You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Manets
 Rep: 9 

Re: 101 Document Titles From Axls Laptop (No Actual Documents Tho)

Manets wrote:

Ignore the "Perfect Crime" part:
OgAAAC4u8MJ4ePMBh9CyMlNHGzecW0cHaYhuek494Bctgvyuzkptt4WDPt-geNvop00ZMJv7pXKUCU4VdfAuwNKvO4cAm1T1UHLQA1fUFowVDmJYW5yYdkwp-m8E.jpg

I think that's all. Beyond that it's impossible, seriously.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Naltav wrote:

So after all this Axl called MSL and burped into the phone? Sounds like Axl's wierd humor...
smile

Surely something must come of this. MSL has painted himself into a corner with this stuff.

If new songs leak I hope I can stay true to my promise to myself and don't download!
hmm

That Axl-bio stuff sounds exciting!

If new songs leak, I'd kill to hear the one that Axl said Robin played a solo along the lines of SVR in.

Yeah that SRV solo HAVE to be sick!! Maybe I'll just let you figure out which one it is and I'll just download that one!
smile

Naltav

Naltav wrote:
downliner wrote:

but I have to question how long the fanbase will hold onto this mentality of "us vs. them"?

We have the early leaks, the album itself, the axl chats, multiple world tours and communication in general has improved. Everytime Axl lines something up will a fan swoop in and shit all over it before he's even given a chance?

Well said! That's pretty much how I feel about this!

downliner wrote:

Saboteur is the word I'd use to describe MSL, and hypocrite is the word to describe myself 16 My $0.02.

Oh yeah... and this! ^^  16

But seriously, if GNR are just 24 hours past their planned launch time, MSL feels it's his duty to "announce it for them"? He didn't say he planned on releasing the songs, he said that was just his backup in case GNR decided to "fuck with him".
So what will he "announce for them"? And what have Axl and/or someone in GNR ever done to MSL in order for him to feel THIS frustrated? It's kind of extreme...
I mean, of all my hardcore music fan friends, no one is more rabid fan of a band than I am and what MSL is planning wouldn't even cross my mind if all that material somehow ended up in my lap.
I mean we're only 2 years past release of the album and the band just finished 1 year of almost nonstop touring entertaining fans all over the world! So really? Allready this frustrated?

Fuckin wierd!

But again, I kinda feel like this:

downliner wrote:

Saboteur is the word I'd use to describe MSL, and hypocrite is the word to describe myself 16 My $0.02.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
faldor wrote:

See here's my problem with that line of thinking.  What if they did have grand plans to roll out Chinese Democracy but they weren't all in order back in 2008, and everything changed because of the leaks.  Thus Axl says, F it, everybody's heard it already anyway, why push this thing?  Then what if they finally come up with a plan, albeit 2+ years later.  Now MSL threatens to blow the cover on the whole thing.  Who knows what'll happen as a result.  Bottom line is, it's their art.  They should choose to release it as and when they see fit.  It's not really up to us. 

Now I realize those are some humongous IF's and I'm as greedy as the next guy and will gladly take whatever comes from all this.  But I would feel bad if this was indeed screwing with their vision.  Flame away.

I really think from what Axl has said about it, that UNI didn't listen to him on how he wanted the initial release to be and just did it. The leaks wouldn't have changed anything. That's just my opinion, though.

He's offering confidential letters and info to disgruntuled employees and former employees who may want to sue

Yeah, that's way out of line. Leaking a couple songs is one thing, this is a whole other.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Manets wrote:

Ignore the "Perfect Crime" part:
http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/Og … wp-m8E.jpg

I think that's all. Beyond that it's impossible, seriously.

Someone posted at Mygnr that it said Leak Announcement of Jackie Chan in a bigger blow up of the screen cap. Don't know.

Naltav

Naltav wrote:
misterID wrote:

He's offering confidential letters and info to disgruntuled employees and former employees who may want to sue

Yeah, that's way out of line. Leaking a couple songs is one thing, this is a whole other.

Yeah, that's a low blow! Totally uncalled for!

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I would be interested in Axl's autobiography, that would make very interesting reading.  I would love to know what makes the guy tick.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Axl has never mentioned an Autobiography as far as I know.  The only book i know of is the "court transcript" like piece he was writing on how the brand is his.

A autobiography would be awesome- tho i would prefer to wait till hes 80 and playing Vagas nightly.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I guess, according to msl's chat, that Buckethead's royalties were slashed for not promoting CD. And Axl's pissed at Ron for something he said about the CD era songs and thinks he's jealous of DJ, who's getting paid a shitload more money than anyone else. And there are internal emails within the band (other members) about how important Buckethead was/is to the band.

johndivney wrote:

i think MSL was prob joking about the autobiography & about some of the backpay shit..

but i would like to see what axl's idea of what's going on exactly is. probably just an incoherent longwinded epistole of everyone who has wronged him.. maybe i don't want to see it actually..

Board footer