had some level of warging. Difference is that in the books Jon's aware of it, but has no control over it and Arya is completely oblivious.

Rob's Direwolf is killed at the red wedding, but it's implied he had a connection with Greywind as well. His last word before getting killed is "Greywind". The direwolf goes mad afterwards, but is killed. Jon's last word in the books is Ghost.

I really can't believe who's ever read the books that actually remembers them would honestly believe the story ends with Jon/Danny. It's completely against the direction of the story and out of left field.

Martin's original (radically altered) pitch a few years before he finished the first book (when he planned it to be a trilogy)

Hidden Text:

was for a forbidden love story between Jon/Arya/Tryion (that's obviously never going to happen) with things changing in the final book when Jon finds out his true/parentage.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I just think one of the dragons is Jon Snows. I think he will have a wolf and a dragon

AtariLegend wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I just think one of the dragons is Jon Snows. I think he will have a wolf and a dragon

Hidden Text:

I don't fancy Ghost's chances this forthcoming season tongue.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Snow is currently in Ghost. The red witch will free him from the wolf and enter him into his body again.

AtariLegend wrote:

You should read the books Smoking. After you get past the 5th, the wait for "The Winds of Winter" will be a lot more interesting than waiting for a new album or an Appetite reunion.

Board footer