You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Slash @ Super Bowl updates by Perla

polluxlm wrote:

I wouldn't say that. The band plays the songs faithfully and Axl does his job well considering his age. He may be an egomaniac, but at least he's not out selling volkswagens and playstations, or whoring himself out with artists he once claimed to detest.

Late starts and irratic behavior is GN'Rs legacy, at least a major part of it. Raping one of the bands largest hits on national tv for money certainly is not.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Good to see Slash keep pissing on the bands legacy. Can't call him changeable, that's for sure!

The only one who's pissed on the legacy is Axl. Nobody and I mean NOBODY thinks any less of Gn'R after Slash's performance last night yet people always say "Guns N' Roses suck now" and that's thanks to Axl, his antics and his Menudo approach to Guns N' Roses. If anything Polluxlm Guns N' Roses came out looking like gold last night because Slash was the highlight of the show and it just reminds people how much better a true rock band with talent is for events like this. Slash pissing on Gn'R's legacy?  14 Whatever man, if making flat out stupid comments helps ya sleep at night have at'er but you gotta be pretty damn short sighted to think Slash has pissed on the Guns N' Roses legacy. In fact I'd say you're border line dellusional if you think that.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Good to see Slash keep pissing on the bands legacy. Can't call him changeable, that's for sure!

The only one who's pissed on the legacy is Axl. Nobody and I mean NOBODY thinks any less of Gn'R after Slash's performance last night yet people always say "Guns N' Roses suck now" and that's thanks to Axl, his antics and his Menudo approach to Guns N' Roses. If anything Polluxlm Guns N' Roses came out looking like gold last night because Slash was the highlight of the show and it just reminds people how much better a true rock band with talent is for events like this. Slash pissing on Gn'R's legacy?  14 Whatever man, if making flat out stupid comments helps ya sleep at night have at'er but you gotta be pretty damn short sighted to think Slash has pissed on the Guns N' Roses legacy. In fact I'd say you're border line dellusional if you think that.

That's a whole bunch of spin right there. Axl Rose's name was trending on Twitter last night because of people complaining about how bad Fergie's impression of him was. I don't consider Axl's band to be Guns N' Roses so I don't view it as ruining the band's legacy. I do think Axl has wasted his own talent by being unproductive for so many years. Even today he is still one of the best singers on the planet, yet has only one album of material to show for it in 17 years.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I thought it sucked, but not because of Slash. The whole show sucked, and he was part of it. Even as the best part of it, it's like saying that the lone survivor of a plane crash is paralyzed. It's better than dead to some people, but it still sucks.

Enough of the "whoring" comments until you're ready to make the same claims about Axl. They are both living off of a well-earned reputation from the past.  One way isn't better or worse than the other. The end result is exactly the same. They are both making a shitload of money off of the band and music they created together. It's completely hypocritical to embrace new GnR while claiming Slash is a money whore.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Axl was always a nutjob. It's part of what made him big, and now it's part of him getting so much shit. Not much he can do about that. At least he's stayed real, more real than probably any major act out there. CD certainly ain't a classic, but it's a decent effort and in no way does it shame the catalogue.

And excuse me if I don't consider the opinions of Hoi Polloi to have any substance in matters Guns N' Roses. Oh, you have 5 year olds thinking Ozzy is a cool dude now. Popular acclaim and $$$ out the ass like he's never ever seen. That doesn't mean the man hasn't become a complete and utter joke to almost any real fan of metal.

To you credibility seems to equal popularity, and in that regard Slash has made himself a very credible man. Doesn't mean I have to buy it.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I thought it sucked, but not because of Slash. The whole show sucked, and he was part of it. Even as the best part of it, it's like saying that the lone survivor of a plane crash is paralyzed. It's better than dead to some people, but it still sucks.

Enough of the "whoring" comments until you're ready to make the same claims about Axl. They are both living off of a well-earned reputation from the past.  One way isn't better or worse than the other. The end result is exactly the same. They are both making a shitload of money off of the band and music they created together. It's completely hypocritical to embrace new GnR while claiming Slash is a money whore.

Agree. The 'Slash is a sell-out, he's pissing on GN'R's legacy' bullshit is old, tired and ridiculous. I wish he wouldn't do these shows, but I'm a snobbish, elitist Slash fan, and I'm only part of the audience he's looking for. It doesn't make him a sell-out or shit. Do you think he expects to sell more solo albums in the next 2 weeks? Hell no. People will buy more Greatest Hits, if anything. Even uncle Axl will earn some money, without doing anything, thanks to Slash. Slash is the one who's been keeping the Guns N' Roses legacy and fame alive, and Axl should thank him for this, and not start legal battles against Activision and such.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Welp I wasnt gonna post this guys stuff anymore....but sein how the thread went in that direction ! 16

GunsNRosesNews  GunsNRosesNews.
I Would Like To Extend My Solidarities To Those Poor Unfortunate Souls Who Had To Endure Slash/Fergie's Royal Defamation of “Sweet Child".
2 hours ago

GunsNRosesNews GunsNRosesNews.
Maybe Bumblefoot Can Give Slash A Guitar Lesson Or Two As Well.
2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

GunsNRosesNews.
GunsNRosesNews GunsNRosesNews.
Hopefully GN'R Tour The States In '11 & You All Get To See Exactly How “Sweet Child O' Mine” SHOULD Be Played.
2 hours ago

14  I may not share some of  the views posted above 19

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

It's not "flat out stupid". As I mentioned, my fb page with filled with people who are usually Slash fans laughing openly at that debacle.

I saw someone post "Axl Rose is rolling over in his grave after that performance"...  and they meant it.

Board footer