You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Help wanted — jobless need not apply

monkeychow wrote:

Sorry to hear about your situation Russ, good to keep positive, i'm sure you'll get back out there fast smile

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

I hire people at my job. I have hired unskilled people in their 50's who thought they didn't have a hope. I hired because of what they did when they were not working. I watched to see how much intuition and get up and go they had.
You can be unlucky but you can also make your own luck. They are the kind of people I seek for certain positions.

My point exactly.  Sitting around waiting for someone to hire you isn't going to get you hired. 

Monkey - I will call anybody that is qualified for the job, but if they've been out of work, they need to have a better answer than "I'm waiting for someone to hire me" when asked what they have been doing since their last job.  They could have gotten a temp job, volunteered, gone back to school, etc.  Sitting at home waiting for someone to hire them is not an attribute I look for.

Axlin (and anybody else not working):  I can't get you a job, but I will be happy to look over your resume and give you suggestions/tips/advice that may help you get a job.  Send me a PM if you're interested...it may take some time depending on the volume, but I have been successful helping several people I know in similar situations.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

I hire people at my job. I have hired unskilled people in their 50's who thought they didn't have a hope. I hired because of what they did when they were not working. I watched to see how much intuition and get up and go they had.
You can be unlucky but you can also make your own luck. They are the kind of people I seek for certain positions.

My point exactly.  Sitting around waiting for someone to hire you isn't going to get you hired. 

Monkey - I will call anybody that is qualified for the job, but if they've been out of work, they need to have a better answer than "I'm waiting for someone to hire me" when asked what they have been doing since their last job.  They could have gotten a temp job, volunteered, gone back to school, etc.  Sitting at home waiting for someone to hire them is not an attribute I look for.

Axlin (and anybody else not working):  I can't get you a job, but I will be happy to look over your resume and give you suggestions/tips/advice that may help you get a job.  Send me a PM if you're interested...it may take some time depending on the volume, but I have been successful helping several people I know in similar situations.

My point as well. Dead on.

Board footer