You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: 101 Document Titles From Axls Laptop (No Actual Documents Tho)

slashsfro wrote:
ppp wrote:

It is despicable and the only people praising it are the ones who didn't like Axl to begin with. Had this been Slash instead, his haters would be acting the same way. It's kind of sad that people are so petty.

You don't see anyone here actually praising this.  Wanting to read this stuff if it leaks is one thing, but I don't think anyone here supports the blackmail/extortion angle here at all and the drama that has gone with it.

I could see Doc being the mole but doesn't some of this stuff predate him?  Stuff from prior to his arrival is on there but a whole bunch of these documents could be bs.  Anyway Doc has a sketchy past too (see Motley Crue).

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Mabye they would have hoped he would just put it online to GNR fans giving his history of uploading things.
But aye, you make a good point, a hacker it is then 16

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Spot on Slashfro. No Axl vs Slash stuff here at all. I'd like to read all the dirt from all sides, I don't believe for a second that there is only dirt on Axl's side; just more of it that's all.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I think ppp was referring to folk on other sites, the sites where the bickering is non stop.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Bono wrote:

Also in my opinion I think an Axl Rose book would be absolute garbage. It would be such a warped perspective on things.

I don't think Axl is able to see things the way they are. I think he sees things exactly how he wants to, to keep peace in his own self contained universe and not upset the balance of anything by being accountable for anything.

For me that's why I'd hope he'd publish it though, as what I find facinating about this kind of situation is everyone has a unique perspective.

I mean what happened to those GNR kiddies was an amazing life changing experience, and I like the idea of reading about the same events from Slash, Duff, Steven, and Axl's perspective....all eye witness acounts...all with varying problems acounting for the speaker...(IE: Slash was fucked on drugs most of the time, while Axl is very emotional, Duff can't even remember...Adler can't really look past being thrown from the band...like you'd have to account for their personality when reading it - but that's why it's interesting).

Another thing is I find axl's way of speaking quite interesting. It's also something I enjoy in his songs. His choice of words is quite precise. He's way of looking at emotional situations.

It may not always be 'correct' in terms of what a 3rd party might say about the same events, but it's valid in it's own way, and an interesting perspective on things I usually find.

And if he did comit some of the flaws you describe, such as the blaming everyone else and so on, to me that would just help us to further learn about his character and his personality and so on. I guess that's my thing - i respect Axl and I'm interested in his life because the music he gave (gives us) profoundly influenced my own life and means a lot to me. That fandom and interest I have in him isn't really effected by if he is right or wrong, or a saint or a jerk - i'm interested because of his music, and that makes me interested to know the man - flaws or otherwise that gives us that.

So to me Axl's side of things is sort of the missing piece of the GNR puzzle for the history books, and one day when this is all ancient history and there's no chance of renuions or new albums or anything, I think Axl will remembered as a great songwriter, and therefore I'd be interested if he released a novel of some kind to compliment that history and let us learn about what it was like to live his type of life experience.

So yeah, i guess the sort of thing that makes you uninterested to hear it is what makes it facinating to me.

ppp

ppp wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I think ppp was referring to folk on other sites, the sites where the bickering is non stop.

Yes, Ali knwos who I am speaking of. Sorry for the confusion.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Bono wrote:

Also in my opinion I think an Axl Rose book would be absolute garbage. It would be such a warped perspective on things.

I don't think Axl is able to see things the way they are. I think he sees things exactly how he wants to, to keep peace in his own self contained universe and not upset the balance of anything by being accountable for anything.

For me that's why I'd hope he'd publish it though, as what I find facinating about this kind of situation is everyone has a unique perspective.

I mean what happened to those GNR kiddies was an amazing life changing experience, and I like the idea of reading about the same events from Slash, Duff, Steven, and Axl's perspective....all eye witness acounts...all with varying problems acounting for the speaker...(IE: Slash was fucked on drugs most of the time, while Axl is very emotional, Duff can't even remember...Adler can't really look past being thrown from the band...like you'd have to account for their personality when reading it - but that's why it's interesting).

Another thing is I find axl's way of speaking quite interesting. It's also something I enjoy in his songs. His choice of words is quite precise. He's way of looking at emotional situations.

I'd read it because I want to hear from him what exactly went down when they (Duff, Slash, etc) signed the name over to him.  I do believe him on this point more than the others because he wasn't on booze or drugs.  I do find his syntax kind of interesting as he does have a tendency to go on and ramble.  That is where an editor would help the most.  Too bad Izzy has no interest in writing a book at all because I think he would provide insight into Axl and chronicle how fucked up the rest of the band was while he was trying to get sober.

I do think we would get insight into his childhood which seems to be one of the roots of his problems to this day.  As long as the book isn't too long I'd read it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

I'd read it because I want to hear from him what exactly went down when they (Duff, Slash, etc) signed the name over to him.  I do believe him on this point more than the others because he wasn't on booze or drugs.

Yes...also because as he said in the chats...if the stories in the media were true the deal would be invalid for duress legally...and that hasn't happened.

I think perhaps it's one of those classic perspective issues. a Gun to the head type  situation that slash described didn't happen one exact night - he sort of paraphrased a period of time into making it sound like before 1 show - but maybe they did in fact in some way moderate their actions to accomodate axl's wishes for fear of greater drama or ending the tour etc. I think the guys always figured they'd work it out in the end too. Like i mean there seem to have been fights with Axl previously, but in the end it always got resolved...and the band went on and got bigger. So i guess they wern't really expecting it to go as it did. Or were just too junkie to care at that moment. OR a combination i'd guess.

slashsfro wrote:

I do find his syntax kind of interesting as he does have a tendency to go on and ramble.

Yeah, it's one of the things I like about his writing...the mental links I'd guess you'd call it. The choice of words, and like the almost stream of conciousness way he rights, mixed in with things that are often said almost in responce to what he thinks a reader might say, before it's said. It's like looking into another person's mind or something, I dunno i can't express it properly. But i notice it in his songwriting too, just seems to capture a way of thinking that I can't on paper. So i'd love to read it...length or otherwise.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

If it wasn't for dark, MSL, and skwerl, you'd still be speculating on what Sorry and This I Love sound like and praying that "this is the year!!! CD starts now!!"

Maybe, but at what price?  I mean, we got the music, which I'm grateful for.  But it took over a year for them to tour in support of the album, we got no promo or interviews from the band.  It seems to me that Axl didn't feel it was time to release CD and his hand was forced by the leaks.  So we got the music on OUR terms, not his.  And thus, we got what followed, which was next to nothing.  I know some believe that the leaks helped speed up the process, but I couldn't disagree more.  Just like this shit that MSL is trying to pull now is slowing down what is an already extremely slow moving band.  All this shit pulled by the glorified hackers, leakers, and such do much more harm than good.

I was all for the leaks the first time around because it wasn't clear if we'd ever get music at that time.  But looking back, I can see how wrong it was.  And here we go again, repeating the same process but on an even grander scale.  The madness has to stop.  Let things develop as they may.  We might be surprised at how things turn out if people who have no business doing so don't feel the need to interject.

Board footer