You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

polluxlm wrote:

The Tyrion and Varys scenes were the best. Missed Littlefinger. Nights watch wasn't bad either. As a whole I thought there was too little progression. Like they're cooking a thin soup.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Just the premier ...letting people remember where everyone is at

AtariLegend wrote:
Hidden Text:

Their's a death later on in the season that might cause the most outrage yet for people who read the books that I don't think TV show viewers will bat an eye at either.

Where's johnny? I need back up here sad.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

As a whole I thought there was too little progression. Like they're cooking a thin soup.

I felt that a bit last season.

I re-watched them all from the start recently so my wife could start watching and to me it felt noticeable how it slows down and less starts happening.

Still...I'm loving the show anyway! But I hope it works towards a strong ending and doesn't sort of fade out.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

As a whole I thought there was too little progression. Like they're cooking a thin soup.

I felt that a bit last season.

I re-watched them all from the start recently so my wife could start watching and to me it felt noticeable how it slows down and less starts happening.

Still...I'm loving the show anyway! But I hope it works towards a strong ending and doesn't sort of fade out.

It feels like we have different shows combined into one.

Despite my bitching, I really liked it. And "The Shining" moment with a hot naked lady that goes horribly, horribly wrong really got me. It ended on a great note.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

In a show like this (and walking dead) with a broad fanbase, juggling many many characters gets tough. .. most people don't seem to appreciate that this isn't sopranos focusing on only a couple (or 1) main characters. ..if anything this type of show would benifits from 16 episodes a season instead of 10

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm talking quality of the segments. Castle Black is stellar, Dorne is awful, it doesn't even seem like they're the same show just on the writing quality, like different people write those segments. Walking Dead is FAR more consistent in their individual storylines.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

In a show like this (and walking dead) with a broad fanbase, juggling many many characters gets tough. .. most people don't seem to appreciate that this isn't sopranos focusing on only a couple (or 1) main characters. ..if anything this type of show would benifits from 16 episodes a season instead of 10

I'm not sure, the 10 episodes go fast I agree, but what I mean is I feel the pace isn't consistent.

On reflection it may not be that they are slowing it down, it may be that they are speeding it up to the point where the lack of detail is making it feel rushed.

I've not yet read the books but as I understand it:

Season 1-4 was made out of 3 books.
Season 5 was made out of 2 books.

I think the plan is to do 3 more seasons out of the forthcoming 2 more books.

So we will end up with 8 seasons from 7 books - but they are not evenly distributed.

AtariLegend wrote:

Season 1 was A Game Of Thrones (1st book)
Season 2 was A Clash Of Kings (2nd book)
Season 3/4 was A Storm of Swords (3rd book)
Season 5 was a mixture of A Feast For Crows/A Dance With Dragons (4th/5th book) Mostly the 5th book, with extreme liberties taken with the Source Material (for example Dorne and giving Sansa a different characters story arc, among other things)

Season 6 is mostly original material with some of A Feast For Crows (4th book for example Arya with liberties taken) and a little bit of The Winds Of Winter (6th Book) with extreme liberties taken.

It's unlikely Season 7/8 will have anything to do with the books except very vaguely from what George may or may not have told the producers happens to certain characters.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Well book 4 and 5 were supposed to be 1 book, but grrm split it because writing was taking too long ... if u read the books the events of "a feast for crows" and "a dance with dragons" happen in pretty much the same span of time...events at the end of book 4 actually happen after parts during the first half of book 5...each of those 2 books just focus on different character perspectives

And the show is actually slimmed down quite a bit from the books and as a result the number of characters is severely reduced...Breanne's storyline for one is extremely different in the books...and some major players from dany's story don't even exist in the show...Jamie is also another that has been turned around...and little finger seems to have taken a back seat

Board footer