You are not logged in. Please register or login.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

Re: 101 Document Titles From Axls Laptop (No Actual Documents Tho)

huntermc wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:

In the video he says that the memory card was sent to him anonymously. I smell BS.

Yeah, no doubt he knows exactly who sent it even if they didn't announce it. Kind of like the wikileaks soldier kid whose still sitting in solitary right now - the guy who sent it to MSL is the one who really has a lot to lose and given the few number of people who would have access to this stuff it shouldn't be hard to narrow that down.

Chris Piss
 Rep: 1 

Chris Piss wrote:

That's some Julian Assange type shit going on there, boys. Could Axl's burp be the new Deep Throat?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

New music asside....

He's offering confidential letters and info to disgruntuled employees and former employees who may want to sue?

I don't see how anyone can find this sort of conduct acceptable.

It's crossing from fandom and excitment to outright fucking with their business enterprise.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I agree, if true, this is fucked up. But when you consider it, as much as we enjoyed the CD leaks, it is criminal to screw over peoples interests like that.

I cant fathom it, I dont know what I would do in his shoes, I'm certain I wouldnt be unloading private and personal documents onto the net. We dont deserve to know everything, as frustrating as it is as fans of the band to feel let down and left in limbo so often as we do.

Sky Dog wrote:

the more I think about it.....just bizarre that it has come to this point.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

GunsNRosesNews

#Super #Bowl. See Step Six. "Cross Your Fingers For Guns N' Roses". http://bit.ly/estFoo less than a minute ago via web

http://www.quickdfw.com/sharedcontent/d … e4375.html

Step 6

Saturday, Feb. 5: Look at photos from last night. Yes, that's you sharing an ice luge shot with Paula Abdul. It's time to vie for a daytime spot on the Primo's patio. Good luck. And once night falls, watch out: Things could get slippery. It's a little overwhelming and nearly impossible to plan, but you'll be able to throw a rock and hit a party. The Maxim shindig is going to be lunacy and they've got some super-secret, top-notch musical performance planned ... cross your fingers for Guns N' Roses. For those inclined to a more rowdy local scene, head to the Dubliner and check out Boys Named Sue. (Had to do it, right?)

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I agree, if true, this is fucked up. But when you consider it, as much as we enjoyed the CD leaks, it is criminal to screw over peoples interests like that.

I cant fathom it, I dont know what I would do in his shoes, I'm certain I wouldnt be unloading private and personal documents onto the net. We dont deserve to know everything, as frustrating as it is as fans of the band to feel let down and left in limbo so often as we do.

On the other hand, if you were one of these former band members and someone (either Axl, management, the label, etc.) were misinforming you about the sales figures and cheating you out of your royalties, wouldn't you want to know? We as fans don't have any right to that confidential matter, but MSL was reaching out to band members to contact him and hopefully this stuff will stay private. Also, hopefully it won't delay the release of any new album.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

lol - finally something interesting happening in GNR land.

Did it occur to anyone that perhaps GNR have decided to use MSL as part of some viral promo strategy?  Just a thought.

Chris Piss
 Rep: 1 

Chris Piss wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Did it occur to anyone that perhaps GNR have decided to use MSL as part of some viral promo strategy?  Just a thought.

Already been brought up, brah.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Yeah, I think russ mentioned that a couple pages back and that would actually make the most sense to me.  Because if not, I don't see how MSL gets away with this.  I mean, won't they go after him hard if he releases any of what he claims to have?  I would think they'd make what happened to Kevin Cogill look like a day at the beach. 

I can also see both sides of the argument pro/con MSL.  I agree whole heartedly that what he's doing and has done in the past is not right and he's ultimately doing it for the fame.  As crazy as that sounds.  He's famous to a few thousand forum junkies?  Doesn't seem like much. 

Of course I'd be a hypocrite to say I don't find it all very amusing and fascinating at the same time.  And obviously, like MSL said, none of GNR's plans ever seem to be carried out anyway.  Some would even argue that we never would've gotten Chinese Democracy if it weren't for the leaks.  And they'll make the same argument here.  None of whatever is going to happen would have happened if not for MSL.  But the fact is we don't know that for sure.  If they did have these glorious plans and were actually going to carry them out, it's a shame they're now going to be forced into it.  And worst case is they don't do anything now and instead focus on more legal proceedings.

It's quite insane, but I can't wait for a response.  Or Feb. 1st/2nd.  Whichever comes first.

Board footer