You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

johndivney wrote:

so i've started reading the books..

i got caught up to the end of last seasons tv show then started reading some more & was starting to think, 'hmm this is getting a little samey & a little boring & none of the more prominent characters have died really since sean bean".  like arya & jamie's storylines just repeated & mirrored themselves kinda & i was half tempted to give up.
& then the red wedding happened. awesome.
the 2nd part of book 3 was p great all told.

still part of me wishes i'd waited for the tv show tho!

johndivney wrote:

So

Hidden Text:

jon snow was seemingly killed but obv he's not gonna die. I kinda thought it was cheap cop-out cause he's obv the hero/prince that was promised.

Thought danys story in ADWD was dull but the dragon stuff was class.

Bit bored w/cersei & kings landing & Gregor clegane - tho his actual death fight w/the viper guy was Awesome.

There's almost 2 much going on - the slavers BS, the iron islands & not enough of the Starks bar Jon snow. Didnt hear anything from davos either after the first few chapters.

Ha! Am kinda hooked/becoming a fanboy.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Yeah pretty crazy stuff happened at the end of adwd....I hope it doesn't take him another 7 years to finish the next book lol...next season HBO should be good

johndivney wrote:
Hidden Text:

is stannis really dead?

i think no. but it is possible we might see it from another characters POV in the next book?? if he's not then what was the purpose of the letter? if bolton didn't send the letter then who did? was it to turn the crows against snow?

7 years?! FFS!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Hidden Text:

i dunno grrm has a habit of making dead characters stay dead....tho Cat may have something to say about that 16

Maybe jon comes back as a white walker, or maybe ? maelesandra brings him back to life thru the red god? maybe someone saved his life at the last moment? maybe he just stays dead....but yah was bummed out when i read it

my theory is that the white walkers and the fire priest zombies are somehow mortal enemies

i'm not sure how bran then plays into it...but its looking like Dany and Bran are somehow going to be fighting each other

I dont think that stannis was even captured...but i could be wrong

johndivney wrote:
Hidden Text:

i think the rule is unless your head's chopped off you don't die
jon snow is definitely not dead.
probably definitely.

same w/stannis. he's grown on me quite a bit. aside from being a nut he's a p funny dude actually!

the war/battle now is definitely the old gods/gods beyond the wall/guys responsible for the wights & white walkers vs the ire god/fire priests.
the fire guys always say "the night is dark & full of terrors" but bran is explicitly told not to fear the darkness. those forces, aside from the actual physical battles, are defo where it's at.

but the theory about jon snow is he is the guy to balance those two forces. without the balance one will annihilate the other & then the kingdom. that's why he CAN'T die, or else everything really is truly fucked - which actually wouldn't surprise me really.

snow'll have warged into his direwolf & the melisandre will cure him or bring him back

the stannis thing is more confusing but ultimately less important now there are two known targaryens w/a claim to the iron throne. i'd miss him if he goes but he isn't that important.

& what of rickon? he needs to come back, even tho he's only a kid, & go on a killing spree. he's had the influence of the two freys who were douchebags & spent time on that island of cannibals so he's bound to be as mental as ramsey bolton. fingers crossed.

& if ramsey bolton did send the letter to jon snow why didn't he send a bit of flayed skin?!

ah fuck it! the ending to ADWD really was nuts.

it's so frustrating i almost wish i hadn't ever started reading the series! it's so crazy i love & hate GRRM so much atm

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Stannis is a serious man.

Indeed.

johndivney wrote:

It is known.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

less that 2 weeks till season 3 aires.....I cant wait.

I watched season 1 and 2 on DVD in big chunks, so I'm not looking forward to being restricted to 1 a week. And with adverts too, thats gonna suck.

But, less than 2 weeks !

Lomax wrote:
johndivney wrote:
Hidden Text:

i think the rule is unless your head's chopped off you don't die
jon snow is definitely not dead.
probably definitely.

same w/stannis. he's grown on me quite a bit. aside from being a nut he's a p funny dude actually!

the war/battle now is definitely the old gods/gods beyond the wall/guys responsible for the wights & white walkers vs the ire god/fire priests.
the fire guys always say "the night is dark & full of terrors" but bran is explicitly told not to fear the darkness. those forces, aside from the actual physical battles, are defo where it's at.

but the theory about jon snow is he is the guy to balance those two forces. without the balance one will annihilate the other & then the kingdom. that's why he CAN'T die, or else everything really is truly fucked - which actually wouldn't surprise me really.

snow'll have warged into his direwolf & the melisandre will cure him or bring him back

the stannis thing is more confusing but ultimately less important now there are two known targaryens w/a claim to the iron throne. i'd miss him if he goes but he isn't that important.

& what of rickon? he needs to come back, even tho he's only a kid, & go on a killing spree. he's had the influence of the two freys who were douchebags & spent time on that island of cannibals so he's bound to be as mental as ramsey bolton. fingers crossed.

& if ramsey bolton did send the letter to jon snow why didn't he send a bit of flayed skin?!

ah fuck it! the ending to ADWD really was nuts.

it's so frustrating i almost wish i hadn't ever started reading the series! it's so crazy i love & hate GRRM so much atm

I'm making my way slowly through a feast for crows, I read the first 3 books in about 6 months been 6 months reading feat alone however... Just don't care enough but want to have caught up before the season gets made.

Board footer