You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Slash @ Super Bowl updates by Perla

metallex78 wrote:

I just realised (as someone else pointed out over at htgth), that Slash actually played the Slither solo at the end of Sweet Child there. So it was like it went from GN'R's biggest hit, to VR's biggest hit.

And after watching it again, I still don't think it's bad. Fergie is just singing it Fergie style, and Slash was flawless. The Slither solo was a nice touch too.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Tried to watch some of this game last night but gee whizz, American Football is so feckin boring 16

As opposed to soccer where they score 3-4 goals in the entire game? GTFO. 16

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Whats soccer?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

There hasn't been 3-4 goals in the entire history of soccer.  Never has a team scored more than 2 goals in a soccer/futbol game wink

Seriously though, that performance blew.  I said in the other thread, the black eyed peas sucked, Fergie sucked, and her singing SCOM was abysmal.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Guys, it was BAD! I watched in an office of at least 15 people. Everyone was cringing at her. Slash was awesome, as you'd expect. But Fergie was gawdawful. She CAN do it better. Plenty of videos out there show that, but THIS version was absolutely soul-crushing. If Axl sung it like that, we'd all be crucifying him too.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Pro-Shot Sound is as we all heard it. Even Slash couldnt save  this imo
The rest of the BEP show + Usher

still cant get over the boxes over dancers head during time of my life/dirty bit?:laugh:

RollingStone  Rolling Stone
"The Peas medley was so bad, producers tried to get Paul McCartney to sing 'A Hard Day’s Night' with Terry Bradshaw": http://bit.ly/fi8h5M
2 minutes ago
http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/blo … y-20110207

"The Ghastliest Half-Time Show in Sports History"

So where the hell was Ashanti? The Super Bowl was like Reunion Night for the dregs of the early 2000s, so it just doesn’t seem right we didn’t get a Ja Rule-themed beer commercial.

The Black Eyed Peas did the ghastliest half-time show in sports history, while Christina Aguilera (You remember her! She’s so Dirrty! She’s all Burlesque! She’s not herself tonight!) sang the National Anthem. She was working so hard to prove what a virtuoso she is, she forgot the words. But it was even uglier how she forgot the melody. And the car commercial that tried to make Eminem’s “Lose Yourself” sound mushy and inspirational just served as a reminder that 2002 was a long fucking time ago. It’s official: We’ve had the suck of our lives!

The halftime show was so dire, you had to imagine Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey at home trading high-fives, since Daltrey’s harmonica solo during “Who Are You” last year no longer tops the Super Bowl suck charts. The Peas did the same Swedish-disco Tron homage they did at the American Music Awards, with those light-up suits and their Dirty Dancing cover.******

Except this time we also got the ominously intoned words, “Ladies and gentlemen . . . the one and only . . . Slash!” Alas, the one and only Fergie proved she’s not Axl, because their version of GNR’s “Sweet Child O’Mine” was a nightmare, all bitchslap rapping and cocaine tongue getting nothing done.

Even Usher looked embarrassed. The whole endless Peas medley was so bad, the producers reportedly spent the last ten minutes trying to get Paul McCartney on the phone so he could come back and sing “A Hard Day’s Night” with Terry Bradshaw.

Fortunately, we got the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion doing Leadbelly’s “Black Betty,” via the famous Seventies stoner-metal version by Ram Jam, flipped into an excellent Volkswagen commercial. It was easily the song of the night.

But if you want a halftime show, you have to go back to the old school -- ten years, to be exact. We all have renewed respect for Britney and Justin today, not to mention Aerosmith, Nelly, Mary J. Blige, and the rest of N’Sync. Walk this way, Brit!

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

haha, nice reference to YCBM by Rolling Stone.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Good to see Slash keep pissing on the bands legacy. Can't call him changeable, that's for sure!

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

I'm floored that someone even ALLOWED that atrocity to take place at a halftime show.  You'd think they are reviewed and critiqued and monitored closer than the Secret Service!?!

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Good to see Slash keep pissing on the bands legacy. Can't call him changeable, that's for sure!

I think he'd reunite in a heartbeat, but Axl don't wanna. It's a 50/50 share among them all.  Axl has his own sideshow circus ruining things as well.

Board footer