You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

Lomax wrote:
johndivney wrote:

this season has been terrible

absolutely nothing interesting has happened. it's been all strung out til the end w/incremental developments. a real disappointment after being primed perfectly last yr for a season of epic war.
instead what have we had? diddley fucking dick.
& even the quota of tits has dried up lately.

last yr there were kids getting pushed outta windows, incest, the killing/death of the king, 'the others', dragons & sean bean.
this yr?! fucking shite.

2nd book was much the same.
In fact they've incorporated elements of the third book into this one in order to make it more interesting.

There are some surprises coming though

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Thought I'd share this:

I was in Best Buy a minute ago (picking up Monty Python and the Holy Grail on blu-ray) when I heard a customer ask a manager what "Game of Thrones" is. The manager replied "It's sci-fi, just like Lord of the Rings".

This is the same Best Buy where the music associate didn't know who Van Halen was a few weeks back.

16 science fiction? WTF? My buddy called it that the other day too. I was like Ummmmm. NO! It's Fantasy not Science Fiction. 

Star Wars, Star Trek, etc etc = Science Fiction

Midieval Times w/ dragons and shit = Fantasy

The staff at that best Buy sound pretty inept. LOTR sure as shit is not science fiction  14

now somone can correct me if I'm wrong  10

Yeah, it's not Science fiction. If it weren't set in an alternate world it would be historical fiction. ... Which interestingly enough.. would shorten to Hi-Fi rather than Sci-Fi... That is soo cool... anyway, there you go.  It's fantasy because of the alternate world and the magical elements but bares more relation to historical fiction, than regular sword and sorcery fantasy.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

epic fantasy

spaceships and lasers are typically sci-fi...starwars kinda blurred the lines with knights and what not in a sci fi setting...but anyway if you go into barnes and noble or chapters/indigo or whatever both genres are placed into the same section sci-fi / fantasy....or as my wife calls it "the geek section" 16

thye really changed this season from the books...and ... like riad said combined books 2 and 3...trying to move it faster so its more easily digestible by the mass public and changing things to keep everyone on their toes and to make it fresh, or so the producers say, they wouldve had more respect from me if they wouldve stayed true...but thye got the ratings so i guess they are doing alright

johndivney wrote:

Great ep this week

Not quite enough to make up for damp fart of a season but enough to keep me watching, for now. I was ready to throw in the towel w/this show but that was excellent & as much fun as season1. Loads a great quotes, some great action but also some cheesy cheap-ass shit & terrible acting made it a perfect GoT ep. There's brave men at our gate... Let's go kill them!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

next season will be insane if they keepin general line with the books

johndivney wrote:

I've read the 1st book
Would I be ok in jumping ahead to book 3 r should I stay the course? Bear in mind I havent liked this season on tv much...

johndivney wrote:

awesome last ep

proper cliffhanger stuff

gonna be a longass wait til next season lol

needs more tits tho!
hopefully joff's new queen gets hers out again. they were p nice.

redarmy76
 Rep: 5 

redarmy76 wrote:
johndivney wrote:

I've read the 1st book
Would I be ok in jumping ahead to book 3 r should I stay the course? Bear in mind I havent liked this season on tv much...

I would stay the course, there are always little details that the TV show doesn't elaborate on that help you understand the story better.  The TV show also deviated from the books a few times this season, and having the expanded details help you understand the whole story better.

johndivney wrote:

Hmmm.. not exactly what I was hoping to hear! I like the tv show much more than the book... But I'll take it word for it & get book 2...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Last episode is like the walking dead merged with the fucking game of thrones

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I got season one on dvd last week, watched them all now, pretty f'n good.

Never really knew what i was getting myself into, I thought I could hold off watching it on tv and get season 2 on dvd when its out next year, but only now have i learned just how long this story is, it'll be well into the next decade before the tv show is finished, fuck that, I'm gonnie have to get the books.

Board footer