You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Foo Fighters

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

This is awesome too, the band dressed up like the Beatles, even Taylor's bass drum has a Foo logo that looks like the Beatles one.

http://www.cbs.com/late_night/liveonlet … eo/?cid=nl

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

After first listen, I thought Walk was one of the weaker tracks on there, but now I like it a lot too. That performance was great as well.

jamester

jamester wrote:

DAVE GROHL Talks Playing 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' Again - Apr. 25, 2011
According to The Pulse Of Radio, FOO FIGHTERS frontman Dave Grohl revealed in a new interview with Entertainment Weekly that he and former NIRVANA members Krist Novoselic and Pat Smear played the NIRVANA classic "Smells Like Teen Spirit" together for the first time in nearly two decades while the FOO FIGHTERS were recording their new album, "Wasting Light". Grohl explained, "The day we finished the record, we had this club gig to do. It was in this little bar down the street, a surprise show. I invited Krist to come down and play a song. We wanted to play 'Marigold', which was the B-side of the 'Heart-Shaped Box' single, and it was the only NIRVANA song I sang."

Grohl continued, "So we go to the studio that day to practice. We run though the song once and then Krist says, 'Hey you guys want to do some moldy oldies?' Me and Pat look at each other and go, 'Okay, what do you want to do?' He says, 'Let's do 'Smells Like Teen Spirit'. I hadn't played that song in 18 years . . .We ended the song and look at each other like, 'That was strange.' We walked out and (the studio manager) looked at us and said, 'Yeah, it sounded pretty good. You guys should keep that."

Smear has been a member of FOO FIGHTERS on and off since the band's formation in 1995, and is currently back in the band.

Grohl, Novoselic and Smear last played together in 1994 on NIRVANA's final tour. Frontman Kurt Cobain killed himself in April of that year.

Butch Vig, who produced NIRVANA's 1991 landmark album "Nevermind", produced the new FOO FIGHTERS record.

Grohl told Entertainment Weekly that bringing Vig onto the project was a big step for him personally, explaining, "I owe everything to NIRVANA. But I can't let that overshadow the future. For the first few years, I didn't even want to talk about NIRVANA; partly because it was just painful to talk about losing Kurt but also because I wanted the FOO FIGHTERS to mean something."

"Wasting Light" debuted at No. 1 on last week's Billboard album chart, a first for the FOO FIGHTERS, selling 235,000 copies in its first week of release.

jamester

jamester wrote:

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

I couldn't imagine Dave singing Teen Spirit, but I reckon if any band could have pulled it off, it would be them.

Board footer