You are not logged in. Please register or login.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

AtariLegend wrote:
the_real_jessica wrote:

Does it make sense ?

Yes. As long as you admit the books were better tongue. j/k

In fairness though, the quality of the show in the earlier seasons is what got me to read through the books in the first place. So credit as far as that goes.

It's also filmed here tongue. It's this countries biggest export, outside of sectarianism.

Books will always be better, which is why I prefer writing to acting.

The brain has no limitations but the ones we set for ourselves.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I didn't mind the episode tbh...the brown talk I took as a way to scare/intimidate Danny

Thought brienne finding Sansa in the nick of time was kinda blah...didn't notice the hounds disappearING. ..did notice the shield tho...but could be written off as stabbing the guy in the kidneys I guess

Has anyone seen the reported title of ep 9 yet?

There was a circle of untouched grass where Danny was sitting so not unheard of to find an item in the centre of that small area

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes it showed her drop the ring in last seasons finale.

When they were talking dirty to Danny they had no clue she spoke dothraki (or however you spell it). I am ready for her and snow to unite!

AtariLegend wrote:

What's the rumored title you heard/read Neemo?

Neemo wrote:

There was a circle of untouched grass where Danny was sitting so not unheard of to find an item in the centre of that small area

It was tall grass tongue.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Solid first episode I thought. A few inconsistancies as has been pointed out but I can live with them. I saw someone has found a scene from season 4 with Melisandre in the bath without her necklace and not looking all old and haggard.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Solid first episode I thought. A few inconsistancies as has been pointed out but I can live with them. I saw someone has found a scene from season 4 with Melisandre in the bath without her necklace and not looking all old and haggard.

I read a theory about how Stannis' wife is trying to avoid looking at her and is in horror the entire time, like something is not quite right during that scene. Perhaps some foreshadowing.

AtariLegend wrote:

You're giving them too much credit. People can look back and think, oh she said this. The truth is, the purpose of the bath scene was for their nudity quota. At that point the writers specifically said they didn't even think the show would make it past the red wedding.

The fact that they burned the Meerenes navy, so they could circle back to a book storyline and ended up killing off half the characters in Dorne, means they didn't think that too far ahead even just last season.

It's a plot hole.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Anyone know if those knockers are natural? I'm very impressed.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Can I ask, how does the book version of Dorne and its characters differ from the tv show? (Without heavy spoilers if poss, just a general outline).

Most book readers seem to hate how it's been introduced to the show I'm just curious as to why?

AtariLegend wrote:

Oh boy. How does it differ?

First of all when Myrcella is sent to Dorne in the show (season 2)/books when Tyrion is running King's Landing, she's sent with Ary's Oakheart one of the King's Guard.

Myrcella_leaves.jpg

Ary's Oakheart stays there to watch over her in the books while she's in Dorne. For some reason this is never mentioned again in the show and Jamie ends up going to Dorne.

As for Dorne itself.

Ellaria Sand

Ellaria_Sand_in_The_Mountain_and_the_Viper.png

Is a pacifist, after Oberyn's death she returns to Dorne and gives a speech to Oberyn's kids the sand snakes (there's 8 of them, not 3 in the books all Oberyn's bastards to different women) and tells them about how the cycle of violence should end. She's a side character and not crucial to the plot.

Doran

Doran_Martell_family_tree.jpg

Is alot smarter, he has a game plan. His heir is not Trystane.

Trystane.jpg

He has another daughter called Arianne Martell

MagaliVilleneuve_AM.gif

She's his heir and basically the entire purpose of the Dorne plot. In Dorne unlike the show they believe in equal rights. Male heirs do not come before female heirs.

She plots to declare Myrcella the true Queen under Dorne-ish law since this will obviously start a war between the Lannisters/Dorne (it's complicated). Anyway Doran prevents it from happening and eventually reveals his plan... it involves fire and blood. TWOW PREVIEW CHAPTER SPOILERS

Hidden Text:

He's tries to wed of Arriane to Aegon Targaryen

(who doesn't exist in the show). Arys's Oakheart btw is decapitated by Areo Hotah.

He also sends another son who's cut from the show Quentyn Martell to try and marry Daenerys. Basically to align Dorne with the Targaryens against the Lannisters ect. However Quentyn in typical asoiaf fashion ends up doing something silly and gets killed trying to steal one of Daenerys locked up dragons near the end of book.

That still leaves Arriane who

Hidden Text:

has a very strong chance of being Queen before the end of the 6th book if she marries Aegon.

This is of course is alot better written that I made it sound.

Board footer