You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Custom Titles - Request Them Here

Neemo wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Neemo wrote:
strat0 wrote:

Yah I thought that was pretty cool...

we felt that taking the custom titles off looked a bit cleaner, but i'm sure we could take a look again if everyone wants them back

...And the post count, maybe.

haha yeah that was another ommision...we didnt think it was necessary to differentiate from someone based on postcount...when RoV started it was a place where everyone was on an even playing feild and there were no "newbs" but yeah we can look into incorporating that as well if the majority would like it back....going into profiles though you can see both the custom title and post count smile

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

I think we should bring back the Custom Titles. Adds more individuality. I don't really care about post count tho.

AtariLegend wrote:
strat0 wrote:

I don't really care about post count tho.

It just looks better and it suggests whether a poster is a regular visitor or a one time poster just looking for a "link".

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
strat0 wrote:

It just looks better and it suggests whether a poster is a regular visitor or a one time poster just looking for a "link".

good point

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
strat0 wrote:

Very good point, I saw bring them both back.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
strat0 wrote:

does it matter why someone's posting?

i'm all for the custom titles because they were fun.

but the post count i can do without. in the end it will come down to "you're a noob/post whore" just like some of the other forums. and you can click on his profile if you want to see someone's post count. it looks a lot cleaner without all the info like post count/signatures 19

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I dont like the post count being shown, on other sites some people think it gives them superiority and I utterly detest the term "noob" and what it stands for.
Isnt it part of the mantra here that noone is to feel like a newbie when joining?

When you are a regular you recognise names anyway, even other names  from across the boards.

What about a new backround or something to freshen the place up?

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

there is a new design coming, at some point....but people are busy and these things take time smile

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Points noted about user titles and post counts smile As Neemo says we're working on freshening this place up a little. Been throwing around ideas for the last month and testing shit out.

I'd like to change my title to Rembrandt Q. Einstein.

Board footer