You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Re: Ron Visiting Israel For Benefit Show

Naltav wrote:
Neemo wrote:
johndivney wrote:

i'm sorry Neemo but it's just not as simple as Ron - or in our most base/explicit language, a famous jew playing for some less fortunate fans. there are millions of rock fans in turmoil, you don't have to play specifically in a country which is currently running it's own genocide & famine on a group of people - what about those people?

Naltav wrote:

I just feel this sort of humanitarian obligation not to suport ANY business coming from Isreal, until they start behaving according to reality and not some ancient, fairytale, God-given sense of entitlement.

i seriously doubt that every single person in israel is trying to kill each other ... and it doesnt look as though ron is even playing gnr stuff, but with a local israeli metal band ... its dedicated to the halocaust which is something i imagine that most jewish people conisder a very important topic... i really dont see a problem with it tbh....this is the same line of thinking that says all muslims are gonna try to take down a plane or all irish peopel are gonna throw a pipe bomb....stop being so single minded

back to topic and stick to topic, if you wanna discuss the politics of war torn countries then go start a thread in the garden as was suggested

Nice job of summing my views down to "all muslims and irish are terrorists". A line of thinking that are alien to me.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I worked in Intel  where I met lots of Israelis and liked most of them alot.
Many of them had been directly affected by the war at home and had either seen death or had it come to their families.

I then went to Israel and was appalled at how the Palestinians have been made to live and honestly was very angry with the Israelis.

However, I was just a visitor and my opinion, while important to me, was made over a very short space of time using the limited experiences I had to work with.

Some of the shit between borth sides has been ongoing since the time of Christ so it’s all a lot more complicated and broader than the parameters of this Board.

johndivney wrote:
Neemo wrote:
johndivney wrote:

i'm sorry Neemo but it's just not as simple as Ron - or in our most base/explicit language, a famous jew playing for some less fortunate fans. there are millions of rock fans in turmoil, you don't have to play specifically in a country which is currently running it's own genocide & famine on a group of people - what about those people?

Naltav wrote:

I just feel this sort of humanitarian obligation not to suport ANY business coming from Isreal, until they start behaving according to reality and not some ancient, fairytale, God-given sense of entitlement.

i seriously doubt that every single person in israel is trying to kill each other

stop being so single minded

that's not what we're saying, at all. the point is that citizens of a country have a responsibility, no matter how far removed they are from the brutality their government is creating. it starts with those very people who have to say "NO - we're not doing this until that is fixed"

i think it's entirely reasonable to be singleminded in this respect when there is a clear line between what's right & wrong.

the muslim/irish analogy is completely out of bounds btw. Israel is currently conducting a genocide against the Palestinian people. what is outrageous is that it is Jewish people, with their [recent] history of persecution carrying out these crimes against another sect. the Muslim faith is now the most popular in the world, it is a tiny minority of fundamentalists who are conducting a war, not the government of a country. The war in Ireland has been finished for nearly ten years now.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i have no interest in discussing politics any further ...

a local israeli band has apparently asked Ron to guest with them to remember the haulocaust...we dont even know if this is true or bullshit but its gone way far from that topic

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i have no interest in discussing politics any further ...

a local israeli band has apparently asked Ron to guest with them to remember the haulocaust...we dont even know if this is true or bullshit but its gone way far from that topic

And that's all there is to it. The rest should be stayed out off. We can discuss that somewhere else instead of mixing Ron Thals concert in Israel together with retarded vegetable boycotts.

Naltav wrote:

Ok, to make it even more "stupid", I don't even buy vegetables or fruit if it says "Made in Isreal". Not saying the farmer is bombing the fuck out of an entire "country" who he allready have imprisoned. I just feel this sort of humanitarian obligation not to suport ANY business coming from Isreal, until they start behaving according to reality and not some ancient, fairytale, God-given sense of entitlement. Not saying that Isreal is the only wrongdoing part here, but they hold the key to the solution and don't seem to have any desire to use it. I have no hope in seeing a resolution to that conflict in my lifetime, but I do feel the need to make my little "stand" and maybe encourage my daughter in years to come to be able to see the world and it's inhabitants as just that. Inhabitants of ONE world instead of divided sections of tribes.
We are all on one organic spaceship hurling through space at an insane speed. Ancient books and prophecies telling you what is "your promised piece of land" should have NO say in ANY matter! Period! It's 2011, let's turn that fucking page already!

Congratulations with your "taking the high horse" route on this conflict. It's very Norwegian of you, butting in on every conflict you think you know everything there is to know about, sitting up in your mountain country having opinions about shit you truly have no clue about. I'm sure you think you do anyway, the medias been full of it.

I laugh every time I hear people not buying Israeli veggies. Better fucking turn off your computer too mate, because the Israelis are the leading experts on several parts in it. Don't expect you to come back here any time soon then, as the Internet won't work without those hardware pieces. Oh, and if you get cancer, make sure to boycott a couple of treatments as well, as Israeli doctors are world leaders in that area too. Better go all the way eh? Or does it stop with the veggies?

Some of your views are nothing but prejudice, and you're not one step better than the people you are trying to boycott.

If Neemo or anyone else want to delete this post or move it into The Garden, then I'm all for it.

Sky Dog wrote:

I'm with you DCK....a shocking amount of prejudice on display.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Thank you, and I'm sorry for my harsh language, but this one pissed me off greatly.

Chris Piss
 Rep: 1 

Chris Piss wrote:

What the FUCK?

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

To put it in general terms that apply to every fucking democratic nation on the planet:
With democracy comes great responsibility, you (the people) are responsible for the acts of your government and will have to live with all the repercussions that come with them. Don't want to be seen as genocidal? Don't vote for a government that commits genocide. Don't want to be judged as a warmonger? Don't vote for a president that wants his hand in every single conflict in the middle-east as long as there's economic or political benefit to be had. Don't want to to be called a child molester? Don't support an organization that protects child molesters; covers up the proof and neglects to report it to the general public & authorities.

Kudos to all people actually thinking for themselves and trying to form an opinion based on investigating the facts instead of following the herd, even if it is at times hard to know all the facts that pertain to a given subject. Is this the place to vent these opinions? Maybe not, but it's an informal discussion forum in which you can expect opinions to be triggered by all sorts of shit. I can't stop anyone from feeling offended by any of this, but maybe you need to re-evaluate your personal priorities if you're that easily offended. I don't like Dr. Pepper, religion, genocides, the color mauve, warmongers, seats with no back support or child molesters and I stand by my right to express those opinions. If you're more offended by a specific item in the previous list than any of the others, that should be considered your problem, not mine. No topic should be off-limits just 'cause some dweeb might be offended by it.

To all those offended: fuck off. Being offended might be your prerogative, but don't expect me to take your feelings into account just 'cause you're easily offended...

Sky Dog wrote:

good points. However, I am not offended...got no horse in this race.

Board footer