You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: 101 Document Titles From Axls Laptop (No Actual Documents Tho)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I'm inclined to believe it, but it doesn't really matter.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

thats juicy as hell, not gonna lie.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Wasn't there rumours (that were denied by Beta) a couple of years ago about Tommy getting angry about stuff and throwing his bass at the door coz Axl was going onstage late etc etc.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I guess we'll know tomorrow that there's any truth to any of this if you're not allowed to post about Tommy on htgth 16

Do you really believe someone would pay for that article? Do you really think Best Buy would sink MORE MONEY into relaunching CD when they still have boxes of the original? Do you really think a band member (c'mon, we know how ALL OF THEM ARE) would really talk to msl and give out that kind of information? Do you really think Axl would consider bringing back Duff and have to answer a billion questions about Slash and basically give up some level of control? Do you really think msl is a journalist?

If you answer yes to any of this, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

In 06 there was a rumor started by Eagles of Death Metal that Tommy threw his bass at Axl in Cleveland, but I was at that gig and it certainly didn't happen. I don't remember the more recent allegations.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Tommys had a few outbursts over the years as I recall.

kozygodd
 Rep: 2 

kozygodd wrote:

yawn....

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

You know, reading through mygnr for the anticipation of the article, then getting it and the WTF? response afterwards... Kind of reminds me of when I lost my virginity.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Wow, so much bs in that article.

So with the tour appearing to be off, where does that leave things with Best Buy? Although Best Buy had been burned by the first release of Chinese Democracy, they've pledged major funds to help market a reissue. Will they continue to be so supportive when clearly it is impossible for Guns N' Roses to reliably stick to any sort of plan.

Ha!  Best Buy released their financial statements in December of 2010 and it showed that their net income, revenue and same store sales all dropped.  In addition, the statement claimed that the company had lost some market share.  So why on earth would they toss money into GNR when they have bigger problems to solve.  That and I think they're probably still gun shy after the last experience they had with GNR in 2008.

But why is Doc McGhee having so much trouble finalizing a North American tour? Multiple sponsors have already signed on, including John Varvatos, Bloomingdales and Deleon Tequila. Companies such as Monster Energy and Harley-Davidson have had discussions with GNR as well about sponsoring a tour.

Um.  Bloomingdale's doesn't sponsor individuals only charitable organizations.

From the Macy's/Bloomingdale's site:

Macy's and Bloomingdale's do not fund the following events or sponsorships:

* Individuals
    * Organizations operating primarily in communities where Macy's or Bloomingdale's do not do business
    * Religious organizations (when funding is to be used for primarily religious purposes)
    * Salaries for nonprofit staff positions

Events

Macy's and Bloomingdale's corporate event sponsorships program provides funding to charitable organizations in Cincinnati and New York through sponsorships and participation in fundraising events.

Somehow, I don't think GNR qualifies as a charitable organization.

It seems like he just trolled the boards and just randomly pulled some stuff that makes sense and culled it into an article.

Board footer