You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

Neemo wrote:

My preference would be for the show to follow the books verbatim. ..but hey most people would get lost watching it and as a result it would have been the hit it is now...and as a result likely wouldn't have gone past 2 or 3 seasons (yes carnivale I'm looking at you)

instead we have a bastardized version trying to appeal to both diehards and casuals...unfortunately the casuals outnumber the diehards

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

What's the rumored title you heard/read Neemo?

Same one as you wink

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Someone fill me in on Arya. She was in the Tomb of the many faces but then killed the guy that harmed her family. So then they made her blind??

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

It's part of her training/path to enlightenment...book is a bit different so not quite sure where it's going...she was only to kill who she was told...not make rhe decision herself so the many faced god has accelerated her difficulties to submit to his will...or something like that

johndivney wrote:
Neemo wrote:

carnivale

Great show loved it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Someone fill me in on Arya. She was in the Tomb of the many faces but then killed the guy that harmed her family. So then they made her blind??

Yeah she blinded the guy on her list as she killed him, so they took away her sight as punishment for killing people on her own list rather than the targets given to her by their god.

Seems to be in order to train her senses for fighting so I wouldn't assume it's permanent.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Arya gets on my nerves.

Her character is the only one in all GOT that's really getting up my nose...

AtariLegend wrote:

She's 9 years old at the start of the books (a few years older now) and everyone she knows except Jon (who she can't get to) is dead (or at least she believes so). It's trauma after trauma and now she's being trained by a death cult (for a purpose still to be revealed) to give up her identity.

The story is a bit more interesting in the books and I'm surprised that the show had last season end with her being blind (since it's a bit earlier in whatever semblance of the story that's left from the books that they're following).

I also don't like that she hasn't had certain

Hidden Text:

Direwolf dreams

Apparently the show can change the Children of the Forrest to people that can throw "fire balls" like it's a video game, instead of just using torches... but Arya

Hidden Text:

warging (like Jon/Bran)

is too much fantasy.

AtariLegend wrote:

Not sure what happens tomorrow night, but hopefully

Hidden Text:

Wun Wun kills Olly.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

AtariLegend wrote:

Not sure what happens tomorrow night, but hopefully

Hidden Text:

Wun Wun kills Olly.

I want Olly to be eviscerated and eaten.

Board footer