You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Avenged Sevenfold

metallex78 wrote:

Some preview clips of some new songs from their forthcoming new album, Hail To The King, due out 27th August.

1013052_10151468706055583_505078558_n.jpg

Can't say I'm much of a fan of the album artwork, but these song snippets sound promising!

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:

Pass. Never got hype of this band.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

For this band I think they are alright for the most part. Not great; but my bro has been trying for a few years now to get me into their music more. I think the musicians are great and M has some good vocals; but some of their newer material bugs the hell outta me. I'll give these tune previews a listen when I have the chance later on today.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

To me, they're like a mix of Metallica, Pantera, GN'R, Maiden, with some modern screamo, and Tim Burton orchestral stuff thrown in for good measure.
They get a lot of shit put on them for their image, and called posers and what not, but I still dig them.

They're one of the true successors to bands that I grew up loving, and they seem to get better with each album release.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ Great way to describe them!

I almost posted something similar last night...to me they seemed initially to be a screamo/hardcore band or whatever that genre is properly named these days..but with a little bit of a classic metallica mixed in occasionally. Then they've been slowly progressing towards a hard rock sound I think...especially the last two albums. Then there's a n element of flair - almost like UYI except if it was a metallica album and the tim burton influence is really noticable on some tracks - almost sound like nightmare before christmas or something like that.

So to me they arn't a band where I like everything but there's the occasional cool hard rock song or sort of thrashy metallica song. Of course they are also famous for the complex drumming of the REV (rip) that gave their sound a particular edge too.

I like that shaddows can sing clean but also do a bit of roar too!

Another thing that makes them memorable is that each member of the band has a sort of discernible stage character...almost like GNR back in the day did...and a little like comedy bands like Steel Panther or Dethclock...but that makes them fun to watch and follow.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Cool sounds alright

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Favourite albums GNR I & II

Me_Wise_Magic

Love the GNR shout outs and influence that Matt talked about. I thought the song he did with Slash was really good. As for the previews, the material sounds promising. I don't hate this band by any means. They just aren't one of the bands I'm all that into. I like alot of their songs and some songs they do I don't care for. I'll give the new album a listen when it streams online.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Hail To The King, full single now streaming.

Sounds pretty cool, follows on from the slower groove stuff off their last album.
Reminds me a bit of Metallica too.

Me_Wise_Magic

I loved the song. Has a good chorus and the instrumentation & vocals are solid. Good start.

Board footer