You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Foo Fighters

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

ottosporteman wrote:

Foo Fighters is the best thing to come out of Nirvana.

It`s a shame we`re gonna lose one of the best rock acts nowadys for a time but it`s much better than they touring and releasing uninspired efforts.

Oh of course and I agree with your statement. I still love both bands; but now I've become a bigger fan of the Foos music than Nirvana. Wasting Light was a huge leap forward then their last few albums before. At times I wished they would of waited to release a GH disc until Wasting came out because the album has so many rocking tunes that are just as good as the hits.

Me_Wise_Magic

Stacey wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

I'm a big fan of the Foo ever since I first heard Everlong playing on the radio. I didn't get to hear their early material until years later and then recent outings with Wasting Light just blew me away. I bought their Greatest Hits when it came out in 2009 and that made me love the music in an instant. I do hope you & Russ get to see them live. They put on one of a show and you will get your money's worth guarantee. They did several encores and put on an epic performance with two other good bands playing. I'm just hoping next time, me and my friend get better seats and maybe get a picture or autograph. Russ has a point! I want them to be fully rested and powerful when they decide to do the follow up to Wasting and the touring that goes along with it. I know Dave and the boys would never half ass anything they do. I thought the letter reflected the times pretty well and they thanked the fans which are the reason they are still putting out music. THEY'LL BE BACK SOON! big_smile

Fortunately, I have seen them. Last year when they toured behind Wasting Light, I saw them at The Palace and it was one of the best three shows I have ever seen.
Russ had to work out of town that day, so he did not get to go sad That's really why I am hoping they come back around sometime.

In the meantime, I'll watch Back and Forth and be happy with that.

It is a great doc and I enjoy watching when it comes on TV. I'm sure they'll be back sometime next year or by 2014 at the latest. Since their last break lasted from 2009 to mid 2010.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Love the Foos, but I think a break will be good for them. Seeing that Back & Forth doco really showed how many times they were close to splitting. Wouldn't have known though, as they never went public about it all, like many other bands do.

I agree, Wasting Light is an awesome album too, probably my fav of theirs aside from Color & The Shape and their debut.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

I was watching their documentary, Back And Forth...

The last guitar player that joined them, in 1999, Chris Shiflett says on the documentary that by the time he was offered to audition to Guns N'Roses but chose the Foos instead.

Interesting... It was around the time that Robin Left for the first time, no?

Me_Wise_Magic

ottosporteman wrote:

I was watching their documentary, Back And Forth...

The last guitar player that joined them, in 1999, Chris Shiflett says on the documentary that by the time he was offered to audition to Guns N'Roses but chose the Foos instead.

Interesting... It was around the time that Robin Left for the first time, no?

Sounds about right. Hearing Chris play with Axl would of been kind of cool to hear.  Also brings up that 4TUS was being called to audition before Bucket got the job too.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

RussTCB wrote:

I could be wrong, but I think that Chris would've replaced Paul.

Oh yeah! Forgot about that. Since Axl knew Paul wasn't into committing to the Chinese Democracy tours.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Just playing catch up, as I was away on holidays while the new Foo Fighters single Something From Nothing was released, and it rocks, I love it!

Another song they've released, Feast And The Famine is pretty cool too, reminds me a bit of White Limo off their last album.

Also, they've just announced an Australian tour for early next year, which I'm looking forward to as well!
FOO-MEME-1.jpg

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I just watched the first two episodes of Sonic Highways. Really dug those two songs. I was lucky enough to catch them at a festival this past summer. Great show. A highlight for sure. Best encore with them coming back out as The Holy Shits.

Board footer