You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: 101 Document Titles From Axls Laptop (No Actual Documents Tho)

misterID wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:

To people pretending they're not interested in dirt, you're lying to us and to yourselves. The only reason there was the mythical interest in Chinese was BECAUSE of the dirt surrounding it. Stop acting self-righteous.

Let me make myself really clear...

I DON'T FUCKING CARE!!!!!!!

I think we have a pretty damn good grasp of the situation and nothing would really surprise us one way or the other. Like Russ says, we have Chinese Whispers...

I only care about new music. If they're starting a tour, relaunching CD. Hell yeah I'm interested.

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT WHO GETS PAID WHAT. WHO HAS HURT FEELINGS, WHO'S JEALOUS OF WHO. WHO FRIGGIN CARES??????

I just want new music. That's all.

Could care less about the rest.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

And for the record, if anyone has hacked beta's email, that's bullshit. It's low. And it shouldn't happen. Even if I were really interested in all this trivial "inner workings of GNR" bullshit, I still wouldn't read it.

Sky Dog wrote:

Oh, I read the dirt in a heartbeat cause I'm interested in the business side of things. However, it clearly is none of my business and it is clearly wrong to hack in to someone's email.

Sky Dog wrote:

and another thing, if that ass clown Slashba is getting paid more than Tommy, I'll go postal....:flame::nervous:

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

He's a stooge.

Anybody know the story about Joseph Smith? In short he was provided the "Golden plates" by almighty Gawd himself. But he couldn't show them to anybody. Amazingly, only family members and close friends could attest to ever seeing such documents.

Of course MSL could have kept this quiet, and simply dumped them on torrents through a proxy. They would have spread like wildfire and nobody would have known who did it. But instead he chose to make a huge spectacle out of himself. Next enter known fraudster and petty scam artist Dark who can also confirm seeing said "golden plates", and assures us it's all true.

Unfortunately, according to MSL, because he's already put himself out there, he can't risk releasing them. Of course he forgets to remind you that he could have STFU and simply leaked them out. But instead, for some strange reason, he chose to make himself the center of attention with all this. Wonder why that is?

With Joseph Smith, the angel moroni returned, repossessed them once he was done and the general public never saw the plates. Funny story huh?

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Imma call bullshit!

This board as a whole "wakes up" anytime there is drama or a leak. Just look at this thread.  How many lurkers felt the need to share thoughts here when hundreds of Interesting threads go viewed but not commented on. It is human nature to want the whole story.(drama included)or "dirt"    So BULLSHIT!!!!!!

But count MSL as entertainment and leave it at that. He is playing the journalist card. Not the fan card. He openly extended this info to any means that he can cash in on. He did not come out as a friend to a fan and drop everything and let it spread. He could have dropped everything privately.

He wants the attention of the fan base as a means to advertise his wares.

If something comes out I will read/listen  it. SO will every member of this board! You guys gonna see the title and choose to not click it to open the thread?
BULLSHIT!!

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I think I saw that story on the discovery channel once. Isnt there a small cult founded on it?

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

1 -- had those emails been leaked to a magazine or blog like Antiquiet, that dirt would've ended up in Chinese Whispers, anyway. While this site might have the best collection to date of the story, it is by no means complete or definitive.

Assuming all this is true, how would this information be any more dirty than Piazza sending out IRS, recording music from strip clubs, or any other forms of leakage of fact or music over the years?

2 -- I'm not defending the actions of a hacker or anyone looking to profit off of an invasion of privacy, and I'm not even gonna be one of those "Well, if Axl had just acted like a NORMAL band, none of this would've happened" posters. But if this supposed (assuming this is real) trove of documents reveals how/why/when members left the band, under what circumstances, provides clues as to creative processes, details as to the behind-the-scenes dealings, etc, then this is no morally or ethically different than any anonymous source.

Think of all the information regarding Azoff, Best Buy, Merck, Finck, etc that we have learned over the years. You think Axl just gave that information up? No, it was leaked by someone who shouldn't have done it, most likely.

And without that back story, intrigue, and narrative, very few of us would have stuck around over the years. So get over yourselves. Seriously.

3 -- as much as it sucks, Ashba's mainstream success over the years with Sixx AM and others would dictate the value of his time, so no surprise if he's the highest paid player. At least he's the most visible, active, and good for PR that they have. Bumble is probably getting shafted, though.

I wouldn't blame them for doing exactly what Axl says Bucket did and jump ship once their exposure peaks.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:

1 -- had those emails been leaked to a magazine or blog like Antiquiet, that dirt would've ended up in Chinese Whispers, anyway. While this site might have the best collection to date of the story, it is by no means complete or definitive.

sic. wrote a disclaimer in front of "chinese whispers" acknowledging as much...see, you have to understand,  that in a day and age with gnr (or the moderators of fan sites trying to gain favour or whoever) surpressing anything that doesnt cast a favorable light on matters we pride ourselves with trying to bring you any information as we know it...trust me when i say that we do our damndest to separate the bullshit from the truth, but as has been proven time and time again even the most unbelievable things may prove  true within the inner confines of gnr...i may or may not approve of what msl is selling but he is presenting it in way that has perked up the ears of a fanbase that has been all but dormant for a while, its intriguing if nothing else

to say that sic copied and pasted everything in there...its like you are claiming that he put no effort into it at all...I assure you that he went though a tireless effort to compile the info that we have and to put it in an easily navagatable chronological order...it was no simple task and I think that comment you made is a bit of a slap in the face to his efforts.

sic. got himself recognition (and published as well) for this huge endeavor is a testament to his efforst ... chinese whispers is an amazing accomplishment and i am honoured that sic allowed us to present it on GnRevolution and i am proud of the fact that it is on this site 22

in his own words, as he has a much more eloquent way with words, in a foreign tongue to him (English), than i have and its my own native language

sic. wrote:

Whatever can be said of Chinese Democracy, the man himself spoke the greatest truth of them all.

To say the making of this album has been an unbearably long and incomprehensible journey would be an understatement. - W. Axl Rose

The lofty goal of Chinese Whispers is to document this journey as well as possible with whatever factual information available. This has meant spending long hours going through various articles, message board posts and other tidbits to place every other comment into proper context; what year were the people interviewed involved, and how do their opinions correspond with the stage at which both the band and the album were at that point.

While it tries hard to provide answers, it does not attempt to serve as the absolute truth on all things GNR following the Use Your Illusion world tour. What it does offer, however, are interesting snapshots in time which illustrate Axl and his crew laboring over a myriad of songs with various producers, hoping to complete their work to a satisfying degree, only to find release plans foiled time and again for reasons that often remain undisclosed to this day.

It is a tale of madness, obsession and creative endeavor of gigantic proportions. While the light in which the core players are represented may not always be flattering towards them, one thing is certain: everyone involved tried very hard to make the best album possible, despite almost unsurmountable pressure from the record company, the music press and most importantly, the long-suffering fanbase.

At the end of the day, the music speaks for itself. However, as the story behind the music has no equal in the history of rock, Chinese Whispers will hopefully provide with some entertainment value while waiting for Axl Rose's own, unabridged account of what truly happened.

This is not the truth.

This is the story as we know it so far.

(if you see this, i updated the end a bit sic. ... hope thats ok 19 )

Sky Dog wrote:

"We're gettin' no place fast as we can
Get a noseful from our so-called friends

We're gettin' nowhere quick as we know how
We whirl from town to town treatment bound

First thing we do when we finally pull up
Get shitface drunk try to sober up

There'll be no pose tonight no money in sight
Label wants a hit and we don't give a shit"

Tommy and the Mats had it right in 1983.....:peace:

Board footer