You are not logged in. Please register or login.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Re: Someone Is In Big Trouble

russtcb wrote:

But again with the stuff these guys have to endure, what he said seems pretty pale by comparison. And Ron seems to have a pretty big sense of humor, so my guess is everything he said was to be taken as ribbing and not seriously suggesting "forcible sodomy" etc.

Also, he doesn't really have control what gets posted on his fb/twitter in as much as I'm sure he's got far better things to do with his time then sit around waiting for twisted people to make vile comments on his feeds so he can make sure to delete them.

Which is another thing that seems completely false about things being posted about Ron lately; the accusation that he deletes people with any sort of username associated with "old-GNR". I follow him on both fb & twitter and I see all sorts of people with stuff relating to old-GNR, Bucket, Slash, etc. So that seems completely false to me too.

Lastly on the topic of why go to mygnr? Jarmo has shut all talk of the MSL-BS down so it's not even being discussed there. So if Ron comes in and makes a statement debunking some of it, then that starts the discussion again. The "Ron Hates DJ" thing never really took off here as we've just been discussing the whole mess and merely touched on that. Seems mygnr was/is the place where people were really sparking up discussion on that and so he went there to say it was false.

Unfortunately it is part of the deal that comes with notoriety/celebrity. People will write awful things about you and your family, especially in an anonymous cyber setting.

If Ron has the time to act immature and unprofessional on a GnR forum then he has the ability to monitor his FB and twitter pages with the understanding that idiots exist in this world.

Ron has a number of outlets to deny the DJ rumor: going to mygnr, to the heart of the diseased hog, seems like the worst of any choice. Considering that the thread was locked and deleted, it didn't really work out for him.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

killingvector

russtcb wrote:

But that's what I'm saying; there aren't a number of outlets. I explained why I didn't think he'd go here or htgth. He can't really just release a press statement to the world about it when no one's picked up the story but the forums and Metal Sludge. So he went to where the rumor was picking up steam, squashed it, had some fun ripping on people who rip on him constantly, answered some questions, moved on. I just don't see a big issue with it.

Information percolates so fast through the GnR community. Almost every forum has twitter links and FB updates. In addition, there are other boards, including his own, where he could have addressed these rumors without the need for shit stained gaiters. MyGnR is the blood and guts on the floor of the stick pit. I am shocked Ron made the decision to engage them and not surprised that we, today, are discussing the attack on trolls rather than the denial.

ppp

ppp wrote:

MYGNR was the only place spreading this particular rumor of Ron hating DJ. One of BBA's many accounts would not stop posting it, so I guess that why Ron decided to address it to him.

killingvector

ppp wrote:

MYGNR was the only place spreading this particular rumor of Ron hating DJ. One of BBA's many accounts would not stop posting it, so I guess that why Ron decided to address it to him.

Actually, the rumor originated back to MSL and the documents he has claimed to possess:

008. November 2010 Axl email bitching about Bumblefoot

and MSL's subsequent video in which he says that BBF complained about DJ's pay.

Whether BBA ran with that information should be irrelevant in the context of where the information was originating.

Since there was an original source, Ron could have taken several online routes to presenting his side and avoid comments about pancakes and forcible sodomy.

But to digress, the main question is whether Ron needed to embarrass himself (sorry loaded question) by sniping back.  I feel that it was beneath him to do so.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

youthinkso
 Rep: 0 

youthinkso wrote:

There is a lot of activity in G n' R world at the moment, very turbulent.

In short, Bumblefoot/Ron Thal is in deep shit.

G n' R contacted admin/Eric to delete the chat session thread, because they know about the email in which Bumblefoot/Ron Thal is complaining DJ getting paid more for each show.
He then lied in that chat session about it.

About 1 hour after it was sent to G n' R the chat by Bumblefoot/Ron Thal disappeared.

G n' R has ordered the 4 biggest Gnr messageboards (mygnr, HTGTH, CD, newgnr) to delete any thread concerning the Bumblefoot/Ron Thal chat and ban the people who insist on talking about it.
Hoping people will forget before it gets too big.

They also weren't happy with the way Bumblefoot/Ron Thal presented himself, insulted people like in kindergarden and then went on a tirade why he is someone because everyone listens to his songs every day on TV and radio.

Also mocking people working 9 to 5 jobs as nobodies, and the rape joke wasn't taken well by G n' R.

Bumblefoot/Ron Thal is in trouble with Axl and Gnr management because of his big mouth.

Of course it is not just this chat that caused this all.
It started way back in 2008 and it got worse.
He acts like he is the most important member in the band that deserves the most pay and recognition (he cares a lot about these 2 things, which his manufactured image doesn't show).
The real Bumblefoot/Ron Thal is very different to what is portrayed to the fans.

In his aggressive replies he was dead serious, no joking.
Very schizophrenic in his behaviour.

He is also the one who wanted Robin and Tommy out first, because they had/have more to say about the direction of the band musically/performance wise.
No matter what he claims about this, he also protests heavily against having Buckethead/Finck material on the next album and wants his own (not-so-good according to Axl) songs on it for royalties.
Bumblefoot/Ron Thal is doing a Slash on Axl/G n' R.

His time in G n' R is coming to an end.
Buckethead is in the picture still (like he always was, that never changed), but does he want in is the big question.

Bumblefoot/Ron Thal wasn't kicked out earlier because there was no other replacement available just before and during the touring (there are 6-7 who could do it on a short notice but 4 are close friends with Bumblefoot/Ron Thal so they would not accept, although they wished they could and the 2-3 just refuse to be part of this big industry joke no matter how many figures there are on the fat paycheck).

There is no touring in the near future so it is game on now to find (yet another) replacement for a replacement.
He thought this PR stunt would give him the edge, but that turned out to be a shot in his own bumblefoot.

That is the full situation at the moment and it changes every few hours.
Since that chat Bumblefoot/Ron Thal has been fired at least 2 times by Axl and rehired again by some in the management who think they have no other choice, legally.

Gag orders all over the place, but that is nothing new.

Back to your regular programming where everything is fine and peachy.

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:

and you are?

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Proof?

Sound like it was wrote by one of the guys Ron humiliated in his chat. 14

oh yeah welcome to the forum.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Not sure I believe this, but I figured he'd be in trouble as soon as I started reading that stuff at MyGnR.

Bucket might still be in the picture for Axl, but not for Bucket. That won't happen again.

He might not even be in touring shape. He hasn't toured in a few years now, and has just a couple festivals this summer. His mysterious ailment last summer clearly has affected him.

Board footer