You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, basically smile

Poor Hodor. It was a great episode by I am way tired with the faceless bullshit.

I was tired of it until I saw the beautiful bewbs in the actress playing Sansa in the play. MOTHER OF GOD. SHE WAS BEAUTIFUL.

That was the only good thing in that entire segment. 16

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Decent episode although I think I enjoyed the previous couple more. I think you can have too much Bran in one episode 16

What were the fan theories that were confirmed Atari? Did someone really guess Hodor meant 'hold the door'?

AtariLegend wrote:

Yes, years ago. Same with the Children of the Forrest creating "The Others" (Whitewalkers in the show).

Just quickly pointing out, that the Night King in the TV show has nothing to do with "The Night's King" as mentioned in the books. I guess the show just thought it would be a cool name.

Also the Iron Islands are called the Iron Islands for a reason... they're lifeless rocks people mined that they built settlements/castles on. Their are no trees and even if their were... It might take a long time to build a fleet.

In the books the fleet never gets stolen, Euron sends his brother Victarion to Meereen with an awful lot of ships... while Euron uses the rest of the fleet to raid "The Reach" - One of the Seven Kingdoms ran by The Tyrells where Sam's about to visit.

Yara (Asha in the books as she's called) gets out of dodge after she leaves and goes back to a castle she's captured called Deepwood Motte that then get's captured by Stannis. Theon never attends the Kingsmoot, after he escapes Winterfell with Ramsay's bride... they end up at Stannis camp, just before the Boltons/Stannis clash.

Basically the idea in the books is that if Theon had been on Pyke (Iron Islands) after Balon died, he'd been ruler of the Iron Born without a Kingsmoot taking place. They don't hold a kingsmoot every time a ruler dies.

A last thing... Westros is a continent made up with 7 several countries basically. Littlefinger tele-porting everywhere from episode to episode is just bizarre. I know they don't wait a few episodes for him to travel to different locations, but it's just weird.

Anyway tongue.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

This season is waay better than the last so far. Almost like it's finally picking up that steam you've been waiting for since the very first season.

Kudos. Wouldn't have thought.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Atari does the show frustrate you when it is inconsistent with the books??

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

The inconsistentancy bothers me somewhat. .. but I understand that the show is a streamlined/condensed version of the books that needs to appeal to a much wider audience in order to be successful

I wish they would've started out more inconsistent. .. then it wouldn't matter ... prolly biggest peeve is that the show may spoil future books

Anyway pretty good episode. ..not sure of Sansa's angle...and my bran theory was blown to shit

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

One deviation I wish they'd done was to keep Jaime's hand. He's been almost useless since that. What is the point of changing a character that much if you aren't going anywhere with it? A few episodes with him struggling to fight with his left and that's it.

AtariLegend wrote:

What was your Bran theory?

I don't think it spoils as much as it seems, outside of "Hold The Door" and the Children creating The Others.

Remember that Stannis is probably still alive at this point, the show character "The Night King" is almost certainty not the "Night's King" mentioned very briefly in the books and then theirs Aegon

...And Speaking of the books... we're going to get a bunch of AFFC material in the coming books.

Hidden Text:

Riverlands, don't expect the book ending.

Smoking Guns wrote:

Atari does the show frustrate you when it is inconsistent with the books??

I'm okay with certain things being changed from the books.

I'm not okay with plot holes like;

- the Sandsnakes magically appearing on the boat in King's Landing to kill their cousin the prince of Dorne for no reason... despite we seeing them standing on the dock at the end of season 5 while the boats sailed off.

- Bringing back Osha/Rickon just for Ramsay to kill them off for the sake of it.

- Ramsay and 20 good men sneaking into Stannis camp and setting all the supplies ablaze without getting caught, despite the guards saying to Stannis... we think we saw 20 men.

- Stannis burning his daughter, because they were hungry. Despite supposedly being within walking distance of Winterfell.

- Ramsay raping Sansa, because apparently Sansa needed motivation to lead (The Vale which she practically already had in both show/books) to war against the people who murdered her family and took her home.

- Euron suggesting that his small group of men should be building the biggest fleet the world has ever seen by cutting down every tree on a island famous for not having much of anything except rocks (as shown in both show/books). Then the idea that building this massive fleet is going to take a short time.

- Never once addressing who Bloodraven is. Do TV viewers even know who he was or what he was doing, or why Bran had to travel their? The book issue with this is, that Bloodraven randomly suggests he's been in a tree for a 1000 years. In the books it's less than 50 years.

ect. Silliness like that.

AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

One deviation I wish they'd done was to keep Jaime's hand. He's been almost useless since that. What is the point of changing a character that much if you aren't going anywhere with it? A few episodes with him struggling to fight with his left and that's it.

In the books after Jamie loses his hand, he becomes a different character and starts reflecting upon his past. He also essentially starts on a redemption arc soon afterwards, which can't happen in the show... since Jamie just rapped Ceseri randomly in season 4, then decided to go to Dorne, became war hungry and keeps going back to Ceseri.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I thought Bran would end up championing the old gods and the north to lead the white walkers to war against Danerys, the red priests and the fire god zombies (like the Mountain, Dondarion, Caetlyn and JS) ... fire and ice

Or maybe a song a fire and ice is "the ballad of John snow" lol Targaryen and Stark blood

Board footer