You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Slash @ Super Bowl updates by Perla

jamester wrote:

A biased fan ran GnR Twitter news source.
axl-rose_reasonably_small.jpg
GunsNRosesNews.
@GunsNRosesNews A Democratic China.
My name is Darren and I like Guns N' Roses. A lot.
Connections
Also followed by @gunsnroseslive, @Ashbanews, and @DjASHBA.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Good Game packers take it and Guns N Roses reunite for halftime with AXL sporting TiTS!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Monkey, please stop defending it. Fergie was fucking terrible.

I'm not defending the peformance, I'm just saying I don't get the mindset of the fan base these days.

Like, that twitter feed that says its a birthday present for Axl when slash fucks up? So what's a gift for slash then? If Axl were to loose his voice entirely? I just can't understand this Axl vs Slash mindset.

You know, Slash is a guy who helped make GNR famous, if he looks like a tool on TV then that's a sad thing for his old band mates really. Likewise Axl is a guy who made GNR (and slash) famous too - if something happens and Axl looks bad - I don't think Slash's fans should celebrate, I think we should all feel its regrettable.

To me they're both great artists and it sort of annoys me this team mentality thing people have - like enjoying one of the bands does not mean the other has to suck or fail - that's all i'm saying.

That, and the idea that was mooted - that slash plays his most famous riff at one of the largerst worldwide audience becasuse he's ashamed of his new stuff is just insane. No one rational could think that.

Anyway, I'm not defending the peformance it's self. From what I see here sounds like a shocking soundmix, and a bad vocal peformance from fergie - who I'll say I think normally covers the song much better than that - (I mean anyone who isn't axl can't sing GNR 100% right - but Fergie normally does a decent job of hitting the notes cos she's a girl) but she wasn't happeing tonight that's for sure. I'm not excusing the peformance. I just saying i'm fed up with team mentality we have going - that everything is Axl's camp vs Slash's camp....

makes life hard for a dude like me, who thinks Chinese is fantasic but also enjoys Slash doing his own thing too.:peace:

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Monkey, please stop defending it. Fergie was fucking terrible. Here's the video:

http://www.wat.tv/video/slash-with-the- … fgtb_.html

Unfortunately they buried Slash's guitar in the sound mix. He was the only good part of the entire halftime show.

I didn't think that sound THAT bad as people are making out. Fergie didn't hit any dud notes of anything, and Slash's playing was flawless.

What's with all the complaining?

Sky Dog wrote:

I thought was fine....

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Ooh just saw the video that Tejas provided since I always turn off the halftime show.  And yes Fergie was awful with her singing.  I guess there's a certain style that I expect to be sung with that song.  But that sounded American Idol bad.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Really, some people didn't find Fergie terrible? She can sing it better, we've seen the videos, but tonight was horrid.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Monkey, please stop defending it. Fergie was fucking terrible. Here's the video:

http://www.wat.tv/video/slash-with-the- … fgtb_.html

Unfortunately they buried Slash's guitar in the sound mix. He was the only good part of the entire halftime show.

I didn't think that sound THAT bad as people are making out. Fergie didn't hit any dud notes of anything, and Slash's playing was flawless.

What's with all the complaining?

The shitty Axl impression on "sky," "cry," and "mine" for one thing. If you can't actually make it sound good, don't even fucking bother with it. Just sing the word the way you might sing it yourself if you'd never heard Axl Rose's version of it. As Fro said, the attempted impression was bad enough to be kicked off American Idol during the first round.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Thought it was fucking badass... Watched the game at a bar and everyone went apeshit when Slash appeared.  Everyone thought it was awesome.  Only over the top people on forums would search for negatives, but EVERYONE in the packed out bar loved it.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Thought it was fucking badass... Watched the game at a bar and everyone went apeshit when Slash appeared.  Everyone thought it was awesome.  Only over the top people on forums would search for negatives, but EVERYONE in the packed out bar loved it.

I'm not bashing Slash, I'm bashing Fergie. Pretty fucking huge difference between the two. Slash was the only good part of the show, although the sound people had him lower in the mix than they should have.

Board footer