You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

AtariLegend wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

No first 4 episodes leaked this time then?

No, they surprising were smart enough not to send out DVD screeners this time to the press for advance reviews.

AtariLegend wrote:

It's leaked according to reddit, haven't seen it yet.

Have seen screen shots, prepare for more reader outrage.

Hidden Text:

They've killed off the Dorne Storyline literally.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

The whole thing or just first ep?

Don't mean to offend cos I know you read the books but they need to get over themselves. They're too entirely different entities now, enjoy the show for what it is but if you're holding out for a mirrored story it's only going to dissappoint.

AtariLegend wrote:

More than 1/2 the story-lines are from the books.

Season 1 was basically an adaption, 2/3 only minor changes.

Season 4 was mostly from the books, but with some bizarre changes (like Jon going to Crastor's keep), what Jamie/Tyrion say to each other after he helps him escape ect.

Season 5 was the first season with some major changes, despite doing the same plot arcs. Anyway we can talk about this after season 6 starts airing.

It was the first episode that leaked. It was supposedly on the HBO streaming service in Canada for an hour or so yesterday. Loads of people grabbed screen shots, it's not clear if anyone grabbed the full episode.

It's only a day to go anyway tongue.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Over here, normally, the episode's over as its 10.45 pm French time.

I don't subscribe to the channel that airs it.

It'll be a surprise.

Has it started in the USA already ?

AtariLegend wrote:

In the UK it's simulcast with the US at around 2am meaning it should be around 3am Paris (CEST)

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

I'll be in bed by then.

I guess there will be reviews sometime tomorrow...

AtariLegend wrote:

WARNING RAMBLING RANT POST

Ignoring Jorah finding a small ring in the middle of a giant field that more than 20,000 horses just trampled over and the Dothraki dialogue that a 13 year old must have wrote.

Can anyone still justify the purpose of Dorne in the TV show? How Ellaria just attempted to gain revenge for Oberyn by killing Oberyn's family? How the sandsnakes casually killed the Dorne royal family they grew up with for no reason? That was worse than a "bad pussy" moment.

Notice how the solider Theon killed with a sword, by stabbing him... happened to have a shield over his back. I mean I'm sure they could reshot that. Oh and what happened to the dogs the Boltons had with them, did they do a runner mid-fight? 

RE: The burning of the Meereness navy. In the books Danny/Meereen has no navy at all, but for some reason in a season 4 episode Daario randomly mentions capturing the Meerenese navy, probably because they assumed at that point they wouldn't follow the rest of the books storyline. So what does this mean? Major Book/Probable TV show spoiler

Hidden Text:

It means, the Iron Born will probably set off to Meereen after all to bring Danny to Westros and her army. Since there's no Victarion in the show, I guess that means Yara will do it.

Oh and Re; Melisandre It's hinted at in the books in her chapter, it's probably the most likely thing they came up with on their own to happen in the book.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Agreed with all of that. The best moments were at castle black, Theon (yeah, how could they miss the shield?), and Cersei, whose plotline was hardly even shown. Spent way too much time in other areas that are pure filler but the show producers seem to love. Like Dorne. But overall, I liked the episode, but only for like 40% of it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Great opening episode!

Board footer