You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

Re: RUMOR: GN'R Planning SA tour around RIR

dave-gnfnr wrote:

russtcb everyone on these boards was saying CD was going to bring rock band, or did you using your selective memory again to "forget" what was said for 10 years before CD was released.

As for being owned by madagascar, I was not owned by anything, Axl was sick of AFD, yet he is still playing most of that very album every night.

The fact is, Axl does not play CD songs because the fans dont want to hear them, and he is still not talking about a US tour because he knows its not going to go over well if he tries to play arena's.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

russtcb everyone on these boards was saying CD was going to bring rock band, or did you using your selective memory again to "forget" what was said for 10 years before CD was released.

As for being owned by madagascar, I was not owned by anything, Axl was sick of AFD, yet he is still playing most of that very album every night.

The fact is, Axl does not play CD songs because the fans dont want to hear them, and he is still not talking about a US tour because he knows its not going to go over well if he tries to play arena's.

Ooooohhhh...I get it, so since the boards were all saying that CD would save rock n roll, it have to be true, and when it didn't, it all sucked. Hell yeah, I've been poundering on what impact CD would have as well, but it's just that...what I'm thinking will happen. It's nothing to do with reality.

It's funny when you lay down the rules for a game you're not playing, and then gets disappointed when you loose.

Axl plays the proper amount of new songs visa vis old songs, right in terms with what most bands with a history does. What the fuck?

But alright then Dave, you first bitch about GNR forever and ever, and then bitch when they're not touring the States? Greatest thing is with you, you're actually not alone with your views. There's plenty of you around, in USA and in Europe.

And you still wonder why Axl wanna tour South America? Because they are not spoiled assholes with an attitude, they love the music and they love to rock out to it. So they get the entertainment, and the rest of us don't. Wow, that's really amazing. How can it be??

Sky Dog wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

I wasn't trying to own anyone....just real sick of the tired AFD comment and cover band comments. It is what it is at this point.

However, "the FACT is" you have no idea why Axl does anything he does. He is not the most rational person, and I am quite certain you don't have a clue as to what goes on in his world or in his mind.:haha:

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:

Well that is what it is, its a glorified cover band, what else do you call it, esp when they are only playing 3-4 CD songs a show something they were doing back in 2001-2006 before CD was even released?

And Axl even said why he plays the old songs, bc he knows fans enjoy them, and he also knows fans dont enjoy the CD songs because CD bombed.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Well that is what it is, its a glorified cover band, what else do you call it, esp when they are only playing 3-4 CD songs a show something they were doing back in 2001-2006 before CD was even released?

And Axl even said why he plays the old songs, bc he knows fans enjoy them, and he also knows fans dont enjoy the CD songs because CD bombed.

If he knows fans don't enjoy the CD songs, why play any?  And nice try with the 3-4 CD songs per show.  Take the smallest amount they ever played and use that as the norm.  Way to go.  Anything to slant your opinion.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:

That is what Axl was going back to on the last tour. He was barely playing any new CD songs, and the funny thing is the ones he was playing he was playing back in 2001 since he always seemed to play the blues, CD and madagascar, so those dont even count as new songs.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

October 23rd, 2010 - Barcelona, Spain @ Palau Olímpic Badalona
Setlist: Chinese Democracy, Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Sorry, Shackler's Revenge, Richard Fortus Guitar Solo (James Bond Theme), Live And Let Die, Jam/This I Love, Better, Rocket Queen, Dizzy Reed Piano Solo/Street Of Dreams, You Could Be Mine, Dj Ashba Guitar Solo (Ballad Of Death)/Sweet Child O' Mine, Jam (Another Brick In The Wall: Part 2)/Axl Piano Solo (Goodbye Yellow Brick Road/Someone Saved My Life Tonight)/November Rain, Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Pink Panther), I.R.S., Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Nightrain

Encore: Bumblefoot Improv/Don't Cry, Jam/Madagascar, Whole Lotta Rosie, Jam/Paradise City

I count 8 songs from CD there, not 3-4

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:

Like I said, CD, the blues, and Madagascar they had been playing for 10 years, so I am not counting them. My point is half of the so called "new song's" they have been playing for ten years.

If you want to go one step further, they are basically still playing the 2006 set list with one or two songs extra. 

You would think he would be breaking out songs from CD that they have not been playing for the past 5-10 years.

Why not play prostitute, scraped, if the world, or riyadh more often? They have only played riyadh like what 4 times live total?  They should be playing at least 10 CD songs a night, every show.

The Canada leg of the tour is how every show should be.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Axl isn't an idiot.  He's not going to play 10 songs that people don't want to hear.  That is career suicide.  He may be attempting career suicide in other ways, but not by playing songs that most people don't want to hear when they go to a guns n roses show.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:

Then Axl has to accept this is just a coverband and that is it.

Board footer