You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

Re: Avenged Sevenfold

RaZor wrote:

This is my first taste of A7X, and I like it. I don't find it bland, but if it is, it's a bland that I like. I'm digging listening for the influences from those other bands I love.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I still think their self-titled album is their best effort, followed by City of Evil and Nightmare.
That said, the best tracks on Hail To The King sit nicely alongside the best songs in their back catalogue. I just think overall, it's not their strongest album.

But I have noticed that people that aren't that familiar with the band's previous work, or aren't really fans of them in general, have kind of gravitated towards this new one... 10

And I look at it like this - it's a solid hard rock album, when not many solid hard rock albums are being released by major label bands these days, so I support them 100% 5 9

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

I definitely liked this enough to check out their previous albums, though I may not like them.  Not a metalcore fan.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
RaZor wrote:

I definitely liked this enough to check out their previous albums, though I may not like them.  Not a metalcore fan.

Don't worry, they haven't been metalcore for a long time now.

They have three solid rock/metal albums before this one that I'm sure you'll dig if you like Hail to the King

- Nightmare
- Self-Titled (their strongest album in my opinion)
- City of Evil

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Hail to the king the song rocks.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
RaZor wrote:

Don't worry, they haven't been metalcore for a long time now.

They have three solid rock/metal albums before this one that I'm sure you'll dig if you like Hail to the King

- Nightmare
- Self-Titled (their strongest album in my opinion)
- City of Evil

Balls deep into nightmare, me likey. Thanks for the steer dude.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Avenged Sevenfold Earns Second No. 1 Album On Billboard 200

Rock band Avenged Sevenfold comes flying in at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 this week. The group's sixth studio album, "Hail to the King," opens atop the list, selling 159,000 copies in its first week (according to Nielsen SoundScan).

It's the second-largest sales week for the rock band, just shy of the debut of its last album, 2010's "Nightmare" (No. 1 with 163,000).

The new album's title track has climbed to No. 12 on the Hot Rock Songs chart, and spent the past four consecutive weeks at No. 1 on the Active Rock airplay tally (viewable on Billboard.biz).

Avenged Sevenfold's opening is also the largest week for a hard rock album in more than a year. The last hard rock set to sell more in a week was Linkin Park's "Living Things," when it launched at No. 1 with 223,000 on the July 14, 2012, chart. The two bands also happen to be labelmates—both are on Warner Bros. Records.

Avenged Sevenfold's "Hail to the King" naturally also debuts at No. 1 on the Hard Rock Albums chart, the Alternative Albums chart and the overall Rock Albums chart. In total on the Billboard 200, "Hail to the King" is the band's third top 10 effort, following "Nightmare" and a self-titled set in 2007 (No. 4).

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ … lboard-200

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

Just in case you need another reason to dislike Machine Head...

Machine Head's Flynn Slams Avenged Sevenfold

(TeamRock Radio) Machine Head mainman Robb Flynn has poked fun at Avenged Sevenfold after their new album Hail To The King reached number one in the UK and US charts.

In his online diary Flynn sends his congratulations to the band for the success of their "latest covers album" and adds: "Who knew that re-recording Metallica, Guns n'Roses and Megadeth songs could be a worldwide hit? Ba-dap psssss!"

He suggests the band – who already defended their musical direction on their latest release – should change their name to Sad But Two and that lead track Hail To The King is "actually that ugly AC/DC band's song Thunderstruck."

And he jokes that sales of Metallica black album "skyrocket as fans realise where the new songs came from." Read his number-one punchline about A7X here. http://www.teamrockradio.com/news/robb- … rt-success

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
RaZor wrote:

Just in case you need another reason to dislike Machine Head...

Machine Head's Flynn Slams Avenged Sevenfold

(TeamRock Radio) Machine Head mainman Robb Flynn has poked fun at Avenged Sevenfold after their new album Hail To The King reached number one in the UK and US charts.

In his online diary Flynn sends his congratulations to the band for the success of their "latest covers album" and adds: "Who knew that re-recording Metallica, Guns n'Roses and Megadeth songs could be a worldwide hit? Ba-dap psssss!"

He suggests the band – who already defended their musical direction on their latest release – should change their name to Sad But Two and that lead track Hail To The King is "actually that ugly AC/DC band's song Thunderstruck."

And he jokes that sales of Metallica black album "skyrocket as fans realise where the new songs came from." Read his number-one punchline about A7X here. http://www.teamrockradio.com/news/robb- … rt-success

I saw that yesterday, it was only intended as a joke though right?

I actually agree with some of the stuff he says in jest, there are songs that sound really similar to the bands they were inspired by

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

Just re-read it, and yeah looks like it's jut meant in jest. I missed that last time, must have read it to fast. Lol.

Board footer